Setting up a private lounge, who would be interested?

abbas

Don Juan
Reaction score
There has been a lot of talk about this forum beeing too newbie-influated and I completely agree with the fact that KJ:s have taken over this board completely.

Since Allen probably won't separate the newbies from the others by making a newbie forum, I am considering setting up somekind of private forum/lounge. However this depends if there is a need for such a forum.

The meaning of such a forum would NOT be to make it a Mystery-style Lounge where they state they want you to have gone to a seminar of somekind before granted entry. If anyone want that kind of exclusivity they can apply for Mystery's Lounge itself.

The kind of private lounge I am talking about would firstly be set up to separate the absolute newbie-KJ:s poisoning this forum, from the rest of us.

One thing that could be done would be to invite everyone who has been registered for at least a year, and have a decent post history (just a quick check-up would do).

How does that sound, how many are interested?

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
count me in.

Sophomakhos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Er, this sounds fine, but I notice that you yourself only have 28 posts. I suppose then that you won't be allowed to access this private lounge of yours?

h2o

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sophomakhos
Er, this sounds fine, but I notice that you yourself only have 28 posts. I suppose then that you won't be allowed to access this private lounge of yours?
i was about to leave when i noticed your idiotic post.

he's been here since 2003. that's what, almost 3 years? and you care that he only has 28 posts?

maybe he has so little posts because he's actually in the field and getting experience. unlike yourself who have been here less than a month and are already posting up a storm.

don't get me wrong, when i first came here, i posted too much too, especially too much bullsh!t. but i also didn't expect to be part of good posters. know your place dude.

no offense, but that was just lame.

abbas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sophomakhos
Do you think it would have been a hard task for me to write 3 ****ty post per day and thereby be up to over 1000 posts by now?

I am not a Keyboard Jockey.

Swoop

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I like the idea, even though I'm not qualify at the moment. But it would be even nice if the private lounge cannot be view except by the members themselves that way we can protect our identity better when posting field reports.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol

it's funny that only the n00bs want to sign up

abbas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Swoop
I like the idea, even though I'm not qualify at the moment. But it would be even nice if the private lounge cannot be view except by the members themselves that way we can protect our identity better when posting field reports.
Very good idea. I think this is the reason why there is a higher percentage FR's in Mystery's Lounge.

The Bad Ass Canadian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd be interested in this, but I'm not much of a PUA hence i don't feel the need to post FR's .... I'm more about being the total package.

I'm not sure wether anyone around here finds my advice useful, but if you do... hell, sign me up. I've started to loathe this place, because there's so much B.S. floating around.

abbas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The Bad Ass Canadian
I'd be interested in this, but I'm not much of a PUA hence i don't feel the need to post FR's .... I'm more about being the total package.

I'm not sure wether anyone around here finds my advice useful, but if you do... hell, sign me up. I've started to loathe this place, because there's so much B.S. floating around.
You are welcome. I´ll send you a PM when the forum is up. Same for you h2o.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in as long as the place doesn't get overrun by friggin n00bs.

abbas

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
I'm in as long as the place doesn't get overrun by friggin n00bs.
The whole work I am putting into this is meant to get us a forum which won't be overrun by noobs, and I am willing to put some effort into this.

Like the guy who wrote the reply just above yours...he got registered a few hours ago and have already made 8 replying posts (none of them better than the one he gave in this thread). That's what I want to leave.

Glad to see you're in. Expect a PM soon.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are serious about this, I'm more than willing to help. Send me a pm if you need a hand with anything.

DaKidS3

Don Juan
Reaction score
The forum should be public, but the new people should not be allowed to post.