Running

Reaction score
Originally posted by Runna13=)
One more thing, warm up with at least a mile. Stretch, then do your workout. Stretch when you are done with the workout as well. Also, try to do several sets of ab work and pushups everyday.

And about those HIIT workouts. For real runners, they are called lactate threshold workouts. Basically, they are intervals run at 100%. What i typically do are 20x400 meters, 5x1 mile, or something like that. I have never seen any LT (lactate threshold) workout last less than 20 min. Mine last at least 45-60 min. I don't know how well these 20 min HIIT work, but I feel the more time you invest, the faster and better the results.
I guess you have to consider the purpose of LT/HIIT workout.

You are using LT as part of sport-specific preparation.

The HIIT 20-minute limitation is used for bodybuilding purposes only (i.e. dropping body fat)

If you continually do 45-60 minute HIIT sessions you will end up looking like a distance runner (no offense) which is not the look most people who bodybuild are looking for!

Runna13=)

Don Juan
Reaction score
von dumb: the original question was about running, not weight lifting.

trallwng am byth: your time is decent i guess for a beginner. My PR (personal record) is around 16:30 set my senior year in HS. I would say that the average freshmen that goes out for the team runs from about 21 to 23 min for a 5K.

Runna13=)

Don Juan
Reaction score
von dumb: i guarantee that i'm more cut than you.
another thing, dummy, if you know anything about HIIT and LT, you would know they are the same thing. Both involve intervals and the same effort for the workouot (maximal heart rate). Lastly, dumbo, you ARE running at lactate threshold for HIIT. You're so dumb, it's not even funny. Your future comments don't even dignify a response.

DUM Da DUM DUM DUM!

Reaction score
Originally posted by Runna13=)
von dumb: i guarantee that i'm more cut than you.
another thing, dummy, if you know anything about HIIT and LT, you would know they are the same thing. Both involve intervals and the same effort for the workouot (maximal heart rate). Lastly, dumbo, you ARE running at lactate threshold for HIIT. You're so dumb, it's not even funny. Your future comments don't even dignify a response.

DUM Da DUM DUM DUM!
You still don't know how to read, numbnuts.

OF COURSE I KNOW IT'S THE SAME THING, SHYTHEAD. WHAT THE FUKK DO YOU THINK THE "LT/HIIT" IN MY FIRST POST MEANS... ?? LT/HIIT/AT.. WHATEVER A$$HOLE.

WHAT YOU STILL DO NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND IS THAT BODYBUILDERS DO NOT TRAIN LIKE CROSS-COUNTRY RUNNERS, A$$HOLE. WHICH IS WHY WHEN YOU STARTED DROPPING ALL YOUR "REAL RUNNER" BULLSHYT... EVERYONE STARTED ASKING ABOUT THE HIIT.. WHICH IS WHAT LT/AT TYPE TRAINING IS CALLED IN BODYBUILDING CIRCLES.

ANYWAY, WE DO NOT HAVE TO DO 45MINUTE LT SESSIONS, BECAUSE WE COULD GIVE A FLYING FUKK ABOUT RUNNING SPEED/ENDURANCE. FOR OUR PURPOSES, IT'S POINTLESS... DOING THAT LEAVES US LOOKING LIKE EMACIATED LUNGBAGS... LIKE YOU.

20 MINUTES FOR BODYBUILDERS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO STIMULATE THE METABOLISM ENOUGH TO ENSURE FAT LOSS WHEN COMPOUNDED WITH THE APPROPRIATE CUTTING DIET.

THIS IS THE DISTINCTION I WAS MAKING A$$HOLE.

CHICKS DIG MUSCLE, NOT LUNGS, SPAGHETTI ARMS.

YOU HAD TO MAKE THIS PERSONAL, DIDN'T YOU? YOU FUKKIN' LITTLE PUNK. WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO POST ON A RUNNING FORUM, WHERE OTHER WANKERS CARE ABOUT THAT CRAP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH LIKE THE WEAK, PENCIL-NECKED LITTLE ***** THAT YOU ARE!

P.S. TO BE "CUT" WOULD IMPLY THAT YOU ACTUALLY HAVE NOTICEABLE MUSCLE MASS TO "CUT UP" - YOU'RE NOT "CUT", YOU'RE JUST SKINNY. THERE'S A BIG DIFFERENCE, MR. FLYWEIGHT.

Last edited:

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha ha ha...

Man. I think people really need to learn to read/analyze words better.

A) Victor could pass for DIESEL's twin in terms of writing style.

B) Victor knows his shyt. Damn, he knows his shyt.

I commend you my friend.

EDIT: LMAO... that last reply was the funniest damn thing I've read all week. Hahah

Reaction score
YOU FUKKIN' LITTLE PUNK. WHY DON'T YOU JUST GO POST ON A RUNNING FORUM, WHERE OTHER WANKERS CARE ABOUT THAT CRAP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH LIKE THE WEAK, PENCIL-NECKED LITTLE ***** THAT YOU ARE!
This isn't a bodybuilding forum; it's a health&fitness forum last time I checked, and as such running can be a core component discussions here.

Take your attitude elsewhere. Not everyone wants to spent 8 months getting unfit (bulking :rolleyes: ) just for an extra few pounds of muscle.

Runna13=)

Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I'll say something:

I was explaining the difference between LT and HIIT
Yet, you say they are the same thing.

And you fail to address the original question, which is about running, not weight lifting. I justed wanted to answer the guy's question. This forum is called health and fitness, not solely weightlifting.

It's funny how you try to make fun of me, and use a stereotype about runners, i.e. pencil neck, scrawny,skinny, etc., to put me down. It shows how insecure you are about your body. Were you fat as a kid or something?

I will not not use stereotypes of bodybuilders to flame you. Even though i can, i will not because i'm a fellow gym goer myself. Most weight lifters aren't *******s like yourself. Do you even have anything to say about the content i have on running? It seems you're just running your mouth and talking ****.

If you want, maybe you can post your pic and ill post mine.

Lastly, have some class...................von dumb.

I will not use stereotypes about bodybuilders to flame you. Even though I can, i have no grudge against fellow lifters, cause i go 24 hour fitness a lot myself.

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is never any 'owner' in an internet discussion, don't forget that ;)