She tries to hold eye contact, but can't... IOI?

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've become very interested in one of my classmates. I've noticed kino (initiated on her end), hair flipping, a constant smile and a few other IOIs.

Here is one that seems to be the most prominent though, she can never hold eye contact. Whenever I speak to her I look her in the eyes intently, and she almost always reciprocates for a few seconds until noticeably looking away.

Am I wrong to think this could potentially be a huge IOI? Is it possible that not only does she want to look me in the eyes, but has trouble maintaining her own sense of confidence around me due to attraction?

Or, is her interest not particularly strong?

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anybody? I try to help out and give advice in this community as much as I can. I'd appreciate any feedback!

L.A. Tripp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Overall, yes, it sounds like she is interested in you. If she has a slight smile when she looks away, that's an even bigger sign of attraction. Yes, I would assume it's attraction and run with it.

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
L.A. Tripp said:
If she has a slight smile when she looks away, that's an even bigger sign of attraction.
Really? I think she does do that actually. I'll look for it tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip my friend, I had never heard that one before :up:

U

user43770

You're blowing this out of proportion. It's naturally difficult to hold eye contact with somebody who's staring at you...why don't you ask her out and cut through all of the bs?

tsmith2334

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TyTe`EyEz said:
You're blowing this out of proportion. It's naturally difficult to hold eye contact with somebody who's staring at you...why don't you ask her out and cut through all of the bs?
Maybe. Maybe not. It's been proven that eye contact represents confidence.

I'm not saying she isn't looking me in the eyes. It's actually like she's attempting to but has a hard time doing it.

I have known a few girls in my day who would look me in the eyes and would always hold it for as long as I did. They were always interested but confident at the same time.

I guess the bottom line is that in most cases significant eye contact amounts to interest.

L.A. Tripp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Very true tsmith, solid eye contact does represent confidence. The better the eye contact, 9 times out of 10 mean more confidence. And yes, it's also an IOI which obviously indicates interest.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say she probably likes you.

Ask her for number and hit her up on the weekend. That's the best way to find out. :)

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tsmith2334 said:
Am I wrong to think this could potentially be a huge IOI?
Who cares?

You are man, she is woman. Is she hot? Got get her.

Only a b1tch cares what she thinks. The question is "Do I want her?"

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God damn it stop analyzing her eye contact and looking for IOIs and ASK HER OUT! No one can read a girls mind. You could say "yes she interested and the eye contact shows she is nervous around you" or "it just means she is lacking confidence". We can't know which on it is, it might be neither. Stop looking for subtle cues and just ask her out, that's what a man is supposed to do.

Aragon034

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
SinJester said:
God damn it stop analyzing her eye contact and looking for IOIs and ASK HER OUT! No one can read a girls mind. You could say "yes she interested and the eye contact shows she is nervous around you" or "it just means she is lacking confidence". We can't know which on it is, it might be neither. Stop looking for subtle cues and just ask her out, that's what a man is supposed to do.
:rockon:

Testify! *does crazy evangelist dance*