shared saving account with gf????

loser2

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently got my first seriuos job with ok income. Since then my gf keeps telling me to put aside a few hundreds dollars each month in a shared saving account or a safe as a saving fund for our future. Now, we are not married and I don't intend to get married anytime soon. So I don't know if I should listen to my gf. We have had fights over this when I kinda rejected her idea. but then she got so pissed so I would just tell her ok I would do it in order to weather the storm.

Do you guys do it? Somehow I feel like I will be laughed at by other guys if I do it. I tell my gf that it is not like we are married, but she gets mad all the time when I say that. She said that her sis's bf always gives her sis a portion of his salary (which is very low btw) and my gf thinks that is how a guy shows how committed he is...

I need advice. Thanks!

honeyshark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
!!!Do not have a shared accout!!!

Why set yourself up for disaster? Don't bring up the idea like it's a question of commitment, just say that you would prefer to be independent or something like that and feel that in this age women should have their own savings to capitalize on the feminist movement or whatever, just don't share an account.

Peace.

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That does sound like a set up for a disaster. I've heard some horror stories too. Doesn't she have a job? I don't think there's any reason for you to set up a shared account with her.

Wubbman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously, don't do it! She will fvck you in the end. You shouldn't share a savings account with anyone, save your parents and your spouse (not your gf).

loser2

Don Juan
Reaction score
no she doesn't have a job. she still in school.

Originally posted by Life-Trainee
That does sound like a set up for a disaster. I've heard some horror stories too. Doesn't she have a job? I don't think there's any reason for you to set up a shared account with her.

TremblingBluStar

Reaction score
How long have you two been together?

If you are still in high school, it's way too early to be talking about the future, or even marriage. Since you don't sound sure whether you ever intend to marry the girl, I wouldn't share money with her.

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DON'T DO IT!!!

the fact that she's pushing you on it is a red flag anyway. let me see, YOU will be putting money in this SHARED account? boy, that sounds fair.

think ahead--you are going to lose. besides, the fact that she's pushing you on it is a great reason NOT to do it. why don't u just chop your own nvts off and hand them to her.

don't "kinda reject it". reject it out of hand. this is an unreasonable request on her part. tell her flat out, "shared accounts are for married couples..."

u wanna get under her skin? tell her with a little smirk, "i'm saving for a boat..."

DON'T DO IT!!!

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
she's gonna rob you blind.

Not only should you refuse to share an account, but you should run for the hills and leave her alone.

Seriously.

The fsct that she doesn't even have an income and wants you to share yours with her is a huge red flag.

holy sh!t I'm laughing too hard to type this right now lol.

The nerve of some stupid fvcking girls.

I could understand if you were engaged, and you both had your own accounts, and every monht you'd each put in a couple hundred bucks. That's fine.

If any money is put in by either person, that amount should be even. If she can only afford to put 50 bucks this month, then you do the same. That way, if there is a breakup, 50/50 is exactly what you put into it. don't give anymore than what she does.

Disaster will ensue, if you aren't careful

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You said you don't want to be married.

Don't get a joint account unless your engaged or married.

What is she giving to you?

She wants your money......

If she truly wants you to save your money - then open a savings account for yourself - in your name.

Your probably already paying for the majority of the stuff you do together - so don't be a pvssy and give her EVERYTHING - whats next? she'll want your balls over the mantle piece.

Another thing.

but then she got so pissed so I would just tell her ok I would do it in order to weather the storm.

NEVER and I mean NEVER give in just to weather the storm.

There certainly are times when you must comprimise - but let's be honest here - you don't want to open a joint account. You know deep down this is wrong and you will be unhappy and resentfull towards her.

So don't give in - this is what AFC's do.

Tell her the fvcking truth - and if she doesn't respect your thoughts or reasons fvck her.

She's already trying to establish dominence over you - and leading you by a rope. Your the man - don't take this sh#t.

She's the one that needs you.

The_King

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to get the mesage through...

NO...

so- Save the hassle in the long run and save your cash.

What right does she have to your hard money?

What you going to do, when you find out she has blown nearly all of it? leave her? well, in that case you might as well leave her now

or

Do not have a shared bank account

elvis aint dead yet

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you two were married or getting married within the next year, it still depends.

Depends on you and her and your circumstances.

Being this is your first "real" decent paying job. Why the hell would you give your money to somebody else?

Being she doesn't even work, why the hell would you even consider what she says?

If she were putting 100 bucks in per month and you were putting 100 bucks in per month, it would be different. But again, you two aren't married and you aren't planning on getting married. Why even attempt it.

Sounds like a gold-digger to me. Even though you might not have much money, if she's young, she seems to be starting off down that path.

Any girl that expects a guy to give them money in this day and age, well, I'd push them off a cliff.

Girls want equal rights and all this FEMALE POWER crap, well, tell her to put the money where her mouth is. It's 2004, men aren't suppose to pay for women anymore. They wanted it like that.

Honestly, I'd dump her.

If she acts like this now, when she doenst even have an income and you two are young, just imagine when you start making more money and if she ever gets a job. It'll be your money for all the bills and expenses and her money for her shoes and clothes.

I'd say dump this girl NOW.

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supose she works and you dont, can you imagine yourself asking her to make a shared acount? You wouldnt have the nerve, neither any normal guy, only if he wants her $ and not her!!

I cant believe the nerve of some girls, they make **** tests like this, and then if guys dont comply they get all mad and pissed, but deep inside, they know they are testing you. Now what are you gona do about this test? Be a man and confront her with something she doesnt like as she did to you, or be a chump?

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
don't do it man ... DON'T DO IT ! Hasn't histroy thaught you a thing yet ???

Reaction score
1. You need a new and more positive screen name. This one reminds me of those other types who name themselves after animals like rat or pig or something else wierd.

2. Yeah get a shared account aslong as it's HER fawking money that goes into it and none of yours.

3. Your woman sounds like a gold digging ho. Straight up. She is worried about HER future and how she is going to develop YOUR potential so she can ride YOUR coat tails in life.

4. She would make a good prostitute...cause she knows how to get money out of a man or is at least willing to try. Forget that nice girl stuff or even the freak who only wants sex...you got a straight up HO.

JSH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, as the others have said it seems like she is gold digging, if she is really bothered about you saving, open one up that she has no access to and prove to her you are saving, but that it is YOUR MONEY.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"Honey, I *had* to get that 52" plasma TV that was on sale for only 5999 at Best Buy! It looks great in my NEW boyfriend's living room! Sorry, chump, been nice knowing ya!"

Sound familiar?

Open a shared savings account. It will.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Without reading anything but the title of the thread:

NO!

NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading your post, the fact that it was HER idea makes it even SICKER! Jesus, dude...what right does she have to YOUR money?? You're not married, you're not engaged, you don't even INTEND to be married. What are you putting money away for???

I mean, maybe she doesn't mean to be a greedy, selfish wh0re...maybe she just saw her sister with her chump boyfriend and thought that was a natural thing for guys to do. But either way, it's a f'ed up idea. What right does she have to put HER name on YOUR hard-earned money? You're probably already taking her out here and there and buying her gifts. If that, in this stage of the relationship, isn't enough for her, then you've got a problem on your hands, and it's only gonna get worse.

And the fact that she had the NERVE to get ANGRY when you "kinda rejected" her idea...she tried to intimidate YOU into giving her MONEY. Elementary school bullies do that, worthwhile women do NOT.

And you CAVED to it. You said, "OK baby, I'll split my savings with you even though we'll probably never get married. Just don't get mad, please!"

I suggest you take a good long look in your pants, see if you've still got some balls rolling around in there, grab them, and put this piece-of-work of yours in her place. And if she gets angry again, you tell her you don't think you should see each other any more.

I think if a girl ever asked me this with ANY seriousness, my response, literally, would be "F**K YOU." I'd say it with a grin on my face in case she was kidding, but believe me, it'd be dead-serious.