Should i pursue a former crush who recently showed interest on social media?

Spirit_1500

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, a few years ago, still in high school, I used to talk to this girl. She's beautiful and was quite popular. We were very close at that time and almost had something, she was interested in me, we went out, talked about everything, etc. In the end, due to some issues at the time, it didn't work out, and we just drifted apart.

Recently, I had the idea to try talking to her again. She's working now, and she told me she has very few contacts now and is quite isolated. I could also sense that she was somewhat melancholic. Anyway, I tried messaging her for a while, and she would respond and even engage for some time, but then she would suddenly disappear and stop responding out of nowhere. And obviously, I was always the one sending messages; she never reached out first. So, she wasn't interested in me. But I think it’s worth noting again that she was working, so maybe she just didn’t have time. Anyway, I stopped talking to her because it wasn't worth it to converse with someone who didn’t respond. The last messages were just mine that she didn’t even see. Meh.

Anyway, the day before yesterday, I was lurking on Twitter and decided to check her profile. Her latest post was a tweet saying she wanted to meet someone at the park, walk with ME (??), and mentioned things she’d like to do with ME, like talking about various topics, sharing feelings, and discovering music, games, anime, movies, books, documentaries, trivia, history, geography (all of these were things we used to talk), and >>TOUCHES<< together. She ended by saying she really wanted all of this.

So, I saw this and got really confused and excited. Do I have a chance, then? I decided yesterday to send her a message to try and talk and see if I could get something. Result: nothing. She didn’t even see it. Again. So, I don’t know what the heck is happening, whether she has some problem and isn’t checking anything on any app (I remember sending her a happy birthday message on Instagram, and she didn’t see it either) or if it’s something with me specifically. I just find it bizarre. I have friends who say she has always been very difficult to reach through messages and that this is typical of her.

Anyway, I’d like to know what you experienced people would do. Would you try to get something going since she seems to have some interest based on the tweet, or would you just continue ignoring her existence as I had decided to do before?

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, but I would appreciate an explanation.
There's nothing here.

You haven't kissed, dated, or f***ed. You're delusional if you think an 18 year old girl isn't constantly on her phone, and she stopped reading your messages multiple times. It doesn't even sound like you have her phone number - you're just DMing her on Instagram or something.

Go meet other women in the real world.

Spirit_1500

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's nothing here.

You haven't kissed, dated, or f***ed. You're delusional if you think an 18 year old girl isn't constantly on her phone, and she stopped reading your messages multiple times. It doesn't even sound like you have her phone number - you're just DMing her on Instagram or something.

Go meet other women in the real world.
I have her number and mainly talk to her through it. The Instagram example was just another instance where I sent her a happy birthday message.

I was already ignoring her existence, but the issue is that she posted a text about me on her social media, and I wanted to know if this meant something to me, if there's any chance and if I should try since she showed a lot of interest in it.

Spirit_1500

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro...there's nothing here.

Move on.
How can it mean nothing if she was saying all those things in her post?
I can definitely continue doing what I was doing, which is not talking to her. But I wanted to know an approach for this situation, the social media post. That's the main point.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can it mean nothing if she was saying all those things in her post?
I can definitely continue doing what I was doing, which is not talking to her. But I wanted to know an approach for this situation, the social media post. That's the main point.
Dude, it's obviously not about you if she's not responding to you. It's like when a "psychic" says something basic like "I see somebody from your past" and you're over here drawing your own conclusions going "oh my god! I know exactly who she's talking about!"

Spirit_1500

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, it's obviously not about you if she's not responding to you. It's like when a "psychic" says something basic like "I see somebody from your past" and you're over here drawing your own conclusions going "oh my god! I know exactly who she's talking about!"
But it was literally about me, man. She used my name and my nickname, which is extremely specific.

BPH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But it was literally about me, man. She used my name and my nickname, which is extremely specific.
Alright dude, you're right, I'm wrong. You have a lot more life experience and your intuition seems spot on.

Text her back, maybe even propose while you're at it. You obviously know better. It's not like you're 18 surrounded by college girls at the easiest point in your life to get laid.

I gave my advice, keep making your mistakes.

Spirit_1500

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright dude, you're right, I'm wrong. You have a lot more life experience and your intuition seems spot on.

Text her back, maybe even propose while you're at it. You obviously know better. It's not like you're 18 surrounded by college girls at the easiest point in your life to get laid.

I gave my advice, keep making your mistakes.
I'm not saying it like that, man. You don't need to address it that way. I just wanted to understand this post better and explain that it couldn't be about anyone else but me.

Gamisch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro...there's nothing here.

Move on.
he is right..yiu have to understand that even beyond fecking her there's a galaxy of events that need to fall into the right place for you.

not saying you habe no chance..but don't count yourself rich by any means. The thing is you should just take it at face value and make moves regardless of her. Mediocre interest = no interest (imo).

you cab always shoot your shot once amd see if there's anything there BUT do so without falling into the friendzone trap. And somehow i feel.lkke you aint ready for that..

What did she post?

Spirit_1500

Don Juan
Reaction score
he is right..yiu have to understand that even beyond fecking her there's a galaxy of events that need to fall into the right place for you.

not saying you habe no chance..but don't count yourself rich by any means. The thing is you should just take it at face value and make moves regardless of her. Mediocre interest = no interest (imo).

you cab always shoot your shot once amd see if there's anything there BUT do so without falling into the friendzone trap. And somehow i feel.lkke you aint ready for that..

What did she post?
What do you mean I'm not ready?

As I mentioned, I tried to make my move, sent her a message, and she didn't see it, just like my previous ones. That's why I'm confused – there's interest in one place and disinterest in another.

She posted almost exactly what I mentioned in the original post, with the difference that it had my name and my nickname. And trust me when i say they are veeeeery specific.

Rainrain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What do you mean I'm not ready?

As I mentioned, I tried to make my move, sent her a message, and she didn't see it, just like my previous ones. That's why I'm confused – there's interest in one place and disinterest in another.

She posted almost exactly what I mentioned in the original post, with the difference that it had my name and my nickname. And trust me when i say they are veeeeery specific.
You got your answer. You made your move and she ignored you. Since women are always on your phone she already saw that you message her she just chose to not read your message. If she liked you she wouldn’t have hesitated to respond.

Women like to toy with men that chase them hard. There is a big difference between perusing and chasing and I am afraid you have done things to indicate the latter.

Reaction score
In cases like these, you have to step back and see how much of this is wish fulfilment and how much is real.

A lot of things from your story don't add up. Either you're not being truthful, or this girl is misrepresenting herself in order to gaslight you.

My advice: find fresh women, this one is done.

Spirit_1500

Don Juan
Reaction score
In cases like these, you have to step back and see how much of this is wish fulfilment and how much is real.

A lot of things from your story don't add up. Either you're not being truthful, or this girl is misrepresenting herself in order to gaslight you.

My advice: find fresh women, this one is done.
Thanks guys, im going to ignore her just like before

Divorced w 3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her and ask her to go for a walk in the park.

Agamemnon43

Don Juan
Reaction score
She sounds like a lunatic and damaged goods anyway. (If what you've described is true)

But please do pursue her. Looks like you will not be convinced until you touch the bottom.

Learning Curve

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
And obviously, I was always the one sending messages; she never reached out first.
Obviously, here is your problem.

So, she wasn't interested in me. But I think it’s worth noting again that she was working, so maybe she just didn’t have time
Sure, let's create false realities and try to create attraction out from thin air. Let's be delusional. Let's all agree that she did not have time, so we just found our excuse to continue to reach out.

Anyway, I stopped talking to her because it wasn't worth it to converse with someone who didn’t respond. The last messages were just mine that she didn’t even see. Meh.
Low interest.

Anyway, the day before yesterday, I was lurking on Twitter and decided to check her profile. Her latest post was a tweet saying she wanted to meet someone at the park, walk with ME (??), and mentioned things she’d like to do with ME, like talking about various topics, sharing feelings, and discovering music, games, anime, movies, books, documentaries, trivia, history, geography (all of these were things we used to talk), and >>TOUCHES<< together. She ended by saying she really wanted all of this.
It's you creating science fiction in your brain.

So, I saw this and got really confused and excited. Do I have a chance, then? I decided yesterday to send her a message to try and talk and see if I could get something. Result: nothing. She didn’t even see it. Again.
Again no responses, but you are trying hard to find excuses.

I have friends who say she has always been very difficult to reach through messages and that this is typical of her.
Your friends have no clue what so ever, never listen to anyone who has no experience with women on how to approach women.

Anyway, I’d like to know what you experienced people would do. Would you try to get something going since she seems to have some interest based on the tweet, or would you just continue ignoring her existence as I had decided to do before?
There is no interest, what so ever.

Let me clarify you what an interest is. It's a direct contact from her to you either by a phone, message or in-person. Her posting is not interest is you creating interest out of thin air, because you want it so hard to work that you are building your own book and chapters in your brain.

Snap out of it. You are acting like a little kid.

Attraction works both ways, it's not one way forward, you are the only one initiating contact and you are finding excuses for her not reaching out so you can continue to reach out.

Learn the game, study and stop creating false realities.

Ignore her, unless she reaches out, never contact her again.