**Serious Question** What are the chances of getting STDs

BannedGod

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now, I want to know, if you take some precautions, like wearing a condom, making sure the girls you end up with aren't total *****bags, making sure none of you have any open cuts or anything (nor history of Herpes), cleaning up heavily after, etc etc, what are the real chances of contracting an STD if you are the kind of guy that sleeps with multiple chicks? I've never found any stats or information that seems reliable on this, all I keep finding is Christian stuff praising chastity and according to them, simply kissing a girl will give you all imaginable STDs (you see the point).

So yea any of you guys have any real idea (stats/studies) of the chances of getting STDs in the conditions I named?

scarface316

Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting an STD is like standing on a dartboard and getting hit by luck... But you can tell if a girl gets around a lot.. And if so, chances are, she has an STD or two....

As long as you wrap up, your chances of getting one will lower but it doesn't mean you can't get crabs... Its all about trusting that other person man.

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Afraidtoask.com might have the information you are looking for in a more indepth manner but anyway you can still get STD's even while wearing a condom as whatever exposed part of your nether regions makes contact with infected flesh like say of the herpes variety you are screwed but usually only when the chick is having an outbreak.

KingPinp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ignore the above posts

The sad facts are that something like 1/4 girls have herpes in America. i think its 1/8 for genital. I am excluding all the other STDs just to make a point. If you wear a condom, that protects you to some extent, but you can still catch it because it doesn't have to infect the head of your penis. the virus is highly contagious. So if she is having an outbreak, and you **** her, you are likely to get it.

Having said that, other then HIV, and herpes, most of the other **** is treatable if you get to it quickly. And herpes is really just a bad rash that goes away in most people.

I recommend concentrating on quality women and minimizing the Russian roulette.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, chances are low if you're using a condom and aren't a drug addict and covered in open sores.

That said, some STDs (like HPV) can be transmitted with or without a condom. The good news is that most STDs are easily treatable. The one that isn't (HIV) is also probably the hardest to get.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know how to compute statistics for bacterial diseases and there are some you definitely do not want. However, as far as HIV goes, the odds are very low. You can never be totally safe. If you're worried about HIV from sex with a condom, better stop driving and shower with a helmet on, too. I've had unprotected sex with at least half of the women I've been with, and only had a minor bacteria. Took some pills, no worse than having to take pills for a sore throat or anything else outside of the social stigma.

"proper use of latex condoms provides against HIV transmission is most evident from studies of couples in which one member is infected with HIV and the other is not, i.e., "discordant couples." In a study of discordant couples in Europe, among 123 couples who reported consistent condom use, none of the uninfected partners became infected. In contrast, among the 122 couples who used condoms inconsistently, 12 of the uninfected partners became infected." From http://www.thebody.com/content/art17057.html

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Out of curiousity, if a man shaves down there does that decrease or increase his chances of getting an STD?

btw this is my second energy drink tonight (pulling an all-nighter to write a couple of papers. If you don't hear from me again, my heart just exploded)

comic_relief