Red flags or not?

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, hows all going...

Here is my perdicament....

Last friday I was at a VIP party at a local Bar/club. Was being sponsered by Stanton and Native Instruments. ( I'm an Ex-DJ) Anyways, was chillin with my friends and just having a good time like I normally do. And you know if your having a good time with your bros, you'll attrack women most of the time.

Anyways, went over to give some props to one of my Djs from that night that was spinning...There was this girl there trying to hit up on him....and well, since he was in the middle of mixing, you can't just stop and take care of business. So I ended up working the girl for my friend. Made her grab his ass and all, you know getting her more and more interested in him....anyways, she asked me more about him and i kept up the good rapport to back up my boy ( you know, ala wingman). We started talking about schooling and other things, when she found out that I had my minor in Math she just flipped. At that point i figured i should bail STAT since the table was starting to turn. I booked out of there and left her with my friend. But by then, I think it was too late.

Jump to 15 mins later, she's calling me and i respond but stay away from her. I'm not the kind of guy to bust in on my friends play. Saw that the coast was clear and went back to see my buddy. We were talking and he asked why I didn't move on her....so pretty much he gave me the go ahead. Next thing you know, she is all up on me. Telling all that she is going to be my wife. Making out every second that I give her the oppertunity to.. She is also VERY trashed...I could have taken her home but she was beyond trashed. Anyways, we traded numbers and that was that....

I get a call 2 days later after shes all better from her hangover and says that she really digs me and wants to go out with me. I'm like cool. I'm wondering she will be more interesting with out the alcohol. Well she is, but on the FIRST date since I'm picking her up, I end up meeting the parents (side note: her age= 31....5 years post divorce...no kids....Investment broker for a REALLY nice firm...after divorce, moved back with parents for moral support). I'm not sure how to interpret that...then she is VERY touchy feely and says she is not normally like that with people, but that she see's more in me than just a friend.

Well, on the first date, we ended up going to her Girlfriends house for a b-day dinner. SO in the same date I meet both her "in" friends and her parents where she normally would not do that.

I'm trying to figure out why I'm having red flags go up....I mean I feel WAY too comfortable. I enjoy being with her. She knows that I want to take it slow. I'm kinda getting tired of the one nighters. But am afraid that I'm falling for her and don't know what to do. Its been about 3 years since my last LTR that lasted 5 years. I kinda had flash backs of my EX when i would start making out with her. Don't get me wrong, she is one hell of a girl. hotter than hot and smart as a whip. But I just am very confused because up till now, I had my game going and well, i'm guessing that I'm in shock that she gave into me that hard. So you can say that I'm in awe that she wants MUCH MUCH more with me than just a friend.

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated..

MiG

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
her biological clock is ticking and shes desperate to land a man, get married again, and have kids.

she's into you, you have common interests, you fit the bill ... so she wants to rush things along and see whether or not your the guy. if you aren't, then she'll next you. she doesnt have time to waste. she needs to find a guy asap. probably wants to be married and having kids within the next year.

with regards to the parents and friends. dual purpose....

1) shes getting her parents and friends opinions of you. she probably doesnt trust herself after the divorce, so now relies on the opinions of those closest to her "Is he a good guy?"
2) she's sucking you deep into her life. once again, hoping to quickly establish a deep relationship so she can judge whether you are baby making material.

dangerous situation man, because this chic, if she decides you are the one, will do everything to please you to your hearts content. she will bang your brains out, cook you breakfast lunch and dinner, whatever she has to in order to get you to marry her (or at least impregnate her multiple times).

but once she gets what she wants, 2 or 3 years down the road, you'll see the REAL her. and maybe the real her will be a great fantastic woman, or maybe it wont. point being you won't know until you know.

but my take on all this is she's just another desperate 30 something woman who realizes that she's in the 4th quarter and the games almost over. She's got about 4-5 more years where she can safely and realistically have kids.

so figuring even during a whirlwind romance, she's gotta spent at least 6 months getting to know a guy, and given that she probably wants 2 kids (which will take 2 years of being pregnant to do), she's got about 2.5 years to land a guy.

that may sound like a lot, but when 31 years have gone by and you've yet to land a quality man, they panick big time.

women in their 30s are tricky as hell. better off landing the ones in the 25-29 year range. they haven't flipped out and will be more honest with you - versus doing everythign in their power to hook you for marriage.

just my 2 cents.
J

GirlCrazy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, she's certainly not being much of a challenge, and that's a red flag. Why is she so quick to give away the farm? Why is she so clingy? Someone with their sh!t together shouldn't be acting so desperate. Maybe joekerr31 is right - her clock is ticking, and she's on the prowl.

Maybe if you can get her to slow down, and chill out she might be worth it, but it's certainly a bit early in the game to focus on her alone. Getting oneitis over a chica that's in desperation mode is a recipe for disaster.

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guyz,

Well, what can I say. I had ended up going out. Meet her Parents for like 3 minutes and booked it out of the house. Got to her friends place and well, she did give me my space. She was not at all clingy at the dinner, but she was doing the whole "he's with me activities". (ie asking how i was, if I needed anything, bringing me wine, introducing me to other people) Not that I needed introduction. I'm pretty good when it comes to social interactions, but it was a much more calm and repectable version of her during that dinner. The conversation was really casual and there were no appearent warning signs that I could sense. Sure there was the occasional stolen peck on the check and other subtle little things. But other than that, some of the red flags that were up started to go down. I don't know, kinda seemed that the alcohol made her loosen up a bit too much..and as you all know, alcohol IS the elixar of truth...

Although all was kewl that night, there was no pressure for anything which leads me to think about Joeker's post about playing the game until i fall. I don't like being paranoid but it does create for an interesting mystery. Do you guys have any ideas about any other things or dates I can try to get a more in depth image of her? Personally, I was thinking about taking her to dinner where I usually go for my happy hour drinks ( about 2-3 times a week) EVERYONE there knows me and since they are ALL women, i kinda figured that they MIGHT be able to shed some light on the situation. Any other suggestions?

MiG

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by joekerr31
her biological clock is ticking and shes desperate to land a man, get married again, and have kids.

she's into you, you have common interests, you fit the bill ... so she wants to rush things along and see whether or not your the guy. if you aren't, then she'll next you. she doesnt have time to waste. she needs to find a guy asap. probably wants to be married and having kids within the next year.

with regards to the parents and friends. dual purpose....

1) shes getting her parents and friends opinions of you. she probably doesnt trust herself after the divorce, so now relies on the opinions of those closest to her "Is he a good guy?"
2) she's sucking you deep into her life. once again, hoping to quickly establish a deep relationship so she can judge whether you are baby making material.

dangerous situation man, because this chic, if she decides you are the one, will do everything to please you to your hearts content. she will bang your brains out, cook you breakfast lunch and dinner, whatever she has to in order to get you to marry her (or at least impregnate her multiple times).

but once she gets what she wants, 2 or 3 years down the road, you'll see the REAL her. and maybe the real her will be a great fantastic woman, or maybe it wont. point being you won't know until you know.

but my take on all this is she's just another desperate 30 something woman who realizes that she's in the 4th quarter and the games almost over. She's got about 4-5 more years where she can safely and realistically have kids.

so figuring even during a whirlwind romance, she's gotta spent at least 6 months getting to know a guy, and given that she probably wants 2 kids (which will take 2 years of being pregnant to do), she's got about 2.5 years to land a guy.

that may sound like a lot, but when 31 years have gone by and you've yet to land a quality man, they panick big time.

women in their 30s are tricky as hell. better off landing the ones in the 25-29 year range. they haven't flipped out and will be more honest with you - versus doing everythign in their power to hook you for marriage.

just my 2 cents.
J
Ok, fellow DJ's this is where the term "real life" comes in. Girls in the 20-29 range are smack dab in the middle of their "party years" They want to play. They want to f**k as many men as humanly possible, and the reason for this is "they are in no big hurry" for anything, but a new d**k inside them, on a weekly, or in some cases, daily basis. "More honest with you" I beg to differ. Women in this age group want to hit Da Clubs, and have some fun, they do NOT want to be tied down to a man, or a relationship for that matter (for the most part, most of them dont, but there are some who do want an actual relationship) Women in this time slot want to taste the water of many different streams, and love to play games.

This 31 year old divorcee, sounds great. IF she has taken care of herself physically, (You made out with her, so I assume she is hott) and she is interested, isnt that better than hanging with an "Attention *****" or a sexually addicted "f**k buddy" 24 year old woman who will f**k you on Tuesday, and then the bouncer at the nightclub on Thursday, when you are calling her on her cell?

Go easy, use condoms, and do her for all she is worth. If at some point she is pushing marriage, you can back off, or get back in the rat race known as the dating scene. But enjoy it, live for the moment, if there is chemistry, why not enjoy each other, if you dont, I guarantee you there are three men who will gladly get with her, if she is 1/2 way attractive.

DonJuanMonk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it, if you take care of yourself and keep yourself on priority, should be a-ok.

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dinner, No?

I don't think dinner is going to provide any sort of an insight. You will just get prerehearsed material.

Do you have access to some children (perhaps a relatives children) who you can borrow for a while. Maybe take them on an outing or something. Try and select some tough ones, maybe whiney anklebiters with social problems or surly teenagers.

Then observe how she deals with them. It is common for women to test men by observing them with their friends/family. But men rarely seem to do the same to women. You have already had to put up with meeting her friends. Whether you intend to reproduce or not, this would be a good exercise as children are nature's way of teaching people humility. If she doesn't like the idea, too bad. Also, if as JoeKerr suggests she plans to use you for reproduction, the situation might draw out some discussion of this.

There is nothing wrong with an LTR, if used correctly. But there is one telltale remark in your story which is extremely worrying. You should not be thinking of a previous partner when you are with her. This in my view is abnormal and warrants further investigation. Either you are seeking to reconstruct a previous relationship or have some residual problems from it, which may later emerge.

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Red flags or not?!

LOL, more like big yellow trucks with their sirens wailing and coming right at you.

Ok, let`s break this down.

Originally posted by TheMig
Well she is, but on the FIRST date since I'm picking her up, I end up meeting the parents
You picked her up at her place and her parents answered the door? If not, I`ll presume that she went out of her way to introduce you to them. Yeah, a huge no-no on a first date.

Well, on the first date, we ended up going to her Girlfriends house for a b-day dinner. SO in the same date I meet both her "in" friends and her parents where she normally would not do that.
Another huge faux pas. You don`t introduce anyone on the first date to your good friends and yes, normally NO ONE does this.

I'm trying to figure out why I'm having red flags go up....I mean I feel WAY too comfortable. I enjoy being with her. She knows that I want to take it slow. I'm kinda getting tired of the one nighters. But am afraid that I'm falling for her and don't know what to do. Its been about 3 years since my last LTR that lasted 5 years. I kinda had flash backs of my EX when i would start making out with her.
What`s to figure out? Your instincts are telling you that something`s up. Listen to your gut-level reaction. Pay heed to this.

Also, it sounds like you`re lonely and want to be in an LTR. The statement about flashbacks of your EX while making out with this one seem to lead credence to that.

This woman is moving WAY too fast. If you really think that there`s some potential here, you have to slam on the brakes, pop the drag chute, and pace it properly.

I think that if things do go the right way after you start pacing it, then certainly introduce her to your friends and family, but only after she`s shown you that she`s worth being introduced to the inner circle.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I've taken everything into consideration. It's kinda funny because I ended up going out to dinner with her a few days ago. This is After the whole Meet the friends/parents thing. Just wanted to give you more insight.

It was her Parents that Answered the door and it wasn't more than 3 minutes that I was there with them. So I'm not going to read into that too in depth. The friends thing is a different thing altogether. Any which way, like several of you have said, I'm just taking it easy and letting things flow naturally.

Well, we went to dinner a few nights ago and all seemed to go pretty good. I'll just sum up what happened. I had planned to go to a little dive restaurant downtown here....when she foundout where it was, she asked me very politely if we could go somewhere else. It turns out that her Ex is a regular there and according to her she did not want to subject me to him. personally i thought that was pretty cool of her to do that. Although I'm not the paranoid type, i kinda wondered why she did not want to subject me to that....maybe i'm reading too much into it.

So we ended up going to some restaurant that we had never been to. All I can say is that it was almost like she had reverted back to Jr. high (middle) school. She was all giggly and laughing. But with no alcohol. Kinda reminded me of puppy love and it really surprised me for a women of her kind to be like that. 31y divorced Investment Broker and here she is acting like this. There was no pressure and no convers of red alarm topics.

This time I had not picked her up at her place. She didn't want me to have to go too far out of my way that night since i had to be at work by 6AM the next morning. So we choose a place to meet up at and we would go in my car from there. Well, at the end of the night when I went back to her car, all smooth, nothing too bad. Several kisses exchanged before we parted....not even a few mins later, i get a call on my cell from her saying that she just wanted to keep me company while we drove to our respective homes...Needless to say, we talked on the phone that night until almost 3:30AM. Boy was i screwed at work the next day.

So guys, thanks for all of your insight. I think all is going well...not sure yet when we'll be going out again...she says that she wants to go out but she needs to see her doc asap. Looks like she is on the Depo shot and when it starts getting to the date that she gets it, she starts getting way too emotional. So could that be a reason for the clingyness or the alarms I had going on when I meet her? even though, through this time, i have not detected any change in her style, but who knows what will happen after she gets it.....as always, i leave it in the hands of the Master Don Juans here to guide me.....

SAYNO

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I've taken everything into consideration. It's kinda funny because I ended up going out to dinner with her a few days ago. This is After the whole Meet the friends/parents thing. Just wanted to give you more insight.

It was her Parents that Answered the door and it wasn't more than 3 minutes that I was there with them. So I'm not going to read into that too in depth. The friends thing is a different thing altogether. Any which way, like several of you have said, I'm just taking it easy and letting things flow naturally.

Well, we went to dinner a few nights ago and all seemed to go pretty good. I'll just sum up what happened. I had planned to go to a little dive restaurant downtown here....when she foundout where it was, she asked me very politely if we could go somewhere else. It turns out that her Ex is a regular there and according to her she did not want to subject me to him. personally i thought that was pretty cool of her to do that. Although I'm not the paranoid type, i kinda wondered why she did not want to subject me to that....maybe i'm reading too much into it.

So we ended up going to some restaurant that we had never been to. All I can say is that it was almost like she had reverted back to Jr. high (middle) school. She was all giggly and laughing. But with no alcohol. Kinda reminded me of puppy love and it really surprised me for a women of her kind to be like that. 31y divorced Investment Broker and here she is acting like this. There was no pressure and no convers of red alarm topics.

This time I had not picked her up at her place. She didn't want me to have to go too far out of my way that night since i had to be at work by 6AM the next morning. So we choose a place to meet up at and we would go in my car from there. Well, at the end of the night when I went back to her car, all smooth, nothing too bad. Several kisses exchanged before we parted....not even a few mins later, i get a call on my cell from her saying that she just wanted to keep me company while we drove to our respective homes...Needless to say, we talked on the phone that night until almost 3:30AM. Boy was i screwed at work the next day.

So guys, thanks for all of your insight. I think all is going well...not sure yet when we'll be going out again...she says that she wants to go out but she needs to see her doc asap. Looks like she is on the Depo shot and when it starts getting to the date that she gets it, she starts getting way too emotional. So could that be a reason for the clingyness or the alarms I had going on when I meet her? even though, through this time, i have not detected any change in her style, but who knows what will happen after she gets it.....as always, i leave it in the hands of the Master Don Juans here to guide me.....

So far so good.

Please keep us posted! :up:

Sayno'

ElChoclo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Technically, you have broken the DJ code with an excessively long phone call.

You seem overly obsessed with her occupation. You should ask yourself what the significance of this is to you. Because she giggles this is not within your concept of her job description. Lots of them were probably giggling after the 1987 market crash. You s

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to clear some things up..

Personally I don't think that an hour long phone call was excessively long. I mean the bars here in Arizona close down at 2AM and by the time that we left and I had helped one of my DiscJockey's clean up, it was closer to 2:30. And since we both live approx 15 miles from the bar we were at, it was a good 20-30 min drive with all the cops that were around..

Choclo, Her occupation has nothing to do with my opinion with her. True, it does let you into some of her likes and her personality. But in reality, if your into the person, the job shouldn't matter at all. Even if she was a cashier at a grocery store or a server at Starbucks, the relation that I was attempting to establish is that when someone thinks of a professional in that line of work, usually a calm and stern person is what comes to mind. Well, at least in my mind thats what I imagine. The giggles that I was refering to was being related to that of a young innocent school girl. The observation that I was making is that I felt that she was really letting her guard down. As in being her true self and not pretending anything. Seems to me that she is leaving herself quite vulnerable to what ever can happen, and that was an enlightening experience. Not very many women let their guard down like that very often.

And just for the record, I spoke to her last night and have not spoken to her since then. ( I'm in Arizona in the US, currently it is wednesday in the wee hours of the morning, last spoken to her was Monday at around 8pm) I usually let 1-2 days pass before I attempt contact again. Don't know why, but just feels like it is the perfect medium. Not too laid back about it, but at the same time not to overwhelming. Now I'm wondering where we should go to next time. Any ideas? Anyways, I'll keep posting the rest of the saga as the adventure unfolds...

MiG

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
TheMig,

When you say she`s on the "Depo" shot, do you mean she`s on medication to treat depression?

If so, is it because of a chemical imbalance or is it psychological or both?

The reason I`m asking is that at one time I was seeing a woman that was depressed (it came out later) for psychological reasons and I stuck around because I genuinely liked her and wanted to help.

Holy f#ck, what a roller coaster ride that was. Needless to say we`re not together and yeah, she`s probably still depressed.

So, if you want to deal with her depression and can make a difference then it`s your call, otherwise get the hell out because it can get hairy. Find out and decide.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maverick001
TheMig,

When you say she`s on the "Depo" shot, do you mean she`s on medication to treat depression?

Maverick: The Depo shot is a for of birth controll here in the USA. Unlike the common 1 pill a day system or the patch system. There is a system that consists of a liquified emusion which is injected into the women every 3 months ( quarterly) and basically maintains the coverage for the whole 3 months without having to rely on pills or patchs. The only draw back is that when you get to the point that it is almost time for the next shot, the whole hormonal rollercoaster comes in. This would include the hot flashes, the excessive emotions, sometimes even some psychological changes but thats not very common.

The reason I know all about all of this is that I pretty much have worked in the the pharmacy field for almost 10 years. Worked in Trauma, Cardiology, Pediatrics, and right now I specialize in Oncology ( Cancer treatment). Unfortunately, Cancer has alot of hormones that are involved so it is a given that I need to have knowledge about it. Any questions that you guys might have in this dept. I'm more than happy to shed light on...

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Maverick001
TheMig,

Maverick: The Depo shot is a for of birth controll here in the USA. Unlike the common 1 pill a day system or the patch system. There is a system that consists of a liquified emusion which is injected into the women every 3 months ( quarterly) and basically maintains the coverage for the whole 3 months without having to rely on pills or patchs. The only draw back is that when you get to the point that it is almost time for the next shot, the whole hormonal rollercoaster comes in. This would include the hot flashes, the excessive emotions, sometimes even some psychological changes but thats not very common.

The reason I know all about all of this is that I pretty much have worked in the the pharmacy field for almost 10 years. Worked in Trauma, Cardiology, Pediatrics, and right now I specialize in Oncology ( Cancer treatment). Unfortunately, Cancer has alot of hormones that are involved so it is a given that I need to have knowledge about it. Any questions that you guys might have in this dept. I'm more than happy to shed light on...
Phew! Ok, that`s cool. If "Depo" is available in Canada, I don`t know about it. Cross-border misunderstanding about pharmaceuticals.

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Maverick,

No prob man, the complete name of the med is " Depo-Provera"

Actually, it's a pretty decent anti-contraceptive. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know...

MiG

PS- she called today to talk, The 2 day rule still stands guys...anyways, Anyone have tips about overcoming "oneitis" ???

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree about having more than one around since all it does is distribute the attention time between all the girls...

There is a bartender that I had been working on for a couple of weeks. Had gone out twice but just kept it simple...you know, lunch, movies, out in groups of people.....the other night she caught wind from a friend of mine that I had gone out on a date with this other girl and that I had had a great time. Needless to say, the girl that they were talking about is the one that caused me to start this thread.

Anyways, the bartender has invited me to go out three times already, the second 2 were just the 2 of us. The first was on Tuesday, and we just talked and then she asked for my advice on this guy that had asked her out. By now I'm thinking that I had crossed over to the dark side and just being on her friend side....Regardless, i figure that its better to have the option open than to close the door altogether..She then proceded to tell me that this guy had invited her to go out. She was saying that she didn't know if she did want to go out with him. He had been touchy feely with her at the bar the other night. She claimed that if they were in another place, she would have been ok with it. I just told her that she had to do what she felt was right. Well, the plan was for her to go out with this guy last night. Fast foward to yesterday morning, she says she had just canceled on him claiming that she was having that time of month....it was a bunch of bull...
During this call she invites me to go with her bar hopping. Couldn't help but wonder how her mind could go to such extremes. We had fun, talked to alot of people, drank WAY TOO much but overall, Nothing happened but it is interesting how the female mind changes when there is another in the horizon. This being the Thread starter...

Wonder how long this is going to keep going before I have to decide on which one I want to persue. But thanks to all you guys, the advice that you all give here has really turned my game completely around. Alot of people have noticed....

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thats one of the coolest things in life...

you see a chic, she blows you away. i mean, she's the living embodiment of everything you could ever want in a woman. you talk to her, wow, she's even more amazing than you thought. shes too good to be true.

you get oneitis. you ask her out. she declines, she has a boyfriend. you sulk. you pick yourself back up. you start chatting with other women. you meet hot sexy funny women. time goes by.

you think about the chic you had oneitis for and suddenly shes a different person.
now you see her ass was a little big, her eyelashes a bit thick, her boobs kind of unpronounced, etc. and you wonder why in the world you ever got oneitis over this girl in the first place. she's still attractive, but no longer makes you want to run through a pit of stinging scorpions to be with her.

and this is why women, no matter how gorgeous they are, are insecure. becuase every gorgeous woman has had a man fall all over her like a puppy who jumps all over his master... only for the guy in six to 12 months to begin to see her in the light or reality and dump her *ss or start treating her like crap.

its an interesting phenomena how we can see the same thing is such vastly different light all depending on what we want to see.

J

Maverick001

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Maverick,

No prob man, the complete name of the med is " Depo-Provera"

Actually, it's a pretty decent anti-contraceptive. Let me know if there is anything else you would like to know...

MiG

PS- she called today to talk, The 2 day rule still stands guys...anyways, Anyone have tips about overcoming "oneitis" ???
TheMig,

Ok, since you`re offering, how effective is this "Depo-Provera" on a percentage basis? Also, any side effects, other than the woman getting hammered by a hormone tsunami coming up on the end of a dose?

As far as your question about one-itis goes, the other sosuavers have given you solid advice and I`ll add that the whole point of having multiple fillies in your corral to qualify is so that you can take YOUR time to decide who`s most worthy of your manly attention and feelings and not get suckered into it because you think the one your seeing really should be the only one.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers,
Mav

TheMig

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Mav,

First off, thanks for the 2 cents. Trust me when i say that I take all the advice to heart. It's been a rather interesting 2-3 weeks.

Anyways, as for your question:

Depo is effective in a 97-99% effectiveness in preventing pregnancy. Although it does not contain Estrogen, it is a type of progesterone which mimics the females natural hormones. Basically what it does, it mimics the hormone which is released when the female is ovulating. Thus, the female body "believes" that the menstral cycle is still going when in fact the menstral cycle has actually halted. Pretty much a girl can have either no more periods or excessively long periods. But what does happen is that the girl only has between 3-4 shots in a year (every 3 months) which provides a so called protection against pregnancy. Pretty much, after 24 hours post injection, the girl has protection against pregnancy. The nice thing is that there is no patch to apply or medication to take daily. The draw back is the emotional rollercoaster that the female tends to go on when the 3 month period is near the end, the hormones start acting up and then it's time for the next shot.

Overall, the Depo shot is nice since you don't have to worry about it very often, but the drawback is that there is a history of bone decay. As well as an increased chance of blood clots if there is a history of smoking in the female. Others can include the same standard secondary effects that are present when taking any other form of anti-contreceptive. Including hot flashes, mood swings when still adjusting to the hormonal therapy, and other misc effects..

Mav, hope i answered all pretty decently..

PS- On a side note, when should one start wondering what is up with the girl? its been almost 3 days and have not heard from her. Called today and left a msg. I know that she is going to be super busy right now but does anyone know what the rule of thumb is for length of time between contact?