Should i pay once in a while?

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Me & my GF always go dutch when we go out. Do you guys think I should pay once in a while?

We've been in a LTR for twenty two month.

ChristopherColumbus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't like being stingy. Nor do I want to be a door-mat. I find paying roughly two-thirds of the time is a good policy. Let her pay once in a while, not you.

Filter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell yeah man.

I think it's just a good thing to do.

Sometimes I'll go out with a buddy for dinner or beers and just pick the entire tab up. Sometimes they do the same. I think it's just a good gesture. As long as they reciprocate it, there's no problem. If the other person isn't a complete ass, they're going to appreciate and remember it. My only rule is I never pay for a girl until I've fvcked her a few times. Unless she buys me a drink, then I might buy her one in return if I like her.

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. Well it looks like you guys think I should pay.
I don't like being stingy. Nor do I want to be a door-mat. I find paying roughly two-thirds of the time is a good policy. Let her pay once in a while, not you.
Thanks for the reply. That's a lot of money to be spending on a girl.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I split all the time, and she likes it that way. And if she's used to it, I wouldn't just start paying out of the blue. She'd probably just find it weird and think I'm trying to impress her.
What makes you want to pay? What do you gain? Never mind the money, but maybe you can show your appreciation in more fun ways.

You could still treat her, randomly and spontaneously, to some snacks or stuff.

Edit: It looks like you really want to pay. Well if you do, make sure you're not doing it in an awkward way ;)

Last edited:

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always go dutch for woman, every once in a while I pay for her something small like 10-20 and see how it works, if she try to pay you back without you having to ask, and when you say she don't need she thank you for this, its at list some good points on my list, if she fail on any of this, well they never stay around for too long

Rainman4707

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I split all the time, and she likes it that way. And if she's used to it, I wouldn't just start paying out of the blue. She'd probably just find it weird and think I'm trying to impress her.
What makes you want to pay? What do you gain? Never mind the money, but maybe you can show your appreciation in more fun ways.

You could still treat her, randomly and spontaneously, to some snacks or stuff.

Edit: It looks like you really want to pay. Well if you do, make sure you're not doing it in an awkward way ;)
I do give her a treat, like buying her a £3.50 cheap cinema ticket every once in a while.

At the moment I think my money is mine & hers is hers. I just thought people might think i'm tight.

Firestar786

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just go halves basically

So financially 50-50 or thereabouts

I've dated a lot of wealthy women who even suggested paying for absolutely everything lol