Rough times at college

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
could somebody please help me with what to say to guys? honestly, i've been living in the dorms now for a couple of days and i have no idea how to approach guys to be friends. i have very few friends here from high school, and most ofthem i dont want to hang out with anyways..please help me,i am usually an upbeat positive person, but this lack of friends has me seriously depressed....

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
no one can give me the least bit of input?

Cappy da pimp

Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro all you gotta say is yo whats up man Im so and so. Ask them whats good for the night. Its not rocket science just be cool with them.

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kill that desperation....present yourself as a controlled got it together kind of guy and others will ask you to come do stuff

Also, are you talking to girls? Use this oppurtunity to meet girls on your own terms without that heckling hyiennas judging and instructing you in the corner. Thats how i've always liked it cus when i finally do go out with guys and meet up with girls my game it always much tighter because of my 'pure' mind

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a girlfriend at home...i've been here about a week now and i have about 4 friends...honestly, im considering dropping out. all of this lack is causing me stress to the point where i can't eat. i try to be proactive and call my friends, meet up with them, but most of the time i just feel like i'm getting the shaft...argh, anything....please?

tristan22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your acting ridiculous. Be glad that you have a chance to attend college and take advantage of the oppurtunity! Don't rely on other people to bring joy in your life.

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
sitting here having no one talk to and hit refresh until someone could possibly give me some advice on how to improve my ****hole of a life...doesnt sound like much of an oppurtunity.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
alright here is a few different approaches

if it was me i would fill my room with alcohol and b*tches

and an xbox / ps2 or both

i guarantee you will make friends quickly

become " the man " who can get what people need

obviously stay out of the drug game

greet everyone you see

SMILE :D

do some crazy $hit with your DOOR

like a poster of some hot chicks bending over a car

probably some spray paint like a hip hop piece

make it look like the door to your room is really a portal to another dimension

get people WANTING TO MEET YOU

who is this wild party animal / pimp ?

why is he always so happy ?

what drugs is he on and can he score some for me ? ( joking :) )

BUY dvd VAN WILDER

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000069CF0/002-0240561-8696823?v=glance

watch said DVD 24/7 until memorised

then you become VAN WILDER

problem solved

Lost In Translation

DONT LET YOUR D*CK RUN YOUR LIFE

thefonz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice attitude, carry that over to your next college and see how far you get there........This is all in your head man, get out there and meet different people. Stop focusing on your failures cus thats like chewing gum in an attempt to solve algebra. There are THOUSANDS of cliches in every college you go to but if you don't put yourself out there your gonna spend too much time alone

the biggest, roughest, most muscled guy I ever met gave me this advice in the gym once and I'll never forget it as long as I live. Remember this when you worry about being rejected, "Real men take $hit." It's so true....learn how to take $hit, people with respect you.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go to the campus gym, join some club (like college republicans or something), play a sport, go running, get a job.

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i appreciate all of your responses and attempts to help me wholeheartedly. i'm never usually this little whiney of a biatch when i got out with my friends, i know this will not make them want to hang out with me. it's just not comprehensible, perhaps i had too high of expectations coming into this year. i actually layed on my bed and cried like a little fuking girl about this. fuk it. the whole feeling bad for myself thing is gone, its out of my system now. i appreciate everyone's patience in this matter.

now i'm ready to tackle the situation, it only wins if i stop trying. i do still need more help,but not the whiney little $hitbrick help i needed before. i know i can get thru this, please be patient and share your experience

what are some things i could suggest for a new friend to do with me, w/o sounding gay?

-like i meet a guy and we talk for a little and he seems cool, but i dont know of any parties or anything like that goin on, but i wanna do somethin so i dont sit around like assclown. but i am skinny whitekid, so i dont want him to get the feelin i'm like hitting on him or something. i know like go eat, gym, etc..anything else? what do u and your college buds usually do for fun?

how do you guys feel about mixing friends?

-like i have 2 guys i usually work out with and hang out with frequently. they are pretty much my bread and butter friends ya know. i know this one kid and some of his friends that i hang out with occassionally,but i never mix the 2 groups together, and i'm unsure on how to approach the situation. also, say i meet some people who who of the party scene and whatnot..do i take my main friends or jst go myself and try to break into a new circle all togther? any help in this area?

any other broad suggestions or anything that i'm missing would be greatly appreciated. i apologize for my *****y rants and crazy ravings of earlier..i'm ready to be a man and conquer this ant hill, please help me out.

brenbaus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
man, just chill out, college is supposed to be fun, hang out, go to parties, chill with the guys, pick up chicks, whatever. JUST HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

skeeloo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
all you gotta do, is cold appraoch dudes, maintain eye contact and have a firm handshake, when a dude passes you by, say excuse smile at him go closer and ask for his number or any parties avialable use kino and c and f and mavec too :crackup:

seriously though all you gotta do is say wats up dude espcially in a dorm just say look i gotta platstation you dudes wana play nba live, i mean it aint that hard, im an introvert and i still have atleast 5 friends . and many other dudes i hang out with, though they are not close friends.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, getting friends in College is simple as sh!t.

Like when you are talking to a dude, just say : "Hey man, what are you doing tonight? You wanna go out and grab a beer?" or "Hey dude, I was just gonna go out and get trashed tonight, you wanna come?".

It's simple as fvck.

Phoenix_of_the_ashes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always thought the goal of college was to get an education, not primarly to make friends.

Dropping out because of that is just ****ed up.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
U want to make friedns throw a party with the so called friends u have right now... be cool dont depserate and invite some chicks.... Just be yourself dude....

Stud

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i think i got the situation under control..the biggest thing i have a problem with now is mixing friends. like, if my one friend is cool, but doesnt get along with my others..what do i do? how do i pick who to hang out with? i tried trying to get everyone to hang out as one, but it was ridiculously awkward and not fun, i've never really had this happen before so i dont know how to approach it..what do u guys suggest?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been here about a week now and i have about 4 friends

And you are upset about this? Keep in mind there are still many kids with no friends. There are about 16-18 weeks in a semester. You are on pace to have 60-70 friends before Christmas if you work at it. Personally, like women, with friends I would rather have quality than quantity.

FreeStyleZ

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I made friends my freshman year by just being extremely upbeat, seeming very social and it semed like people just always invited me to hang out. I constantly had people saying to me "yeah man we're having people over later on tonight to drink and ****, swing by room XXX if you want". Just start convesrations with people and be yourself.. ask people what they're getting into that night and if they know of any parties. When you meet people through people its alot easier... tell them your name and make sure to remember theirs. Do you have a pool room? Go shoot some pool... u'll meet people. Another way i made alot of my friends was through poker.... theres nothing ackward about inviting new people over to play poker since at college its like a universal game and people always want more players anyway. I remember how i met 4 guys who became main friends in our social clique to this day. I was walking down the hall after one of our friends refused to play and bring down his chips, i saw these 3 guys walking and they had chips in their hands and I said "holy ****, u guys play poker? do u guys wanna play with us, we got a game going on in a little bit but we dont have any nice chips". They played with us all the time and just by sitting aroudn playing poker with guys you get to know them better.... its a pretty social thing to do and its not ackward at all.

Jvesti

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
READ "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie

After that you should be set.

Become interested in people and they will become interest in you.

Friends are made by similarities. That means those who share the passions and loves you do will be friends. Join groups, frats, become involved in the community