Second date issue

dbx

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I'm trying to arrange a second date with a girl I went out with on Wednesday. She say's she's a little busy this weekend, but says "it'd be nice to see me" and can meet between 1 and 4/5 on Sunday for "coffee or something".

I don't know whether it's best to meet then or try arrange another night date later in the week when she's not so busy.

There's a football game on that I want to watch on Sunday that starts at 4 and there is a game she may want to watch at about 1. Should I offer to watch the game with her at the pub? Offer lunch? Or arrange for another time?

Any suggestions?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
It sounds wishy washy. If the first date went well she should text to thank you afterward, not be really busy. And if she's planning dates for Sunday afternoon, forget it. Go MIA until she asks you out via text.

dbx

Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually knew she had some plans this weekend before asking her out, so she didn't suddenly make it up. I'm just wondering whether a sunday afternoon date with a definite end time is a good idea...

stickman21

Don Juan
Reaction score
In general I think it's a bad idea to try to make plans with a woman if you know she is busy that weekend... It puts you in a position for her to turn you down.

For example, I was trying to setup a date a week ago for a Friday night and she let me know that she would be traveling for work that Saturday but said she might be able to meet up Friday night if she got all of her errands done. I declined and instead suggested that we meetup when she got back from her trip, which we did.

I would suggest that you take control of the situation and suggest another time to get together. Something along the lines of "hey, I would defn be up for getting together Sunday if I didn't have plans with my friends to grab some drinks and watch the game, let's get together next Thursday night"