she's taller than me...

guitarkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been dating this girl for about a year now. We share a lot of common ground, she paints, I play music, she's completely gorgeous and she's really fun but not loud. I could go on, but basically she's close to perfect for me(I don't know how she could be closer). We're only sixteen but we're in a mutual relationship that's exciting, doesn't involve drugs, alcohol, or sex, we share common goals and most importantly we don't ever really talk about the future, about getting married, or about anything like that. I know a lot of you guys are probably sitting at your computers rolling your eyes (very understandable) but I'd like to put that aside for the moment and address a topic which affects men everywhere.

When I started dating this girl we were both 5'8, now she's 5'9. Both her parents are 5'10 while my parents are under 5'9. Even though it's just an inch or two, it can really get to me. I run about five miles a day and I lift weights, so it's not like I'm a little guy but it's still one of those things that gets to you eventually. My first impulse is to get on here and ask you guys if there's a way to get taller (that's half of it:( ) but the most realistic solution would be to ask you guys for good ways to cope with it. She brings it up every now and then, like when she wants to wear high heels and then she stops and says something like "oh yeah that'd be a bad idea hahaha" It's rather embarassing. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the length

guitarkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
also, I know this should probably be on the high school forum, but due to it's general appeal to all men, I thought it would be more suitable here. Also, I think you guys could help me more.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worrie about it unless she had a larger pen15 than you!!!

mra1200

Don Juan
Reaction score
guitarkid said:
she's completely gorgeous
ok... so where's the problem here?

personally, I dig tall chicks. granted I'm 5' 11" and rarely find many taller than an inch or two taller, but I'm comfortable enough with myself to not worry about a height difference (actually picking them up and getting with them is a whole 'nother story...)

guitarkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
i hear you man, you're totally right

i think i just had a moment of insanity, thanks

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Look at Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.

Cruise is a friggin midget, but his attitude and personality compensated for the difference in height between the two. It's not a big deal unless you make it to be.

Fluffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
You are only 16 you'll most likely get atleast and inch or two before you stop growing if not more. Also parents arent really an indicator of height as my dad is 5'8 and my mum is 5'3 but i managed to pull a 6'3. In contrast to that my friend is 5'9 his dad is 6'2.
Eitherway as everyone else says height is only but a small part of the equation.

Le Parisien

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, maybe it's because you are only 16... But I really don't quite understand your problem.:confused:

Myself being a 5'8"-5'9" guy who digs taller chicks, I would totally understand your frustration if some gorgeous hot 5'9" something chick REJECTED you, not when she IS IN LOVE WITH YOU.

I mean not only you should be happy, but just for the superficial part, you can even be "proud" because of it.

Everytime I'm with a hot taller chick, people around me would have this "how did this average/short guy get with this HB who could be a model" look, it only gives me more credits and respect. Personally I also get a kick out of it...:D

Just look at things this way: would you ever complain that your chick is "hotter" than you and ask about how to become "hotter" so you two can be in the same "league"? Obviously not. You would be simply enjoying the ride and the ego boost from people's jealous/admiring looks...:up:

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're only 16 mate. No worries, you're still growing! Doesn't matter if the chick's a lil taller than you. So what? Just be comfortable with it. And your folks' heights really don't count for anything. I'm taller than both my parents. Besides, your girl isn't exactly complaining. She was just poking a lil fun at you. Loosen up!

[S]alvatore

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been with someone who's 2 inches taller than me for a bit over a year now. The other day I saw a guy 5'7", married to this gorgeous 5'11" woman with 2 kids. As someone else said, it's only an issue if you let it be.

guitarkid

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks guys I really needed that

I haven't ever felt that way so far in a year, I think I just let it get to me because a girl at school mentioned it. When she said it, it didn't bother me at all, but the more I thought about what she said, I started to lose some confidence. You guys are completely right, I don't know what I was thinking.

Embrace

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My homecoming date is quite a bit taller then me. I'm 17, 5'6". I like the example of how short Tom Cruise is.. I doubt he stresses about it.

So I figure whatever, my date is tall and hot... lucky me. I guarentee my buddies will give me sh*t but I wont take it personally. People are allowed to have their input it's just how I take it that matters.

I'm not going to let her wear heels though. :up:

Oh and by the way - she's probably 3 inches taller than me or so.

Whatever, her legs can wrap me up very nice like :p

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a friend who's 5'8-5'9 and he pulls tons of hot chicks. Don't worry about it man.

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
guitarkid said:
thanks guys I really needed that

I haven't ever felt that way so far in a year, I think I just let it get to me because a girl at school mentioned it. When she said it, it didn't bother me at all, but the more I thought about what she said, I started to lose some confidence. You guys are completely right, I don't know what I was thinking.
Glad to hear we could help. I am sure my post was the least help, but with all the flaming going on it is nice to see somthing constructive.

Peace 'n Beatz