She breaks up with her bf

Jizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
So a girl you know, is dumped by her bf (i think he dumped her, dont know full details yet), how do you act?

Anything ****y/funny to say when she tells you or if she brings it up?

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gosh when will everyone learn,DONT TALK TO THEM ABOUT THEIR BF OR PAST BFS. If she mentions it just say "Whoa whoa little lady,I dont want to hear about it. If you would have gone out with me in the first place like you wanted to then none of that would have happened." Then smile gently. I ALWAYS CATCH THEM OFFGAURD,THE RESULTS HAVE BEEN GREAT.

rascal

Don Juan
Reaction score
actually this is the one time i would'nt recommend c&f. At this point in her life, the girl wants someone that is always 180 degrees from her bf. Who was probably a natural c&f (why else would he dump her).

I actually recommend being a "nice" guy. Its ironic since i think any guy that messes with a rebounding girl is a douche and not a "nice" guy.

and for God's sake don't say something c&f like "What can't hold a guy?".

zerocelcius

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you go by jizz?

Tomatoes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice guy approch is not the best move. Friend terriorty

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One phrase

"Damn, that's messed up"

Learn it. Use it. Love it

That should be the answer to anything you say.

Of course, only listen for so long, because you don't want to be come a tampoon, but it's no way you are going to go from not fu ckign to ****ing and she just broke up with her ex without having to endure this

also keep in mind, whatever she tells you is her side of the story.

I used to feel so bad for my old oneitis because of the stuff she used to tell me about her ex. She played me like a fiddle. I never put two and two together.. I knew she had probelms, and the fact that her BF never did anything right and was a horrible BF.. for 3 and a half years :rolleyes:

midnight

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think these posts have just save me big on my car insurance er I mean girl problems

Jizz

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i just spoke to her quickly on msn!

She said she hadnt had a good week, so i asked why, what happend, if she wanted to talk about it, she told me she had broke up with her bf, and that her nan died last night!

I replied "Damn, thats messed up, not a good week at all, im sorry to hear about your nan"

she said a lil about her nan, then i said, well look on the brightside, you have trip to disneyland coming up i hear (her friend told me this) and then i mentioned something about her picture on msn!

she said, its the only thing getting her through this week (her holiday) and then she told me she hadnt mentioned anything about her nan to her friends who i know and so could i not say anything to them!

i said sure of course, and then i said i had to go and to have a good holiday if i dont speak to her before!

i was kinda shocked that she told me about her nan before her best friends! anyone know any possible reasons for this?

did i handle it well, the nan thing kinda shocked me so i had to be kinda nice! but i didnt bring up anything about her bf!

on a side note, she knows i dont see her as just a friend, ive made it clear to her in the past!

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jizz
i was kinda shocked that she told me about her nan before her best friends! anyone know any possible reasons for this?
It means that you are one step closer to becoming her emotional tampon. What do you think you are special?? lol . I have been there and you are putting yourself in that position.

In times like this you don't want her to think of you as the guy that will be there for her or cheer her up when she is down because she will associate you with her negative feelings. You want her to think of you sexually and not a fat huggable teddy bear.

When she starts feeling a bit better about it maybe in a couple of weeks you give her a call and tell her you are taking her out to a fun place because you tell her "you need it"( of coarse you will be sarging other women before hand and not wait for her). You take her to a bar and have a few drinks with her and pop a few jokes. Then you make a move on her. You might become her rebound (which means it will be short term) or you might become more. If she rejects you then move on, but stop analysing every little thing she says because its what she does that counts.

DjDamage

knighted1

Reaction score
what's a nan?

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJDamage
It means that you are one step closer to becoming her emotional tampon. What do you think you are special?? lol . I have been there and you are putting yourself in that position.

In times like this you don't want her to think of you as the guy that will be there for her or cheer her up when she is down because she will associate you with her negative feelings. You want her to think of you sexually and not a fat huggable teddy bear

Sorry Jizz, but what DJ Damage said is absolutely spot on!

I used to make this mistake too and feel honoured to have women confide in me, but I would ALWAYS end up in the friendzone being taken for granted.

If a girl (I'm interested in) wants to vent her problems, I'll politely say something like "No offence, but I'm not a good person to talk to about this. I can't even cope with my own problems".

In one case I said this to a girl, so she turned to my friend and laid all her problems on him. He was there for her whenever she called and was willing to listen. He felt honoured and thought he was in there, but she later told him he was too sweet and too good a friend to ever date and she'd hate to risk it. He was trapped in the friendzone. Soon after, me and this girl ended up making out in a club and we went on a few dates.

Basically, if you act like a friend, she will see you as a friend. If you act like a potential lover, she will see you as a potential lover!

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Knighted1,

I think he meant to say ..."man".

flexion_

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jizz said:
So a girl you know, is dumped by her bf (i think he dumped her, dont know full details yet), how do you act?

Anything ****y/funny to say when she tells you or if she brings it up?
Act the same way you would if her BF didn't dump her. You don't change who you are for her - you are a great guy to be around and her problems are her problems.

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
rascal said:
actually this is the one time i would'nt recommend c&f. At this point in her life, the girl wants someone that is always 180 degrees from her bf. Who was probably a natural c&f (why else would he dump her).

I actually recommend being a "nice" guy. Its ironic since i think any guy that messes with a rebounding girl is a douche and not a "nice" guy.

and for God's sake don't say something c&f like "What can't hold a guy?".
Wow, this thread caught my attention somehow...gee, i wonder what was so appealing about it.(sarcasm)

ahhh, that whole time i thought i was being a nice guy i was actually a douche! wow!:up:

Holland

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Act like they don't exist. And if they do bring it up themselves, comment on it and then ignore it. It's about the interaction between the two of you, not the relationship between her en and her (ex)boyfriend.