She flirted heavily, but rejected me

wizard28

Banned
Reaction score
I dont get it. this girl always went out of her way to talk to me, flirted with me, asked me what my mother thought of her future daughter-in-law, said I was her favorite guy at work, joked around about us in a relationship, etc etc. I asked for her phone number, and she said "what?" then "no" in a surprised, caught off-guard kind of way. My question... what the hell happened?? she genuinely seemed interested in me. I've never felt this way about anyone before, and I'm really pissed about this. I feel almost betrayed.

wizard28

Banned
Reaction score
the funny thing is, she flirts with me just as much now as she did before I asked for her phone number. do you think maybe she said no to create some tension but really was interested? because if this girl wasn't interested, she wouldn't have done half the things she did. she only flirts like this with me, it's not like she does this with other guys.

wizard28

Banned
Reaction score
what the hell are you talking about? I asked for her phone number, she said no. that's not rejection? eat me buddy

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wizard28
what the hell are you talking about? I asked for her phone number, she said no. that's not rejection? eat me buddy
Apparently you need to go read the DJ bible; if you had you would know know that you shouldn't take everything a woman says literally nor should you always take everything she does personally.

wizard28

Banned
Reaction score
okay, but you're not getting it. if she was interested, she WOULD have given me her number. WHY wouldn't she? Her ACTIONS told me she would, but she didn't.

TheCarGuyA4

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man maybe she just doesn't like giving guys her number, try just asking her out instead of her number...and for futue reference, when someone is taking the time to give you advice...don't tell them to eat you.

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dont say Ive never felt this way about anyone...thats B.S talk. Love is Conditional - Go read the Quick Tip.
AND now...
Try asking for her number again, if she says "no" again , ask her why not? Then let me know what she says...

wizard28

Banned
Reaction score
try just asking her out instead of her number

that's probably what I should have done... but I didn't. she probly wouldnt have rejected that. oh well, nothin I can do about it now

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wizard28
okay, but you're not getting it. if she was interested, she WOULD have given me her number. WHY wouldn't she? Her ACTIONS told me she would, but she didn't.
Like I said, for any number of reasons that probably arn't against you. She could live with her parents and shy of boys calling, or she was PMSing and didn't want people to talk to her outside of work...

I am not saying these are the reasons, but they could be.

wizard28

Banned
Reaction score
well lately I've been ignoring her. I mean, she'll say hi to me, and I will completely ignore her. I don't want to give my power away to her. cuz she will think "wow he's really upset over this"... but I dont wanna be with anyone else. cant stop thinkin about her.

skinnydart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just ask her out dude. If she's at your work, u don't have to make it an official date at least for the first time. I find that lunches are great with people at work. Just say "Hey, Krissa, I'm heading over to Quizno's, why don't you come along" then if things go well you can suggest dinner or something more "date" like.

wizard28

Banned
Reaction score
I know, but she already said "no" to her number. so I'm taking that as a hint she isn't interested. I dunno what to do. I'd look like a dumbass asking her a second time