Short or Long Hair?

inter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I wondering which is generally better longer hair or shorter hair.

Each of them has it's own problem for me, so I guess I'm just wondering which is the lesser of the two evils.

When my hair is short, I like how it looks, but to look good it must be gelled . . . looks pretty bad without it . . . and it also exposes my ears, which unfortunately pretty much stick straight out of my head, giving my otherwise well balanced face a kind of goofy look.

and . . . When my hair is long it covers my ears and my rather large forehead, but its right in between curly/wavey so I have little lifts of hair going off of my head in all directions and it generally looks messy (because none of them wave in the same direction, its pretty random up there) no matter what I do with it.

As an added concern, I am still in high school (I didn't post this on that forum, because responses there generally aren't too helpful) and gelling has pretty much fallen completely out of fashion at least at my school, it looks good on me, but I don't want to be the only one in school doing it (or do I?). I guess this sounds really un-alpha, but I think some of the guys might be a little hard on me if I start with the gel again. Finally. if you do recommend short/gelled could you please advise me on a good product, becausee style that looks good on me is matted spikes with a curl forward in the front to cover a bit of the forehead.

Right now my hair is longer so all options are open.

Here are some pics to help with the advice . . .
I know I'm not the greatest looking guy, I can't help it.

Me with gelled hair, head to the side so you can't see my ears, that's why I look kinda good.

Gelled with ears, a bit more realistic.

How I look with short ungelled hair . . . :/

Longer, messier, but ear and forehead covering hair.

Haha aight thanks guys, and if you have any other tips for my look feel free to leave em as well.

spaceman2001

Banned
Reaction score
Grow sideburns. Large ears or not, having no sideburns looks really gay.

You're a good lookin' kid.

Themj2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ yeah gets some sideburns going... I dont really see what the problem with gel is. Everyone has their own style. Do what YOU think is the best not what other people think is better. I personally have gone through long short gelled, un gelled hair. Personally I hate having long hair so I keep it short. Ive gotten compliments for both gelled and ungelled. right now I could really car less how my hair looks. I gell my hai on ocassion. DO WHAT FITS YOU BEST. YOU LOOK FINE EITHER WAY! get some sideburns though if you are going with short hair

Alittude

Don Juan
Reaction score
I reckon you look better with longer but that's just my opinion and I may be biast because I have long hair, real long hair. Whatever you think looks best do it. Don't base your life on what others think if you want to gell your hair, do it and bring it back into style.

Migel

Don Juan
Reaction score
On the first two pictures you look like every other guy, which is bad.
Large forehead is good (it's a sexual trait, read about it).
I'd say grow even longer hair and make it curly and leave a 1-2 day shave to make you look more badboy.

iwant

Don Juan
Reaction score
don't see anything to worry about... you are fine

Malachi

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah get some sideburns, but i have to say your fourth pic didn't do you any favours....but apart from that your not a bad looking guy.

-Malachi

RabbitMan

Banned
Reaction score
If you were to ask my best schoolboy buddies dad, Brian, this question he would look you straight between the eyes and say, "Son if you are a REAL MAN then get your HAIR CUT, only FAIRIES grow their HAIR LONG", but long before that their was a Biblical charachter named, Samson, he was VERY POWERFUL when his hair was LONG, but became VERY WEAK when he CUT it SHORT, so I guess it doesn't really matter, some gorgeous babes only like guys with short hair, but others go for the surfie type of guys with the longer hair, it all depends on the kind of girl that you desire in the end, :up:

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keep it short and clean. I would suggest hitting the weights as well. Exercising and going the gym work wonders in ones life. I havent ever had sideburns and it hasnt been a problem for me.

inter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the tips guys, but what I guess it comes down to is a really don't like how I look either way . . . I just wish I had those sharp facial features that most girls go for, but I guess I really can't change that.

I have been working out quite a bit in the last ~6 months, and I would say I have a pretty decent body (a lot more muscle than pic 1, that was pre-gym).

Bump for more advice!

Thanks again