Shoes-What do you like?

goldenrocker91

Don Juan
Reaction score
I got a pair of DCs, a pair of AirMax 90s, and a pair of Jordan 8s. Just dont buy like ****ty stuff and your good. Make sure to keep them clean do. Dont walk around with cooked kicks

Bluesteak

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently started buying Nike 6.0 s. There a skate version of Nike shoes, and they come in a variety of styles and colors

Cassanova_Child

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nike 6.0's are damn nice, as are Nike SB's though just a tad expensive ;). I wear both, but now ive expanded into converse all stars (1 black pair and 1 cream). Some DC is good, but it doesnt suit me.
Suggestion: if you have a few girl friends who you dont wanna do anything naughty to, go shopping with them. they'll give you some good advice about shoes they like. I'd say bring 2-5, and if a majority of them like the shoe on you then go for it.

GO HERE: http://www.flightclubny.com/

as you may have seen, im kinda obsessed with clothes and shoes.... yes i AM guilty of peacocking (wearing colorful vests and scarves too :D)

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, let's see.... I tend to go for more stylish shoes (casual stylish). I absolutely refuse to wear athletic shoes (running,b-ball, etc.) unless I'm going to do something athletic. Personally I get sick of seeing chodes wearing tennis shoes with everything. I have a few pairs of sketchers and they tend to be somewhat trendy/stylish. Naturally I like chucks too (black pair), they tend to work well with just about everything

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro Im in HS now too and I say get Pumas.

I have a pair of pumas now (no laces) but I have gotten lots of compliments (back when they were still very new and white).They look stylish plus they are all-round sort of shoes meaning they could be used for anything.Only downside is they arent very durable.I mean yea Ive used my Pumas for soccer here and there but they get wrecked wayyy too easily unless you take real good care of em BUT I still wear them anyway.

I also have a pair of Shox you can never go wrong with them.Since I live In Vancouver though I thought it was outrageous to pay like 160 for shoes so I just bought them near Seattle in the factory stores for under 100 which Im sure you could find them easily.

lawlzors

Reaction score
I have a pair of Puma Suedes and two pairs of Chucks, one high-top and the other low-top (whatever they're called :p). The suedes are ultra comfortable while the chucks...aren't as much, so I don't wear them unless it matches my clothing better than my suedes.

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
619joe said:
Bro Im in HS now too and I say get Pumas.
Pumas are some slick shoes. I've been meaning to get some for awhile now.

When you say they're not durable, what do you mean exactly? Do they get dirty easily? soles separate from shoe? Elaborate (I've been wanting some so it will be really helpful). What all do you do in the pumas? If I get then they'll be for occasional casual wear, no physical activity or anything like that. Is that all it takes to wreck them?

619joe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ill clarify it a bit.

Pumas generally do not have the greatest tips (very top of the shoe).

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_TCyKN584n6E/SF8hCWYDmMI/AAAAAAAASyQ/Fb2BU7uDV1g/718887090519219845.jpg

^ I used to have a pair almost identical to those and even though I like practically didnt kick the ball with them at all,the area where your big toe is will scratch off.Meaning there will be a small circle of the material that chips off which leaves a brown spot.It doesnt look to great but I still stuck with it.

http://www.regi-shoes.com/images/Image/2007News300/Regi-ShoesNewsPumaArashi300.jpg

^ The top ones are what I have now (except a tad bit different) No laces and their fantastic shoes but the extention from the sole to the front part of the shoe eventually breaks apart.Not to mention the sides go yellow and pretty much impossible to clean if you dont take super care of it.I also managed to rack up a small hole in BOTH pairs right by my pinkie toe.

BUT my foot is generally a wider foot not really meant for Pumas so if your foot is wider,id say stay away from pumas.Also not to mention the fact that I played soccer with them and kicked a ball alot.

So I say still go for it if your foot isnt wide and you will take good care of it.They will end up chipping (if its plastic) somehow without you even knowing but if you take care of it well then its worth it my friend and Ive gotten quite the compliments so do it.

okcomputer989

Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually wear a lot of Lacoste, you'll look fly plus if the girl is shallow she will think better of you

chinwaggler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you guys wear trainers??? no trainer can be stylish or attractive imo. what would you think of a girl wearing trainers. maybe it's diff in america

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
chinwaggler said:
you guys wear trainers??? no trainer can be stylish or attractive imo. what would you think of a girl wearing trainers. maybe it's diff in america
Absolutely NOT!!! The only time I wear athletic shoes is when I'm about to do something athletic. I absolutely HATE seeing all the chodes who think they're "dressed up" when they're wearing a button-down shirt, cargo shorts, and running shoes (new balance, nike shox, you name it):mad:

BlakeW5

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
chinwaggler said:
Absolutely NOT!!! The only time I wear athletic shoes is when I'm about to do something athletic. I absolutely HATE seeing all the chodes who think they're "dressed up" when they're wearing a button-down shirt, cargo shorts, and running shoes (new balance, nike shox, you name it):mad: