Red flags or not?

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMig,

Thanks for the additional info. and yes it was quite thorough. Hmmm, this Depo-Provera contraceptive`s effectiveness is on par with that of the other, more popular ones. I`m going to ask my doctor if it`s available in Canada and bring up the idea to the next chica that I get into an arrangement with me.

No rule of thumb for time between contact. It all depends on how you feel about it. As long as you`re not getting oneitis, pursue her if you want. Otherwise, NEXT!

If it goes more than 5 days then I`d call and say something ****y & funny to her or leave a message in the same vein and then let her carry the ball.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Mav,

I have no idea, we spoke last friday for well over 2 hours on the phone. We were to talk again during the weekend. Unfortunately i was not able to call from work. Ended up getting called into the hospital to work. Anyways, it kinda seems that she is either giving me the cold shoulder now and I REALLY have no idea as to why...
I know that she had said that it was a really busy time of year, but is a phone call too much to ask for? Anyways, I caved in and called her today, looks like someone from work was screening her calls, i was transfered to her voicemail. I pretty much let her know that I was getting the feeling that she was avoiding me. I then told her I was just calling to see how she had been feeling since she had thrown out her back earlier last week. But oh well, I guess there is not much I can do about that....If I do contact her again, it will probably be either the 24 or the 25 to wish her and her family a merry christmas...There is no gift involved since i have not had any contact with her lately....but you never know when a lone rose might find its way to her work place, heck maybe even her house..

Opinions regarding my sorry a$$ self?

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheMig
Thanks Mav,

I have no idea, we spoke last friday for well over 2 hours on the phone. We were to talk again during the weekend. Unfortunately i was not able to call from work. Ended up getting called into the hospital to work. Anyways, it kinda seems that she is either giving me the cold shoulder now and I REALLY have no idea as to why...
I know that she had said that it was a really busy time of year, but is a phone call too much to ask for? Anyways, I caved in and called her today, looks like someone from work was screening her calls, i was transfered to her voicemail. I pretty much let her know that I was getting the feeling that she was avoiding me. I then told her I was just calling to see how she had been feeling since she had thrown out her back earlier last week. But oh well, I guess there is not much I can do about that....If I do contact her again, it will probably be either the 24 or the 25 to wish her and her family a merry christmas...There is no gift involved since i have not had any contact with her lately....but you never know when a lone rose might find its way to her work place, heck maybe even her house..

Opinions regarding my sorry a$$ self?
TheMig,

Dude, you`re not a sorry a$$, so get off that go nowhere ride right now.

You`re here and this site can help you help yourself. In the end, all men are self-made because of the choices we make and the risks we take. We define ourselves.

This is your time. Invest it well to create your own reality, of which women are only a small part.

I think you shouldn`t have left a message saying that you think she`s avoiding you because now she`s got something on you. Then you asked how she was feeling. Even more ammo against you. No matter, it can`t be undone now, so don`t sweat it. Do better next time.

I personally wouldn`t spend 2 hours talking to a chica on the phone, however if that has helped your game before and gotten you the results you want then continue to run with it.

The other sosuavers will have diverging opinions on the phone game aspect of scoping women, so again, keep doing what`s working for you, otherwise change it up.

If she`s really busy and her interest level is high, then yeah of course she could spare a few minutes to call. If not, then no biggie, because you`ll just bring in more fillies to the fold to qualify. It`s her loss.

In the event that she does contact you, play it sosuave and turn things around on her and get her to chase you.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Mav,

Thanks for your words of wisdom. I'm not sure what is going on. Since i'm the scientific type of person, I ALWAYS tend to overa analyze EVERYTHING. I guess that I was just going through a rough spot. I'm not calling anymore, but thought it would be classy if I just text to her phone a merry christmas on the 25th. Not sure if that is ok, but I just feel that it is a nice little gesture on my end.
Thanks for pretty much slapping me and getting me back into reality. I don't know, since i have started hanging out at this forum, I have found that my social skills have become better and I've actually been more open and adventursome. Think I still need some work on some areas but that is something that comes with time.
My next question for you is, What are some techniques that DJ 's use to turn the table on women? Get them to chase you rather then Dog chase Cat. Pretty much a mixture of mystery and simplicty has always helped my game. Not to mention, natural chivalry. Oh well....The good news is that one of the past girls (HB8) has contacted me just to talk...Unfortunatly, her dad has just passed away. So needless to say, I'm treading carefully there, msging her to let her know that I'm there for anything that she needs, but also giving her the necessary space to spend with family and loved ones...So much for One-it-is..

MiG

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TheMig
Mav,

Thanks for your words of wisdom. I'm not sure what is going on. Since i'm the scientific type of person, I ALWAYS tend to overa analyze EVERYTHING. I guess that I was just going through a rough spot. I'm not calling anymore, but thought it would be classy if I just text to her phone a merry christmas on the 25th. Not sure if that is ok, but I just feel that it is a nice little gesture on my end.
Thanks for pretty much slapping me and getting me back into reality. I don't know, since i have started hanging out at this forum, I have found that my social skills have become better and I've actually been more open and adventursome. Think I still need some work on some areas but that is something that comes with time.
My next question for you is, What are some techniques that DJ 's use to turn the table on women? Get them to chase you rather then Dog chase Cat. Pretty much a mixture of mystery and simplicty has always helped my game. Not to mention, natural chivalry. Oh well....The good news is that one of the past girls (HB8) has contacted me just to talk...Unfortunatly, her dad has just passed away. So needless to say, I'm treading carefully there, msging her to let her know that I'm there for anything that she needs, but also giving her the necessary space to spend with family and loved ones...So much for One-it-is..

MiG
TheMig,

Thanks for the compliment. I`ll try to live up to being the wise guy. Sorry, couldn`t resist the double entendre.

Yeah, I hear what you`re saying. I too was overly analytical and technical, once upon a time, when it came to women. In fact, if you`ve read the article by David D entitled, "Why Very Intelligent Men Fail with Women", it`s as if it was written for me. If you haven`t read the article, it`s on the opening webpage of sosuave.

I`m not saying that I`m intelligent or anything, it`s just that I couldn`t figure out why I couldn`t figure out women and the article is exceptional in explaining the kind of mental road block I was placing in front of myself at the time.

You pretty much have it down as far as turning the tables goes. I would add challenge and push & pull to keep the girl off-balance (meaning 2 steps forward and 1 step back). Adding this to what you`ve already mentioned - mystery & simplicity and natural charm (which is very powerful and effective because it is natural, and I know because I have the same quality. I could tell you some stories about that).

The HB8 situation requires some care because you want to balance the sympathetic shoulder good guy "friend" role with the attractive guy role. Overdoing either would ruin it until the girl gets past the mourning stage of her father`s death. I`d say give her LOTS of room, downplay the DJ stuff so it`s subtle but don`t stop DJìng her and above all don`t think too much about it. If your gut instincts aren`t telling you to stop then don`t.

Sometimes you`ve got to fly by the seat of your pants and discover what you can do and what you`ve got. That`s what helped me. Just going out there and doing approaches and trying different things, etc.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Amen Mav.,

Know what you mean about flying off the seat of your pants. The good thing is that I'm trying not to let the past get to me. So what am I doing you ask? Well, for starters, I'm doing more cold approaches and sharpening my flirting skills with other women. Dividing my attention between women is allowing me to forge ahead and not think twice about what has happened in the past. Don't get me wrong, I do remember the past and I use it to learn from my mistakes.
Come to think of it, most of the women that I have dated are the type that do not seem to like chasing on their part. What I have probs is turning the tables and well, I guess time and practice is the only thing that will help. I got a phone call from the bartender from a few posts back to see if I was around town to have a few drinks. Needless to say, i had to decline...Had a pounding headache and knew that I would have shot myself in the foot if i had of gone out. But whatever it is that I'm doing with her is what I need to figure out and apply to other women...

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMig,

Excellent strategy. Nothing like getting out there and earning your stripes.

You know yourself well. Some would go out when they knew their game was off and then complain about it later. As long as it isn`t fear or self-doubt, taking a night off from approaching the ladies is a welcome break sometimes.

Cheers,
Mav