she lives far away. driving question

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok the girl i am taking out this weekend lives about 20 miles away from me. Its a good half hour drive. The date is going to be alot closer to my house than hers. Should I ask her to meet me there or should I go ahead and pick her up. I was thinking it would be more DJ to have her meet me there or at least a halfway point. What do you think?

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i was in a similar situation on the last date i went on...

i lived about 40min from the girl. SHE asked ME out. she then offered to pick me up, but i told her that was ridiculus. so, we just made the date at the half way point between us... that's probably what you should have tried to do.

but, in your situation, i would say that you should pick her up since it is the first date and you did ask her out... but, above all, just go with your gut...if she likes you, it won't matter either way.

good luck!

Chaos-Knight

Don Juan
Reaction score
20 miles is nothing,

In my afc days I drove 9 hours to see some chick:eek:
(I had other things to drive there for also not just her)

I like driving but I'd never do long-distance relationships again...

20 miles???
thats not that much really,
but if you had to drive that every time you wana
see her then that's probably a tad bit far,
If she's good then try to meet halfway or
have her drive to you...

my 2 yen~

Legend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
20 miles...dude...c'mon

Lone_raider

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
20 miles is not far at all! Girl I'm dating now lives 30 miles away from me, sometimes we meet halfway, but a lot of the time I go and pick her up.

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
its not so much that. I dont mind driving 20 miles to get her. The problem is that its a 40 mile trip just to get her and then get to the date. So i will put at least 80 miles on my car. I am thinking this may look AFC-ish driving that far for her. What do you think.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can almost promise you that if she thinks ANYTHING of it, she will be flattered...

The exception to this would be if you act AFC for the rest of the date in which case she will think that you were driving that way to get in her good books...

Which brings me to the post that I'm going to write next...

Think about it this way, women are NOT all that different from Men... if a woman came and asked you on a date, then drove 80miles to pick you up so that she could hopefully land you in the sack to never call again, you might do it once or twice (or a lot more, I dunno we ARE MEN after all), but if this continued for long enough you would start to feel used and uncared for by this woman, and would eventually dump her.

(The difference for men and women in this case is only that a woman must feel cared about on some level BEFORE she will have sex, whereas a man won't initially care, but once he sees that he isn't cared for, that he is just a piece of meat, he will start to not want anything to do with this woman, and will look for her replacement (cause you never wanna give up puzzy untill you have replacement puzzy :D))

Sexy_Malibu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
30 min isn't too bad. Last guy that drove out to see me drove over an hour... of course, I am worth it. ha ha ha... Also, he didn't pick me up and then turn back around... we stayed around here. If we were going to hang out there I'd probably go to him, or we'd meet in the city or something.

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A girl that wants me to come to her now lives 7 hour drive away.... or a 1 hour flight... Sucks. Glad I have others here.

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
30 minutes is not horrible but its not great either

why cant she drive to your place?

if its just a booty call than meeting half way is fine

Hitman10000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Think about this for a minute: How would you approach this situation if you were asked a dude friend to hang out with you?