Rising From The Ashes: Time For A Change

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi All,
As its probably well documented on here now I have had my problems in life but now Im going to try and go out next year and turn things around.
This is probably going to be my last chance to do something in life, I want to live every moment and be as happy as possible.
I want to improve myself both physically and mentally, be a lot more confident and happier and look,feel more attractive to the outside world and be a lot more ambitious and successful.

My Targets are:

*DO MORE FITNESS TRAINING-Although Ive lost nearly a stone in weight I want to try and get rid of the spare areas of flab around my stomach. Im going to take up Weight Training as well as various other fitness classes.

*SEE FAMILY MORE-Most Important People In My Life, Know they are there for me 100%(well the majority of them anyway) and the feeling is vice versa.
Know they truly want me to succeed.

*IMPROVE MY LUCK WITH THE FEMALE RACE-Probably my biggest regret in life, always made me feel worthless and like im a joke. Everything else in life ive overcome and being hugely successful just this one area I have yet to crack. Not really looking for relationships as im only just starting out, dont want nothing long term for at least 10 years, just want to do lots of casual dating and having fun and making up for the years Ive lost.

*LIFE LIFE TO THE FULL-Go Out and About More, Go out enjoy myself on Weekends, go random places during the week(Library,Mates Houses,Gym,Cinema,Shopping,Sunbeds etc) and dont vegetate at home or in bed.

*CUT DOWN ON ALCOHOL-Stop having a Drink at Home and Just Keep It To Social Nights Out with friends and family.

So any advice on any other places or hobbies I can take up to make 2008 be my year please post in here, any links you think that may be useful to me please post and anything else in general that may be useful please post.
I was thinking of trying the DJ Bootcamp but that may be too soon for me and I dont think Ill be physically ready for such a huge step at this stage, maybe in time once Ive at least managed a couple of successful approaches.
Ill try and keep this thread updated with how Im doing or any new ideas I have in due time :rock:

Obsidian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
glad to see you're acting more optimistic. In between now and New Year's, how about you start reading the Great One's book

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers mate, any other advice from anyone else is much welcome.
Anything else I can add in that or any feedback on my plans whether they are good or bad etc?

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do everything you can to deal with and eliminate your Inner Game issues.

Look into what is Masculinity. What makes a Man a Man?

Ask yourself "How can I be mroe Grounded?"

Ask yourself "How can I be More PRESENT?"

Make friends with masculine men role models who can inspire you and perhaps mentor you.

Do not seek validation from anyone.
Do not seek approval from anyone.

Do not apologize for being a Man. Do not apologize for your desires (they are healthy, right? RIGHT??!)

Do more research on Seduction, Attraction, and keep her Interest. This I'm sure you will do anyway.

Focus on befriending people, and being Social with everyone , not just females.

Take up a Martial Art or Self Defense Class.

Look into Yoga.
Look into Tai Chi.

And make your Number One Goal that supports EVERYTHING else be Creating HIGH CHARACTER for yourself.

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good job looks like you took my advice, and started a plan. Now you just need to stay on course, and execute it. It would also be good to write down what's the most important things for you in life, and try to give things priorities with that list.

For me it would be:

Money
Happiness
Family
Girls

This sounds pretty selfish, now I think about it. lol.

Last edited:

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay guys heres the first bit of advice, what do you do or did do when your indoubt of approaching someone? What do you think to yourself or to motivate yourself further? How do you ignore your nerves?
I think this will be a major blockage in me achieving this goal next year?

Skepsis

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't think females are, in actuality, a race.

But aside from that, good luck :up:

thehexman

Don Juan
Reaction score
The Damned said:
I was thinking of trying the DJ Bootcamp but that may be too soon for me and I dont think Ill be physically ready for such a huge step at this stage, maybe in time once Ive at least managed a couple of successful approaches.
:rock:

I don't quite agree with this, the whole point of going to DJ Boot Camp is that you try a couple of approaches... actually I believe Boot Camp starts with going out and talking to all sorts of people, not girls in particular. It gives good advice on how to handle people in general, only after the 3rd week or so does it focus on women. Go ahead and try it!!

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Went out with the same aim again, but sadly couldnt do it.
Seen 3 women I liked but even if I tried to make eye contact they would look away(If I get some acknowledgement I might have something to work off).
Someone as challenged in the looks department as me realistically is going to have problems, im going to try and keep on going but this is going to be like trying to climb a mountain.
Im going out tomorrow maybe someone may have some suggestions or advice for me?

Skepsis

Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's possible to walk through a wall then you can, beyond a shadow of a doubt, get a girl. Any girl.

[Statistically speaking, a perpetuity of continually walking in to a wall provides a reasonable chance for the unpredictability and relative chaos of quantum mechanics to permit a significant chance for atomic circumvention.]

Interceptor

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try to work on having an 'inner smile".
Try to feel yourself rooted and GROUNDED to the ground. Learn how to be emotionally 'still', not all flighty and nervous, all over the place.

Make sure you're aware of your breathing. Are you tense, nervous, anxious?
Relax.
Don't put so much pressure on any outcome.
Be aware of your posture.
Do not apologize for being a Man.
Be aligned with your desires.
Realize that it's ok to 'mess up" , when talking to women. You're not perfect.
So don't worry about it. You're not ther to impress her. You're there to have fun and engage people.

"Hey,what's up? I'm Damned. You look like fun! What's your name?"

Just let yourself go, and let yourself 'fail', so that you can be free of getting analytical, and too "in your head."

You need to be "in your body". so make sure you keep up your workouts. And do something a little physical before your approaches if you can. Let go of the nervous tension in your body.

You're there to have fun, not impress chicks.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Same thing happend tonight guys tried to get women to even notice me but it didnt work.
As sad as it seems, I cant see 2008 being any different from 2007.2006,2005 etc

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I remember starting as you did, but then I stopped waiting for them to notice me and started letting them know I was noticing them and things started changing. You are not looking for their approval so who cares if they notice you? You need to act instead of react...

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fact is guys as much as I appreciate your efforts it is never going to happen for me.
I know I am one of those guys who it is simply never meant to happen for.
Im a good guy who has been kicked in the teeth repeatedly in life and I havent deserved any of the **** that has happened to me.
All I ever asked for was a simple, happy life but now nothing that happens can ever make up for the time Ive lost.
Because of all the **** thats happened in my life I spend every day wishing that I was dead, its only my family that have given me the inspiration to keep living in this ****hole world.
Im too old now, if It hasnt worked out for me at 24, lets face it when will it?
Whats the point in going on getting setback after setback and then eventually dying with zero acknowledgement and not being able to accept the suffering you have faced?
Taking time out may be a option, but lets face it Ive taken time out numerous times and its done zero to help me, taking time out is like accepting your situation like you deserve to be in the mess you have been landed in.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
do u think you deserve more success now that you've b!tched about your life online? SO you are 24? Read the stories about the pua who didnt get laid until they were 29 and whatever. Due to the improvements in health and people fighting aging, you got a good 24 years left of hunting beautiful attractive women, so stop being a b!tch and start trying to get better. You are going to suck in the beginning, get over it. You can either suck now and be a little better at 25, or continue to suck at 25 and then 26 and then 27...

Stéphane

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This emo attitude is getting old, no wonder nobody wants to f*** you. My friend is in a wheelchair, and he gets more ass then anyone else.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Stéphane said:
This emo attitude is getting old, no wonder nobody wants to f*** you. My friend is in a wheelchair, and he gets more ass then anyone else.
Its not a emo attitude or personality or whatever, this has been my whole life(the same life you only get 1 shot at). Theres no second chances, and I know deep down that I couldnt or cant do anything different that would change the outcome, Ive gone down most avenues now. :confused:

romangod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Damned said:
Its not a emo attitude or personality or whatever, this has been my whole life(the same life you only get 1 shot at). Theres no second chances, and I know deep down that I couldnt or cant do anything different that would change the outcome, Ive gone down most avenues now. :confused:

Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Your attitude is defeated and misguided. Start by changing that.

The Damned

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly mate Ive been there done that numerous times but with no success.
Well from personal experience Im a believer in that the luck you have is what you were born with. Some are naturally lucky(I know a few people like that, who seem to achieve everything with so little effort), the average(the inbetweens, seem to be successful but with effort), and the unlucky(the type like me who has put so much into life and got nothing back).
You may not believe this but if you spent a week as me you would soon realise, even the small things I had in life are fast fading away If I was in doubt of my life last night, finding out my pet maybe dying today has just put the icing on the cake.
Ive genuinely tried to turn my life around, numerous times but everytime it ends up with nothing so surely you can understand my doubts after 8 1/2 years and still no closer to any change if anything im further away.