Saying happy birthday: An AFC Move?

antidonjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Is saying "happy birthday" to a pretty girl an AFC move or a warm statement?

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
come on, i mean... seriously?

it doesn't matter if it's DJ or not. it's a nice gesture that everyone can appreciate.

just make sure you find out its her birthday in a non-stalkerish way.

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is what I call overthinking :)

It's not AFC in any way, unless you call her 00:01 to be the very first to congratulate her and bring her flowers the next day as a follow-up.

MotownMack

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL. You're joking, right?

You should not be asking this question at 126 posts, but at least you have the appropriate user name.

No it's not AFC or DJ, it's called basic manners. It could be a decent way to open a conversation if you branch out from there, but by itself it's unlikely to help you or hurt you.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
christ on a crutch! ...then again your screenname says it all.

Deadly_Assassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
whos got the troll spray?

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheEdgeOf

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, telling her happy birthday is probably the most AFC move you can pull. I mean, if you're going to tell her that, you might as well just give up and become an hero.

lol

TheEdgeOf

Banned
Reaction score
ARrocket said:
There is NOTHING AFC about saying happy birthday.
We've established that dude, check the last 10 replies

Max Power

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not saying "Happy Birthday," it's how you say it. Your body language , vocal tone and subcommunication has to be strong and you have to be on your A-game.

You also have to calibrate properly

You can get away with saying "Happy B-day" to a HB 10 or HB 9 and even some HB 8s.

But for HB 7s and lower, I recommend the proper "Happy Birthday." They're not as used to Don Juans approaching them as much as HBs 8 and up.

ezily

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It can be AFC. If you do it over facebook or myspace that is lame. If you send a text that is lame. If you send an email that is lame. If you write a message more that happy birthday that is lame.

So the best way to do it is in person. Just be cool and smooth about it. It's fine if you do it this way. Also, don't make it seem like you went out of your way. AND don't buy her flowers or any of that other sh1t.

btw, the reason I'm against the internet thing is because EVERY loser AFC does it. I mean just look at some of the walls of hot girls. You'll see guys posting lame and retarded comments ALL the time. It makes me cringe when I see that stuff.

Latinoman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In an era in which men lack the ability to pay attention to details...remembering somebody else birthday is always a GREAT gesture.

Michele l'Arcangelo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Max Power said:
It's not saying "Happy Birthday," it's how you say it. Your body language , vocal tone and subcommunication has to be strong and you have to be on your A-game.

You also have to calibrate properly

You can get away with saying "Happy B-day" to a HB 10 or HB 9 and even some HB 8s.

But for HB 7s and lower, I recommend the proper "Happy Birthday." They're not as used to Don Juans approaching them as much as HBs 8 and up.
hah good one!

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ease up on the guy, he's new to the game and needs some encouragment

although it was a pretty stupid question

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
*rolls eyes and moves on to next thread*

Groovy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn!

:crackup:

If you say something to get approval - AFC.

If you say VERY NICE something because someone deserves it - Right.

If you say something to make someone happy but don't really want approval- Right!

Be nice often!