Sees no future in dating

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My outlook is really bleak. I feel like I have been subliminally tortured by girls since college, and I guess I haven't got entirely over it. I struggle making that transition into a 24-year old and to actually trust and be intimate. People talk on this site about the opposite sex being shallow- be it looks, c**k size, whatever- and that only furthers my doubts.

It also affects my sleep and concentration, and maybe I project a low self-esteem when I am in public. It sometimes makes me angry.

Mr.Positive

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sam, remember two things...

Don't stress or worry about anything, that you can not control.

Also, women can't hurt you. You'll read all sorts of 'woe is me' threads on here, however most guys get over it quickly.

Only you can let women hurt you.

Keep a simple mindset here, it's good sometimes. Focus on the basics. Lift heavy weight in the gym. It's good for your test levels. Allow the good gals in your life, use this site to learn how to ditch the bad ones.

Learn, enjoy life, and grow. It all gets better with age. Trust me.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I will admit I have not been in the dating scene for a very long time, perhaps I am bitter and weary from the past that I previously mentioned. Its the intimate level I struggle at when it comes to women. When I see other people in public happy and/or in relationships I feel I am being subliminally mocked. Wouldn't know how to approach in public and I am not very good in clubs either.

Diaforetikos

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Practice. Get dirty, make mistakes, fail a lot, then get better. It's the only way.

Your a man, so act like one. I do understand what you mean, but I also understand that being sad and mopy won't get the results you're looking for.

Keep your head up and do what it takes.

sambwoy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sambwoy said:
I will admit I have not been in the dating scene for a very long time, perhaps I am bitter and weary from the past that I previously mentioned
That point I wanted to add is at the heart of the problem. I was not fully prepared for what life was going to throw at me when I was younger and I ended up getting hurt- that in later life led to feelings of self-hate and aggression.

Not very good at recognising when a woman is interested- don't know whether people see me miserable because I live a loveless, sexless life and use that to base their impression of me (maybe I'm miserable because I hate life or other people get me down). I naturally assume perhaps that I'm no women's type- I was never complimented by my personality that my parents hype up about being so great. I don't like people kissing or being happy in public, like they don't know what it feels like being lonely.

P

perseverance

Everyone gets hurt at some point, everyone suffers humiliation, life isn't easy, only the strongest pull through it. In your life there will be low points and high points, embrace all of those points and when you see the ship starting to stray off course, then take control and steer that ship back on course.

Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to solve anything mate. You need to focus on the bigger picture and that's their is far more to life than just women. I'm not saying don't bother with women, but understand that not all men are going to be great with women. I'm not great with women, I'm experienced enough to know that whilst sex is great, being airborne is far greater. I'm experienced enough to know that is a human urge to want to companionship, to want someone to love, have sex with, etc, it's ingrained in our human genetics. It's what we are born to do, it's our main purpose in life. Yet, that urge should never dictate your entire existence, that urge should never put you in harms way, if it does then stand back, pick up the pieces and start all over again.

Never be frightened to fail, for it is a better to try and fail then to never try at all. Also not every woman is bad, there are a lot of great women out there, some of whom who go through the same struggle as you, to find someone decent to be with. That's just life mate, just roll with the punches and try and not obsess with things that you cannot control. Remember you can control a change of events or the things around you, but you can control how you react to these changes.

You're not in a good way at the moment and you need to pull yourself over the parapet and march onwards. You're only young at the moment and seven years ago, when I was your age I felt the same way as you do now, but fast forward six years, I am different person - never let anyone define who you are, you should know who you are, you should be able to define who you are.

Self-improvement is always necessary, when we strive to become better people, we become naturally more assured and that generates a higher level of self-esteem which in turn gives us a higher level of confidence. Humans are at their happiest when they are confident. People are naturally drawn to confidence people. Confidence is not the be and end all of problems with humans, but it's a start.

What I would advise you to do is sit down with a notepad and a pencil, split your page into two sections.

Label one half of the paper, "strengths" and then label the other half of the paper "weakness".

Jot down what you believe your strengths are, i.e are you in good physical shape, are you a considerate, well-mannered person etc and then write your weaknesses down i.e. bitter, lonely, lacking confidence.

When you have done that, focus on your weaknesses and start to try and improve on them. If you don't have a satisfactory social life, then work on it, you must have friends, so try and see them more often. If you lack any hobbies, then search for a hobby that might be of interest you. Just do that, it's not the end of your problems, but at least you'll be putting effort in to try and change your situation. Understand that a change in person is an ardous task and it isn't easy, you might not see instant results, but don't let that dishearten you. Every human has a great amount of potential, it is down to you to achieve that potential. The better quality of person you are, the better quality of person you'll attract, that's as true of friends as it is of women. If you are a jerk with deep-seated emotional issues, then you will draw in the same type of person both in terms of male friends and in terms of women. If you are a decent person with a healthy attitude and mindset you'll attract people in the same boat as you.

MisterD

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Negativity breeds more negativity. That's just the way it is, people, women in particular, are great at picking up on moods. No one wants to be with the negative loner.

That's why when you get pu$$y, it leads to more pu$$y, and no pu$$y continues to breed no pu$$y.

You have to find joy in the other areas of your life that do make you happy. Hobbies, interests, etc. Forget women, they'll come around soon enough.

Focus on you and what makes you happy as a person. Women will sense that energy and gravitate towards you.

JohnChops

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No more keyboard jockeying . Action is the place.
Diaforetikos said:
Practice. Get dirty, make mistakes, fail a lot, then get better. It's the only way.

Your a man, so act like one. I do understand what you mean, but I also understand that being sad and mopy won't get the results you're looking for.

Keep your head up and do what it takes.

Well said man, just go out and do it! Have some fun and relax :p

Nik TPT

Don Juan
Reaction score
Simply said, get over it. The more you dwell on it the worse it'll become and the more depressed you'll become.

runner83

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
perseverance said:
Everyone gets hurt at some point, everyone suffers humiliation, life isn't easy, only the strongest pull through it. In your life there will be low points and high points, embrace all of those points and when you see the ship starting to stray off course, then take control and steer that ship back on course.

Sitting around feeling sorry for yourself isn't going to solve anything mate. You need to focus on the bigger picture and that's their is far more to life than just women. I'm not saying don't bother with women, but understand that not all men are going to be great with women. I'm not great with women, I'm experienced enough to know that whilst sex is great, being airborne is far greater. I'm experienced enough to know that is a human urge to want to companionship, to want someone to love, have sex with, etc, it's ingrained in our human genetics. It's what we are born to do, it's our main purpose in life. Yet, that urge should never dictate your entire existence, that urge should never put you in harms way, if it does then stand back, pick up the pieces and start all over again.

Never be frightened to fail, for it is a better to try and fail then to never try at all. Also not every woman is bad, there are a lot of great women out there, some of whom who go through the same struggle as you, to find someone decent to be with. That's just life mate, just roll with the punches and try and not obsess with things that you cannot control. Remember you can control a change of events or the things around you, but you can control how you react to these changes.

You're not in a good way at the moment and you need to pull yourself over the parapet and march onwards. You're only young at the moment and seven years ago, when I was your age I felt the same way as you do now, but fast forward six years, I am different person - never let anyone define who you are, you should know who you are, you should be able to define who you are.

Self-improvement is always necessary, when we strive to become better people, we become naturally more assured and that generates a higher level of self-esteem which in turn gives us a higher level of confidence. Humans are at their happiest when they are confident. People are naturally drawn to confidence people. Confidence is not the be and end all of problems with humans, but it's a start.

What I would advise you to do is sit down with a notepad and a pencil, split your page into two sections.

Label one half of the paper, "strengths" and then label the other half of the paper "weakness".

Jot down what you believe your strengths are, i.e are you in good physical shape, are you a considerate, well-mannered person etc and then write your weaknesses down i.e. bitter, lonely, lacking confidence.

When you have done that, focus on your weaknesses and start to try and improve on them. If you don't have a satisfactory social life, then work on it, you must have friends, so try and see them more often. If you lack any hobbies, then search for a hobby that might be of interest you. Just do that, it's not the end of your problems, but at least you'll be putting effort in to try and change your situation. Understand that a change in person is an ardous task and it isn't easy, you might not see instant results, but don't let that dishearten you. Every human has a great amount of potential, it is down to you to achieve that potential. The better quality of person you are, the better quality of person you'll attract, that's as true of friends as it is of women. If you are a jerk with deep-seated emotional issues, then you will draw in the same type of person both in terms of male friends and in terms of women. If you are a decent person with a healthy attitude and mindset you'll attract people in the same boat as you.
Repped for great advice.

OP, you can whinge and moan all you like, but there is only one way out of it.

By getting out there, living your life and doing all you can to improve.

You'll pick up some girl in a club or bang some girl who has a boyfriend, and your confidence will snowball and it will be all uphill from there.

Or you can stay here p!ssing and moaning and changing nothing.

Your choice!.

blindnowisee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lots of posts and undoubtedly a lot of good info in here but it all boils down to this:

The only reality you have is the present - forget about the past and the future for it is not important. You can decide who you want to be now by just doing it.. forget about past experiences..

So what if you got spanked at home? Kicked in the head.. Didn't receive any love at home or whatever your bagage is.. we all carry bagage.. it's how you react, adapt and prevail in the present as that is the only thing that really matters and what will ultimately define you as a person. If you keep telling yourself you're scarred because of XYZ that happened in the present.. guess what.. you're reliving the past in the present and why would you? The first time around it was rubbish so why do it all over again?

loveorlust

Don Juan
Reaction score
sambwoy said:
My outlook is really bleak. I feel like I have been subliminally tortured by girls since college, and I guess I haven't got entirely over it. I struggle making that transition into a 24-year old and to actually trust and be intimate. People talk on this site about the opposite sex being shallow- be it looks, c**k size, whatever- and that only furthers my doubts.

It also affects my sleep and concentration, and maybe I project a low self-esteem when I am in public. It sometimes makes me angry.
Hey man, I know where you're coming from. Don't let that sh@t get you down. Slowly start working on your self confidence, start doing things you're good at, acknowledge your successes and don't be so hard on yourself when things look bleek. On other side of failer, it a brighter day. Also, start using affirmations and showing your support to others like what I am doing with you. It will make you feel better about yourself and women like men who feel good about themselves. Lastly, start talking to women. They may not respond to you like you want the, to at first, but with time you'll get better at it.

Good luck bro, I think you'll be alright :)