Recovering Interest Level

las_w

Don Juan
Reaction score
Friends, is recovering Interest Level really impossible? (I've read a couple post regarding the idea, but not directly related to me, so I'm asking)

Me and my girlfriend of one year almost broke up last night, and I noticed that my Power was gone (I hope you know what I mean)

I felt weak and disgusting (but never mind that right now)

I am going to follow some of the advice in the "Once a girl has 'lost respect' for you, can you save it?" thread.

Basicly, WHAT do I do to rekindle Interest Level in this Long-Term relationship? Step by Step if you can please.

You don't know how I appreaciate the advice. (For example, a specifice post, a part of the D.J. Bible, Weapons of Mass seduction, or even better, Real World experience would be immensly helpful right now.) Thank You.

P.S.

I KNOW this is AFC. I want to know how to get back the power I already had as recent as a couple weeks ago.

P.S.S.

If you want to know the back ground, just ask (I was trying to keep this post short), but for a quick reference, my experience (the females reaction) is similar enough to the response in the "Once a girl has 'lost respect' for you, can you save it?" thread. But if you want mine just ask. Thank You

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You've given this girl way too much power over you; you should feel disgusted... with yourself! The only way you're going to be able to regain power is by not caring as much as she does about the relationship. It's that simple... however, you apparently seem to care about this thing between you and her more than life itself, which sets you at a decided disadvantage. Oh, and the not caring can't be faked either - too easy to tell - it has to be genuine, though there is always the motto "fake it till you make it"...

One of the things you'll learn in one of your speech courses in college regarding interpersonal relationships is that "Whoever cares the least about the relationship, has the most power".

For required reading, I'd suggest Pook's "Be a Man", which from the sounds of it might be a step in the right direction for you.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16903

las_w

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Diablo, dude, you know what? Everything you said was accurate...EVERYTHING.

(Logically I think a certain way, really. But my emotions are running/ruining me, man.)

You're ignoring advice is perfect. She called me about 10min. ago saying she'll be at certain place to sleep (Long week and day, which is true in this case) I told her cool, I'll tak to her tomorrow, and hung-up (Somewhere I read that never be the first to say "I Love you", etc. so I applied that here.

She called me back 5min. later, and her first word were "I love you" Sounds great right! Well in those 5 min, I had to damn near NAIL my hand to the table to not call her back and take her out for dinner (I was like "Shiit, okay, just do the opposite of what I'd normally do). Dude, I was SPAZZING.

But when she called back, I was cool and calm, and she said she'll call me tonight (probably to fvuk)

I was STUNNED.... I couldn't believe this worked...and that's when I came back and read your reply Diablo.

Man. I gotta read Pooks post and start from the bottom huh?

Thanks Bro. I appreciate it.

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What you have to realize is that you shouldn't be looking for a series of 'tricks' or 'techniques' to help deal with your specific problem.

This has nothing to do with readjusting or 'unlearning' some circumstantial type of behaviour (like laying more kino or C and F etc)....this is all about CHANGING THE WAY YOU THINK.

Damn right you have a lot of research ahead of you. That, and a lot of application. You're going to completely transform your relationship with your girlfriend, and that's all going to start by firstly changing yourself and gaining a little much needed perspective about this girl, this relationship and how it applies to your life.

Good luck and great move finding this forum BTW.

tactic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
anything is possible