Refusing to take a breathalizer test

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anyone have any experiences with taking or refusing a breathalizer test after being stopped by the police? Is it better to refuse the test?

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dust 2 Dust
Anyone have any experiences with taking or refusing a breathalizer test after being stopped by the police? Is it better to refuse the test?
Hell no, they immedietely take away your license, then they tow your car, then they slap you with every ticket imaginable. And you can't get your license back afterwards.

Don't drive drunk to begin with, it's stupid as hell.

high nrg

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, its not smart. im pretty sure by having your license you automatically consent to piss and breath tests

WastelandWarrior

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if you're DUI and you know you're busted, by consenting to a breathalizer you're giving them all the evidence they need.

If you don't do it for them, you're going to lose your license for 6(?) months.

If you do, you're going to lose it anyway.

The best advice is to talk to a lawyer.

Brother_Rapp

Banned
Reaction score
There ought to be something out there that can mask alcohol. Is there some type of spray that, when combined with alcohol, changes it into something else? If there is, you could spray it into your mouth when driving just before you get pulled over. For that matter, you could spray it into your mouth after you leave the bar. If there isn't something like that, there is a huge market for it.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh man have I got some input on this one

I got pulled over for a DUI at 8:30 in the morning driving across the street from my house to the bar there (I was going to get breakfest before I got into work at 9:30)

The cop didn't even have his lights on. He told me there had been a bunch of civic thefts in the area and he wanted to see my papers (also I still hand Maryland plates on my car) When I gave him my papers he could smell the alcohol on my body.

Funny thing is I had been out all night and couldn't shower, cause my friend from cali was in town and i split from him to be with this chick i had met before. So I gave him the key to my apt and couldn't get in (probably would of just showered instead of goin across the street for breakfest). My work clothes were in the truck of my car, which I changed into (he cited dishevled clothes as another sign of me being drunk).

Anyway he gave me the standard drunk test. Eye test (you always fail this one) walk the line (missed touching my heal to my toe on 2 of 18 steps, so pass) and stand on one foot count to 30 (pass). Long story short he arrested me and asked if I wanted to take the breathalizer now or go down town. Since I had been out all night i couldn't really guess my BAC and I have a high tolorance (the cop even said he thought i was pretty experienced at this so he had even more reason to arrest me) so i oppted to take the hour ride downtown to get a blood test.

It was sunday that I got arrested and clark county detention center only gives two meals, first of which i missed. I sat in a holding cell till 2am on monday morn. I then walked three miles to the bus stop bused as far down las vegas blvd as possible then cabed the rest of the way home.

Anyway the evidence came back and my BAC was at a .071!! legal limit in vegas is .08!!! so that hour really did make a difference. If I'd of taken the breathlizer i'd of been at a .081 and my liscence would of been snatched right then and there.

Now my lawyer tells me that I've got a good shot at getting the whole thing dropped in court or at least a significant reduction.

I recommend keeping a small bottle of lysteriene in the car. If you get pulled over and you're piss drunk, then swish it around your mouth and swallow it (use a straw so the cop don't see you doin it) Lysterine makes a breathlizer invalid cause of the alcohol content in it. Then all you have to do is pass the sobiety test, which you may or may not be good at.

Brother_Rapp

Banned
Reaction score
Just because that didn't work, is no indication that something else won't.Neccessity is the mother of invention.Who would have thought in the 1800 s that people would fly across continents in "metal birds".

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know that wait until you get the blood test thing is something I had thought of before as well. Do you often get that option? Naturally it would allow your body to process some more alcohol.

I have been asked on one occasion if I had been drinking. What I believe a common mistake is to say "Yeah I had a few beers". To a cop a few beers is what they always hear and it could range from 2 to 20.

I dishonestly answer "No" when they ask if i'm been drinking. They didn't test me when I said it. He asked me a couple of times.

I mean it isn't right to lie but there is a chance you might not get tested as a result.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
look up my thread "lets fvck the police"

I would say always go with "fine, lets ride downtown" .. chances are they will not want to bother with you.. plus a night in a cell isnt all that bad comparing to outrageous tickets you can get.

Dust 2 Dust

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Refusing to take a breathalizer test

Originally posted by Vincent
Hell no, they immedietely take away your license, then they tow your car, then they slap you with every ticket imaginable. And you can't get your license back afterwards.

If you fail the breathalizer test they're going to do all those things to you anyway so I figured you might as well refuse and not give them any extra ammunition.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Oxide
look up my thread "lets fvck the police"

I would say always go with "fine, lets ride downtown" .. chances are they will not want to bother with you.. plus a night in a cell isnt all that bad comparing to outrageous tickets you can get.
Plus you get to make them spend an extra 2.50/gal on gas. haha.

Wyldfire

Banned
Reaction score
Only MORONS drive drunk. I know this guy who drove drunk once. His very pregnant fiance' was with him. He got into an accident and killed the woman he loved and his child. F*cked him up big time and landed him in the can for a good while.

If you are going to drink, take a cab, have a designated driver or walk...but do NOT drive. You could kill someone if you get behind the wheel drunk...it is DUMB.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gotta agree with fire on this one. In fact I'll be telling the judge that April 15:( It's really not worth it.

Even monitary wise. A 20 dollar cab ride vs the $1800 I had to drop for my lawyer and the 600+ I'll still acrue in fines.

Even though the situation I got pulled over in was completely coincidental (I mean I drove across the street from my house to get brreakfest at 8 freakin thirty) and I wasn't even drunk, but there have been plenty of times when I've been a total dumb ass driving well over the legal limit and had I have been pulled over I wouldn't have a shot at getting off nearly as easily as I do right now (There's been more then one occasion where I really should have crashed or died).

Still my lawyers legal aid told me how to get sobriety test should I be pulled over again. The system is weird in this counrty.

Be safe make good decisions.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brother_Rapp
There ought to be something out there that can mask alcohol. Is there some type of spray that, when combined with alcohol, changes it into something else? If there is, you could spray it into your mouth when driving just before you get pulled over. For that matter, you could spray it into your mouth after you leave the bar. If there isn't something like that, there is a huge market for it.
you fcuking a$$whole so many thousands of people get killed by cars in the USA alone, many of which is due to drink driving, and now you want somthing to allow you to do it unnoticed! Anyway if you do pass it, how can you explain not bieng able to walk in a straight line.

rgeere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Brother_Rapp
No, because the maschine that test for levels of alchohol measures some type of electronic reaction from the alcohol in your breath to come up with a measurement. This means that there is absolutly no way you would be able to hide how much alcohol was in your blood no matter what you did to try to compensate.

Drinking and driving is just foolish anyhow. Just don't do it is your safest bet.

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The big deal guys is what really defines drunkeness.

Impaired ability can come from so many other things than alcohol (Cell phones, being tired, being angry or upset about something)

So if i always keep my blood alcohol under .08, does that really mean i'm safe.

I'd be interested in the testing they did to defined .08 vs .10 that it used to be, etc.

Nex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HOW TO HIDE YOUR BREATH

YES, it is possible to cheat on a brethalizer test.

BUT, it depends on what kind of machine they are using.

HERE IN BRAZIL: This is how it works:

The police officer puts the machine to your mouth, and you exhale. The alcohol molecules in your mouth makes little marks on an orange thing in the machine -- and then it determines the %.

TO CHEAT:

Get that water with gas bottle (don't know what it's called in English) and keep it in your car at all times.

When you are pulled over, and you've had alcohol, get that gaseous water bottle and start drinking. Make sure you keep it in your mouth for quite a while before you swallow, too. Gargle with it a bit.

This should breakdown the alcohol molecules, and the test will come out CLEAN.

Courtesy of my chemistry teacher.

EDIT: Gas water = SODA WATER.

Last edited: