Roosh V appears on Dr. Oz segment in a fat shaming faceoff

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The weird thing is isn't Dr. Oz always pushing some sort of healthy living product or information? I'm sure he's pushed all sorts of weight loss methods on his program. So why make excuses for all these fat women? Probably he doesn't want to alienate his audience.

old married dude

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
The weird thing is isn't Dr. Oz always pushing some sort of healthy living product or information? I'm sure he's pushed all sorts of weight loss methods on his program. So why make excuses for all these fat women? Probably he doesn't want to alienate his audience.
Yes, if a woman comes on his show & pushes some weight loss agenda it's OK I've noticed. It has to be done in a very positive & touchy-feely manner also.

Shaming in any way with anything really is just way too un-PC nowadays in the mainstream. It's no longer like the 1950's where you can just tell someone "Get out and go run around the block a few times fatty!"

PC just takes away all personal responsibility, I've noticed on that show a common theme is "It's not your fault you're fat."

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't understand why everyone is so "outraged" by Dr. Oz. The guy makes a lot of money pandering to insecure women. It's his job. Today he tells them that being fat is beautiful because overweight people "bring a different life experience" (whatever that means) and tomorrow he'll be selling them on some magic weight loss pill. It's no different than a defense attorney representing a criminal. You don't get paid big bucks to say things that you actually believe in.

As for the "Roosh V" guy, I think he did reasonably well for a guy who is not a professional public speaker and was very clearly set up by the producers. They tried to paint him as a monster but he responded calmly and managed make a few good points.