Relationship with a classmate

karli

Reaction score
Is it okay to have a relationship with a classmate? I've never had a long relationship, so I think it wouldn't be the best idea but daaaamn it's a difficult decision to make.

We kinda like each other (she's an 8), been talking a lot recently etc but it might make it awkward if the relationship doesn't last. What to do?

didirectors

Don Juan
Reaction score
In my opinion provided shes not your oneitis Id go for it but only if she knows your willing to walk if she starts being difficult with you. then it should be fine, on the other hand if shes been your freind for a while and dont want to lose that on the chance of the breakup well... then theres plenty of other women in the world. Also next time post a bit more detail we cant tell if youve known her for a while, or if shes a rather new person in your life

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes and no.

If you break up, and you're hurt by it then its going to suck. However if you're cool about it then its fine. Relaionships are about having fun. If it doesnt work out, so what? You both had fun at one point. If you take it seriously then the class will become awkward after break up.

Aside from breaking up, having your girlfriend in the same class would kind of leave me the feeling of being smothered. I would see her maybe in the morning... Maybe in between classes... Then at lunch.... Then probably after school.... Then we might hang out... And on top of that shes in my class. If you dont see her that much or manage not to see her that much outside of class then its fine.

Just be aware she wont be going anywhere. Relationships are all about having fun anyway.

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure.

If you break up and it's awkward in class then who cares? Life goes on, and this little "event" in yours will be near meaningless 40 years from now.

RodrigoAveiro

Reaction score
Hope this helps

So, from personal expirience I can tell you that being in relationship with classmate has it's pros and cons. Good things are that you can be together all the time and have fun together. But bad stuff is that you feel like you are under surveillance all the time. Like you must not look at other girls. If you break up than it can be hard if you're the one who got dumped. But if you really like/love her than being in same class should not be a problem! :)