She says I'm weird and called me a "goober"

AngloAlias

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I've been hooking up with a cute American girl for the past 2 weeks and things have been going pretty well in terms of our rapport and the sex...

I'm just wondering what to make of the fact she's said (in jest) "you're so weird" (and other things to that effect a few times) and also for whatever reason this term 'goober' came up (I'd never heard of it) and she (in jest) said it applied to me.

I'm not really sure if this is a good or bad thing. I'm definitely unconventional in terms of music taste (underground house and techno) and style of speech; plus as an English guy I'm definitely different to what she's used to... I'm just wondering if I should try and tone it down a bit and act more like the guys she's used to, she's kinda weird in the mildly crazy sense I guess..

If anyone could shed light on this goober thing that would be appreciated. Also she's in a sorority, I'm not sure what the reality of sorority girls / frat boys is, but is it significant? A good/bad thing?

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AngloAlias said:
I'm definitely unconventional in terms of music taste (underground house and techno) and style of speech; plus as an English guy I'm definitely different to what she's used to... I'm just wondering if I should try and tone it down a bit and act more like the guys she's used to, she's kinda weird in the mildly crazy sense I guess..
First of all: Techno and house music are the sh!t; don't let anyone else tell you any differently, especially if that's what you love. Have you not been in touch with the music indurstry lately? Dance music and techno are the rule right now, my friend.

Secondly: Being English gives you an advantage over the American men because you're that "foreigner" that is different; it also adds a touch in your favor from psychological because you are seen as rare 9especially of you're charming and got game). Women will start to think all men who are English are that way and the U.S. had bad ones etc.

AngloAlias said:
If anyone could shed light on this goober thing that would be appreciated. Also she's in a sorority, I'm not sure what the reality of sorority girls / frat boys is, but is it significant? A good/bad thing?
Thirdly: Being in a sorority could be two different things. She could trying to make friends and be a nice, normal girl and that would be good. They usually just play games or gossip and things like thator have "girls' night out." You described her as wild though, so that elaves only one option: sorority party girls. These are the girls that get drunk out of their minds and literally have "sober sisters" (nannies) that watch out for them so that the frat boys don't take them home and bone the crap out of them against their will (also known as dumb rape). These gils have underwear parties or provocative themes to get the girls and the guys mingling and that my friend is BAD for you.

Fourthly: Depending on the house frat boys could be normal dudes who are cool or total a$$holes; it is usually the second one. They bang all chicks, game them, (they are either naturals or advanced PUA's) and then toss them away. If your girls is the wild type going to closed raids with frats, she is most likely getting hit on or banged by these guys.

Think about it and ask her to tell you more about it; you could be saving yourself problems. Sounds like you have oneitis; don't focus solely in one girl.

AngloAlias

Don Juan
Reaction score
Robyn923b said:
First of all: Techno and house music are the sh!t; don't let anyone else tell you any differently, especially if that's what you love. Have you not been in touch with the music indurstry lately? Dance music and techno are the rule right now, my friend.

Secondly: Being English gives you an advantage over the American men because you're that "foreigner" that is different; it also adds a touch in your favor from psychological because you are seen as rare 9especially of you're charming and got game). Women will start to think all men who are English are that way and the U.S. had bad ones etc.

Thirdly: Being in a sorority could be two different things. She could trying to make friends and be a nice, normal girl and that would be good. They usually just play games or gossip and things like thator have "girls' night out." You described her as wild though, so that elaves only one option: sorority party girls. These are the girls that get drunk out of their minds and literally have "sober sisters" (nannies) that watch out for them so that the frat boys don't take them home and bone the crap out of them against their will (also known as dumb rape). These gils have underwear parties or provocative themes to get the girls and the guys mingling and that my friend is BAD for you.

Fourthly: Depending on the house frat boys could be normal dudes who are cool or total a$$holes; it is usually the second one. They bang all chicks, game them, (they are either naturals or advanced PUA's) and then toss them away. If your girls is the wild type going to closed raids with frats, she is most likely getting hit on or banged by these guys.

Think about it and ask her to tell you more about it; you could be saving yourself problems. Sounds like you have oneitis; don't focus solely in one girl.
1. Haha I just re-read and realised you were in favour; edited :)

2. I'd thought this but being quaint and English is different to being weird. I guess I'll try and just play it to my advantage.

3. She's from USC, which I gather is a party uni.. Plus she's pretty wild and we hooked up for the first time when both blackout, I guess that should've told me what I needed to know. What you've said makes me wonder if it's even worse than I'd thought though... I'm definitely the only guy she's hooked up with since she's been in London though and she's so cute I think it's worth trying to not think about her history and making the most of her while she's here.. Unless something happens in London.

4. 'Closed raids' - what's that about? I'm gonna ask her to what extent she hangs around with frats or something..

Oneitis; yeah the foreign, American thing is a big appeal for me. I was hooking up with her best friend before she got here, and the same thing happened, got way too fixated on her. It's difficult not to be into her though, she's damn hot, blonde and very cool + chilled. If things continued as they have been I would definitely settle for this girl; provided it doesn't become apparent she's a total slvt.. We shall see.

Chickfight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude who gives a ****, you already hooked up, she's talking to you and joking around with you. What's the problem? Laugh it off. She called you a goober? Nobody says that. Yeah, it's kinda funny. I'd be amused. Don't worry about it and over analyze, just have fun with her.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AngloAlias said:
So I've been hooking up with a cute American girl for the past 2 weeks and things have been going pretty well in terms of our rapport and the sex...
Sounds good. So what's the problem?

I'm just wondering what to make of the fact she's said (in jest) "you're so weird" (and other things to that effect a few times) and also for whatever reason this term 'goober' came up (I'd never heard of it) and she (in jest) said it applied to me.
Oh I see. It's something stupid.

My thoughts on the situation: http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2283585.gif

Problem isn't with her, it's with you mate. You need to chill out and learn to take a (clearly harmless) joke.

I'm just wondering if I should try and tone it down a bit and act more like the guys she's used to, she's kinda weird in the mildly crazy sense I guess..
You want to pretend to be someone else? Like an actor?

Jet

Don Juan
Reaction score
AngloAlias said:

I'm not really sure if this is a good or bad thing. I'm definitely unconventional in terms of music taste (underground house and techno) and style of speech; plus as an English guy I'm definitely different to what she's used to... I'm just wondering if I should try and tone it down a bit and act more like the guys she's used to, she's kinda weird in the mildly crazy sense I guess..

I believe this is what exploded the goober meme. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qak0qvetvPw

AngloAlias

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are so right.. I should just keep enjoying myself, carry on in the same way and keep my jealousy and insecurities to myself... Cause if there's one thing that is gonna make her lose interest it's that.

I appreciate the info on the sorority situation though; also American college seems to involve far more casual no strings sex than is the case in the UK, which is in part why I feel the need to seek advice on here. I don't wanna be getting my head twisted about something she's completely used to and which mean's a lot less over there than is the case in the UK.

Jet said:
I believe this is what exploded the goober meme. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qak0qvetvPw
Wow, seriously bizarre.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AngloAlias said:
1. Haha I just re-read and realised you were in favour; edited :)

2. I'd thought this but being quaint and English is different to being weird. I guess I'll try and just play it to my advantage.

3. She's from USC, which I gather is a party uni.. Plus she's pretty wild and we hooked up for the first time when both blackout, I guess that should've told me what I needed to know. What you've said makes me wonder if it's even worse than I'd thought though... I'm definitely the only guy she's hooked up with since she's been in London though and she's so cute I think it's worth trying to not think about her history and making the most of her while she's here.. Unless something happens in London.

4. 'Closed raids' - what's that about? I'm gonna ask her to what extent she hangs around with frats or something..

Oneitis; yeah the foreign, American thing is a big appeal for me. I was hooking up with her best friend before she got here, and the same thing happened, got way too fixated on her. It's difficult not to be into her though, she's damn hot, blonde and very cool + chilled. If things continued as they have been I would definitely settle for this girl; provided it doesn't become apparent she's a total slvt.. We shall see.

1. Bold = What? I didn't get the "you were in favour" part, hah.

2. There's one thousand and one reasons to think of yourself as not enough for a hottie; your inner game is the strongest possession you have. If you lose that, you will be a chump. Think positively, not negatively; the mindset of something alone can change the reality between a girl sleeping or getting into a relationship with you. If you value yourself she's follow that, if you don't think much of yourself, she'll follow that too!

3.USC! I have been there and it's the sworn enemy of the school I wanna go to, but I'm gonna keep that out of this thread. :rolleyes: You probably know this, but USC is a really expensive school where(not all), but people can just get in because of their money and not their brains. Moving on, most American girls have hook-ups or one-night stands when abroad; this is the reason why most men everywhere like American women: the easiness to get them into bed and do whatever you want with them. Now, I'm not saying there are any good American women out there because I have dated some, but the slvts are sadly more common. If she's cute and you like her then on forward, bro!

It sounds to me like you're getting into this chick too much(and you also admitted it yourself.) You'll make her run if you corner her and ask her to be your girl or tell your feelings or something. Do NOT do that; let her come to youuu. Also I'm confused about where you are and where she is. London?

4. Closed raids are private parties between sororities and frats. What do you think happens when you put a bunch of horny frat boys with game with incredibly attractive women? They obviously drink, party and have fun and the boning goes on later. This girl doesn't sound like someone you should date. I'd just have fun with her and bone her as much as I can while it lasts, but don't get too committed, but hey that's your call.

Lastly, if you hooked up with her friend(who is probably equally hot) and not you're banging this girl you must be doing something right. Do you want her to stick around and have those wonderful curves? STOP trying to get closer to her because it'll only make her run. Learn from the mistake you made with her friend!