Should I NEXT her?

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been out on 2 dates with this new girl over the past 2.5-3 weeks. We've had fun both times. First time was to a comedy club and second time was to a movie and a club later on. I only kissed her on the cheek(ill-advised by many people here) the first time since I had a bit of a sore throat and didn't want to get her sick(didn't tell her that though). The second time I kissed her on the lips and she seemed like she wanted more but I was still a bit sick so I didn't give it to her.

She works for tourism and occasionally travels on weekends so she was out of town last weekend, but called me as soon as she got back. I was still recovering from my cold and almost over it so I decided we should wait til the weekend to hang out. We made plans for last Friday to go bowling, but something came up where I had to go out of town for 3 hours on that night and I wouldn't get back in time for bowling. I let her know this earlier in the day. When I did get back it was pretty late and I had got a call from a bunch of my friends who I hadn't seen in a few weeks and everyone wanted to "blow it up" big time. I couldn't pass on this so I called the girl, who at this point sounded pretty mellow and I suggested that we hang on Sunday night since she wanted to take it easy that night and I wanted to party. I didn't just cancel on her but I mentioned that I had some friends who were going hard and then she quickly said "ok, go with them tonight", and I asked if she was sure and she said it was ok, but she rushed me off the phone just after I made plans with her for Sunday.

I didn't bother to call her on Saturday since I knew that she was having a girls night out with her sis who was leaving on Sunday and a bunch of her friends. WHen I called her on Sunday she was hung over from her hard night out and so had to back out of our Sunday plans but asked me to a movie for Monday night. SHe said she'd call me during the day to confirm. She called me today to tell me that she was still sick. She basically won't be able to do anything until next weekend because of her work. I guess it's not really her fault, but I haven't been dating any other girls lately and find myself thinking about her a little more than I want to at this point(one-itis)?. She's the relationship type who's last relationship(mutual breakup ended last September) was for 5 years. So, should I just head out and get some more numbers or stick with this girl?

M.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Head out, get numbers...

This chick may be cool... tell her you'll call her when you've got some time cos you're a busy person, and make sure that call is just to fix up somethin, be assertive and sure, don't linger...

The reason why you should still be active is cos this is far from a relationship... what's wrong with havin 7 girls to choose out of, as to who you want to take things further with... I mean you could be out next Saturday and find somethin better than this, you may always, so whilst you're single anyway make the most of your time...

playa

Banned
Reaction score
You think too much. Date other girls if she's always busy and evasive. You've got seed to sow brutha.:D --peace

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Get other numbers - then go out with this chick next weekend.

Why can't you do both?

You should allways be looking for backups.

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you think I should let her know that she's not the only one? Not directly but if another girl is asking me to a movie(happened the other day) or just basically trying to get with me should I drop hints in conversation with this girl?

M.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nope.

It's a given - if your busy - and mysterious (not opening up everything to her) you'll be fine.

Don't just drop sh#t into conversations..... If she asks you point blank - tell her.

Chemistry

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No don't tell her that, lol...

She wants somebody who she can see has the potential to be a player and can get a lot of women, so that you have more value in her eyes... i.e. you're gettin looks from the women when you're out and bein THAT confident around women when you're there...

What she doesn't want is to be one of your ten women who you call up whenever, lol...

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok first of all don't NEXT her. She hasn't been flakey at all. She canceled on you Sunday partly because you canceled on her Friday. That's the game in full force working. She didn't want to look like a pushover and that your the only person in her life. The other part of why she canceled was probably because she was really sick. As far as still being sick Monday, that's fine as well. Just make plans with her later on in the week. If she's still busy then stop calling and let her come to you. If she does great, if she doesn't then let her go.

You should definitely be dating other girls and getting more numbers because you guys haven't really established anything concrete. You guys are barely even dating at this point.

PIMP

mecca411

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, should I be the one to call HER back first or should I wait for her to call me? If she doesn't call, do I just say screw her and NEXT?

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by mecca411
So, should I be the one to call HER back first or should I wait for her to call me? If she doesn't call, do I just say screw her and NEXT?
Your the guy and she's the girl. So grab your ballz and call her in the middle of next week to set up something for that weekend. If she flakes again then NEXT...

PIMP