Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Texas

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I still think USC is the better team. Carroll made some bonehead calls and the Big Ten officials made some bonehead calls in Texas favor.

I cannot stand the state of Texas and their arrogance. They ran out of the corridor with a Texas state flag. What other sports teams from other states do that......you don't.

Why don't you Texans withdrawal from the Union again and form your own country...Lord knows you would love that and you would not be missed.

MVP

Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting that I was the only person on Sosuave that picked Texas before the game started.

First, I don't like Texas, I don't even really follow college football, I just knew that Vince Young was better than Reggie Bush. That was basically all I had in deciding my prediction.

There was actually calls that went against Texas. There was 1 play in the first half where it should have been a Texas interception, but the referees said it was not a completion. The replays showed that it was a complete catch. And also, if the field goal kicker for Texas was better, they would have just needed a field goal in the dying seconds to win. Vince Young plays football the way I used to play Madden games on my PS2.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That Vince Young lateral was bull****.

The Reggie Bush lateral was bull****.

Texas winning was bull****.

Machina

Reaction score
Texas would have scored anyway if the refs called Vince down when his knee touched. USC's defense wasn't much of a match for Vince Young.

You know, there was also a play before the end of the 2nd half where Texas got an interception, but they got screwed and had it called incomplete....which led to a USC TD. You should take away that one from USC and the TD by vince, and you still get Texas winning.

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Texas was the better team last night because Vince Young is on it. He makes the plays that win games. Bush didn't do a whole lot, Lendale White carried the team more than the Heisman trophy winner last night. Carroll also did a piss poor job calling plays.

I'm not saying Texas would win again if they replayed that game, but since there are no do overs in life you deal with what happens. Everyone also has to realize that USC was vastly overrated, they are not the greatest football team in history, they are not better than every team that has ever played the game. Their defense sucks and their kicking game is atrocious. It was only a matter of time before they went down. Now that Bush, Leinart, and possibly White are leaving, plus all the seniors, USC will have a lot of stuff to work out for next season.

USC is a very good team, and they got beat by a team that played extraordinary last night.

Brian20o2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MVP
Interesting that I was the only person on Sosuave that picked Texas before the game started.
No. I was actually the very first voting for tex.
The only reason i picked them is cause Vince young and theres a reciver with my name Brian Carter!

Bling

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by The_Shezzler
The only american football team i know are the Miami Hurricanes - go Canes!!!
:crackup: 40-3. God, if FSU beat PSU in 3OT, I'd have a field day with the fairweather UM fans down here in Mia.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Are there any good kickers in college? As far as I can tell (and this is only going off of the BCS season, since I couldn't care less what kickers do the rest of the year), not a one of them is worth the scholarships they play for. Seriously, Danelo at USC *makes* $40k a year in school money, probably, for what? Making low- to mid-range field goals and extra points. There shouldn't be kickers or punters in CFB.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I played high school ball with a kid who kicked a 47-yarder in the homecoming game as a sophomore. It's hard to respect college kickers with less range than that. The last I checked, Martin Gramatica, who I don't think is even in the NFL anymore, had the college record at 65 yards.