Should We Ignore Red Flags When All We Want Is to Have Some Fun?

holidayad_

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know that everyone goes on dates with different intentions.

Some want to go out to find a partner for a long-term relationship, while others just want to have fun. To spin plates.

IMO, in the latter case, as long as you keep in mind what you want, it’s possible to ignore red flags without suffering any major damage.

But should we? How often do you ignore red flags just to keep having fun?

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're free to do whatever you want but you're not free of the consequences

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you lacking so much options you had to ignore red flags?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should definitely pay attention to red flags related to prudishness.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. Absolutely not.

Here's the thing: when you see redflags but are unable to walk away it means she is still your best option. Compare it with buying a car. You find out the car you sought-after has many many flaws, yet your purchasing power is so limited it's STILL the best you can get...no surprise that later down the road all kinds of shyte will go wrong.

If you spot redflags you should be out the door with one and a half if your feet already. Personally I left many notches unmarked due to spotting redflags. My gut always tells me that not much good will happen when proceeding to feck a girl who clearly doesn't qualify..

holidayad_

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've ignored red flags and gotten away with it, until I didn't. It's like playing with fire.
If you spot redflags you should be out the door with one and a half if your feet already. Personally I left many notches unmarked due to spotting redflags.
Assume you have a chick who is part of your rotation (you see her once a week, bang her and that's all), would you keep her or would you drop her?

Solomon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are you lacking so much options you had to ignore red flags?
Yup same here, I think as a man you have to have standards obviously this is subjective to each and every individual

In regards to OP @holidayad_ It honestly depends on the redflag I won't even lie, however as I get older the less I'm willing to deal with other peoples ISH as I got problems of my own I'm trying to rectifcy

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
I have, but it’s always a Shiite show.

Macadellic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Fun for one day, one night, or a set start and end date of days because both of us are on vacation then yes.

What do I care that she’s in a relationship while solo traveling or on a girls trip.

Use protection and do not stay in contact with them.

Stay safe, stay King.

itouchyou

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Depends...too many people start off as having fun, ignore the red flags and then allow their emotions to rope them into something long term, all the whole ignoring the red flags that have been there all along.

Too many men enjoy toxic relationships.
man, this was almost me last year. was really interested in this one woman and she admitted to a massive red flag. I avoided getting to know her, and over time got to know her a bit anyways and started catching feelings. can't imagine what I'd be doing right now if I actually pursued her, probably allow myself to get roped into a relationship and get crushed.

granted, that's life, and that's life experience, gotta take the good with the bad, but if you have the wisdom to avoid that altogether.. I can't really say if that's the right thing to do or not.

No. Absolutely not.

Here's the thing: when you see redflags but are unable to walk away it means she is still your best option. Compare it with buying a car. You find out the car you sought-after has many many flaws, yet your purchasing power is so limited it's STILL the best you can get...no surprise that later down the road all kinds of shyte will go wrong.

If you spot redflags you should be out the door with one and a half if your feet already. Personally I left many notches unmarked due to spotting redflags. My gut always tells me that not much good will happen when proceeding to feck a girl who clearly doesn't qualify..
this is very interesting. in my case you're right, this woman I reference above was my best option.

what do you mean by leaving notches unmarked? you mean avoiding getting involved despite knowing you could if you wanted?

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO, in the latter case, as long as you keep in mind what you want, it’s possible to ignore red flags without suffering any major damage.
Go out, play the game, ignore the red flags, bang and dissapear.

But should we? How often do you ignore red flags just to keep having fun?
Again if you want to bang only, she is hot, then that's perfectly fine, nothing to worry about. Don't get attached, do it once, or twice, that's it.

DJ Novice

Don Juan
Reaction score
If red flags emerge just be aware of the consequences. No one is immune to getting attached or catching feelings, there is always one female archetype who is your kryptonite. Always be prepared to walk away no matter how painful it may be. Enjoy the ride while it lasts and doesn’t cause you grief.