Rubato's Workout/Diet Journal

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bgarrido said:
Work some deadlifts into your routine, they work all your muscles and you'll pack on muscle quickly
Deads are quite possibly the best single exercise there is, although it could be argued squats are as good or better. Either way, Deads really seperate the men from the boys as they suck the life out of you and most people aren't willing to go through that type of feeling, which is why you rarely see people doing them at the gym...

Just watch your form or you can jack your back up pretty good...

R

Rubato

Update:

I'm at 173.5 now.

That's up from 160 At the end of December. That's 1.35lbs per week :)

I had my dad's personal training do a bodyfat % measurement on me and I'm at 8.7%. Maybe my scale wasn't really off all that much.

Given where I'm at in my studies right now, this is the best it's going to get right now. And at over 1lb per week, I won't complain.

Still no gear. No fancy supplements. Just consistency.

My bench is up to 215

I got the book Starting Strength 3rd edition and realized I had been doing the compound exercises wrong. I was closest with the bench.

I went down last week to 225lbs from 275lbs on the squat to focus on my technique, and that was a good decision.

Deads are today with the new technique, and I will be going down from 265lbs to something more manageable so I don't hurt myself.

I would rather rep lower weights and be performing correct technique than rep higher weights using inefficient/dangerous movements.

That's all for now.