Should you cancel a 3rd date or every 2-3 dates?

pikachu69

Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally when I date I never cancel a date which may make me look like I have nothing else going on. Even though the girls always accept my dates and check with me on the day of the date if we're still on I always say we are.

Should I throw in a cancellation every 3 dates?

I lost countless number of girls because even though they met up with me I think during the process subconsciously they felt i was too available.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have the same problem...

1st or 2nd date is a perfect time to cancel if anything but don't overdo it or she might cancel you.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys...Why the hell would you cancel a date that YOU WANT?
If something comes up and you'd rather do that than go out on a date, then by all means, cancel and reschedule.

You're not going to cancel a date just so a girl will think you're busy I hope...Why don't you fill your life with activities so you ARE busy?

Man, "I think...subconsciously they felt I was too available?"

That's completely irrational...Don't take anything for granted unless someone tells you directly. Your mistakes probably have nothing to do with not cancelling dates.

Man don't cancel the first date...If a girl still WANTS you after you cancel the FIRST date, she's probably insecure or needy and not the kind of woman you really want..

jophil28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the Mood said:

Indeed. This is the sort of mindless nonsensical 'advice' that women read in those supermarket magazines... as if cancelling somehow makes you appear more appealing because you look 'in demand '.
Cancelling does not make you more attractive or 'unavailable' it just makes you look like a flaky woman.

Last edited:

Yogibear

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the Mood said:
If something comes up and you'd rather do that than go out on a date, then by all means, cancel and reschedule.

You're not going to cancel a date just so a girl will think you're busy I hope...Why don't you fill your life with activities so you ARE busy?

Man, "I think...subconsciously they felt I was too available?"

That's completely irrational...Don't take anything for granted unless someone tells you directly. Your mistakes probably have nothing to do with not cancelling dates.

Man don't cancel the first date...If a girl still WANTS you after you cancel the FIRST date, she's probably insecure or needy and not the kind of woman you really want..

could not agree more
there is absolutely no reason to cancel a date if youre unavailable
if she doesnt want to see you anymore, chances are its not because youre too available

pikachu69

Don Juan
Reaction score
ok if she on the date texts ''hey I don't think I'll be back by (time) do you want to make it later? or another day?'

Should you choose a later time that day or just choose another day?

I think this might be a test.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i would cancel a date just because of the weather or maybe if i'm sick...that's the real reason why i would cancel.

the wierd thing is, since i do seem a little too available sometimes, everytime i canceled a date (except for one) i was able to close to them. so i thought the reason for my success was because i canceled. ...

pikachu, if you are available to see her at a later time then see her but make her come to you.

Dante420

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pikachu69 said:
ok if she on the date texts ''hey I don't think I'll be back by (time) do you want to make it later? or another day?'

Should you choose a later time that day or just choose another day?

I think this might be a test.
lol

DJ_Tekinkel

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey man I think your reading too much into this.

Remember your the man, you run your life
You chose whether or not YOU want the date, and your strong enough to not care on the outcome, your just there for the journey.

What im trying to say is.

If you want to date her, do it, if your busy/cant, dont, reschedule. You pick, you lead! You don't need to be a flaky woman / mind games to try spark interest level... your better than that !

drak_ool

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pikachu69 said:
I lost countless number of girls because even though they met up with me I think during the process subconsciously they felt i was too available.
Scratch that... I don't know why you've lost countless girls, but this is not the main reason! Think about it: you've got a girl who's interested enough in you to go on a date with you; everything on the date goes well, you ve used kino, you ve escalated, kissed her, maybe even more... And now this same girl will flake on your next date because you did not cancel on her, so she subconsciously felt you were too available?

Too much availability does show the women that you don't have much going on in your life. As someone else pointed earlier, the best way to overcome this problem is to actually start doing more sh.it in your everyday life that does not involve a TV and a game system.

While it might take a bit of time for you to get your life back on the fast track, here's a potential solution to your flakiness problem: schedule multiple dates at the same time with different girls (make sure you're telling them different meeting spots!). That way you can wait until the day of the date, when they either confirm on their own, or you ask them to confirm yourself. You weed out the flakes, then decide which one of the remaining non-flakes you are the most attracted to and go meet her. Win-win situation!

Another solution: schedule back-to-back (to-back-to-back etc...) dates, especially for 1st dates. Setting up a time constraint will force you to be sharper, while keeping your from blabbering too much personal info too soon. It will also show the girl that you are busy. Finally, if she doesn't know you too well, she will feel a lot more confortable to meet with you for only a predetermined amount of time.

vitor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is dumb. How about instead of playing games or trying to apeer busy/unavailable you go out and get some hobbies and actully mean it. Lift weights 2-5 days per week, take dance lessons, meet friends, engage life, have fun, date multiple women.

American men need to get off the couch, lift weights, get outside, get off the internet 24/7. I am not saying this to attack you but making a date and canceling is f ing dumb, and a jerk move. She might have been able to go out with her girlfriends, meet her parents, or whatever but choose to spend time with you. The same goes if she pulls that ****.

Canceling dates = lack of interest..

pikachu69

Don Juan
Reaction score
but what i'm saying is every couple of dates she is texting me 'hey i dont think i can make it at (time) can we do it later? or another day?'

every time i am choosing later in the day, should i choose another day instead from time to time?

that's why i am coming across as available.

guywhoneedshelp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pikachu69 said:
Generally when I date I never cancel a date which may make me look like I have nothing else going on. Even though the girls always accept my dates and check with me on the day of the date if we're still on I always say we are.

Should I throw in a cancellation every 3 dates?

Let's see...you like a girl enough to hang out with her 3 times...why would you want to cancel a situation where you've both made plans to hang out? Damn I wouldn't be able too...I'd be too excited to see her. I'm sure she'd admire that also.

pikachu_69

Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not following, my dates usually text me on the day to either tell me they can't make it at the time we stated so can we make it later or another day.

I always choose later that day, normally i don't have anything on cos 2 hours later I would still be on the date with her. I know the problem is I don't have a life outside of dating so to speak. So should I still choose another day just to seem less available?

My last date mentioned this to me that she'd offer later in the day or another day and commented I always chose later that same day. At the time it was funny but I should have paid attention that she was telling me I was too available.