Recommend me a hairstyle? (with pics)

cococrispy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,
I am 16 years old, and I have never found a great hairstyle.
Here are pics:

Last year: http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/6219/sophmorepic.png
Today: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6791/img20101028221000.jpg

-I don't want long hair
-I go to a Catholic school, so it can't be too weird

I got a terrible haircut about a week ago.
I want suggestions for a new hairstyle for me.
I know like nothing about hair, so any other advice would be great (also give a pic if you are describing something so I know what you are talking about).

Thanks

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
That suggestion would definately be far better than your current hair.

And in a few years you will be able to grow the stuble too!

cordoncordon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cococrispy said:
Oh sorry, I had to delete those links. Here are the pics again (I don't think I can edit my first post):

Recently taken pic: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/2971/realone.jpg
Pic taken last year: http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6219/sophmorepic.png

someone suggested I do: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_9Zf_P9g6c...AC38/2pVhox77egk/s800/male+short+haircuts.jpg
I would either grow it long and shaggy or go with that new style that someone suggested to you-that's a nice cut (kinda like mine).

Either way, gotta be better than that Beatles bowl haircut you are sporting now bro. Get rid of that NOW. :)

realtalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah dude, get rid of that flat hair and buy some hair wax

you'll look way better with your hair either swept back or if you want something more edgy go for a faux-hawk look

cococrispy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies,
I am wondering though- I go to a Catholic school, and the dress code regarding hair says:

Students' hair is to be neatly styled and clean at all times. Concerning the length of hair, extremes are to be avoided. Shaven heads, punk-style haircut, designer lines or haircuts, braided hair, or hair long enough to cover the ears, be tucked behind the ears or go over the back of the shirt collar are not permitted. The coloration or highlighting of hair is not permitted.
So... would that link of the pic of that haircut (of that guy) be against what the dress code says about hair?
Also, if I was to do this style, how would I maintain it every day? Using hair wax to make it look like that?

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, hit the gym dude. Hair looks good.

Your mom doesn't like it because she's your mom. Moms tend to want their sons to be "nice boys", and that's not a "nice boy" haircut.

Go get 'em

cococrispy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for your opinions.
It sucks that I am so skinny, so I agree about that part. I have been working out for the past month and a half (at my school), and I am going to keep doing it.

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cococrispy said:
Thanks for your opinions.
It sucks that I am so skinny, so I agree about that part. I have been working out for the past month and a half (at my school), and I am going to keep doing it.
Think of being skinny as a good thing, because you will have the ability to compare yourself a year from now and see progress, and start seeing how people react to you differently.

Keep working out, keep improving yourself. This is a lifelong process that never stops. Make it a habit; you will never get to the point where you're "perfect" and have to stop working out and improving yourself.

Good luck!

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nygard said:
You're 16. Don't hit the gym yet. Give it time.
^ What he said. Avoid the heavy weights. If you can feel pressure in your bones, the weight is way too damn heavy. You're still growing. I didn't hit the heavy stuff until I was in university.

If I were you: track and field, martial arts, physical labor... build a house or something. Just get in shape and do exercise. If you hit the weights now it WILL stunt your weight. I know a few people from high school that always did heavy stuff in the gym. They didn't grow too much past high school. Shorter than the parents too.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Your new hair style is pretty good. You could also get some gel and experiment with something more of a messy look.

As for your build, skinny is fine except for really short guys. As long as you have done decent height to you, try things like running or martial arts or swimming so you can be lean and mean. I can't tell your height but you are probably tall enough to pull off the lean look.

cococrispy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I am 5'10 and I play basketball about like 4 times a week (for my exercise).

Can I at least workout sometimes, but just not do it too much?
I don't do heavy weights because I am already weak to begin with.

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cococrispy said:
I am 5'10 and I play basketball about like 4 times a week (for my exercise).

Can I at least workout sometimes, but just not do it too much?
I don't do heavy weights because I am already weak to begin with.
If you can still play basketball well and go to the gym, chances are you're not hitting the heavy stuff. You should be fine.

Do bodyweight exercises too.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I am a girl, haha, so not that I am an expert... but I think he'd be safe putting some bulk on his arms with pull ups and some medium weight. Then he won't be so weak, and it will give him a good foundation for putting on bulk in a few years.

Also as far as the gel... it is VERY important to understand the concept of less is more! You don't want to look greasy. Just literally a dime sized bit rubbed and warmed in your hands, then rubbed over your hair, should be perfect.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course your mom doesn't like it, after all she did your haircut before (right?).
Yeah, my mom used to tell me how nice I looked and how I would be popular with the girls because I'm so nice. Well, you can guess the rest ;)

But congrats, with the hairstyle your looks went from "nerdy and awful, run away" to "normal, maybe cool? lets find out".

Gaucho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Your new hair style is pretty good. You could also get some gel and experiment with something more of a messy look.
Def do the messy look.

To do it well, next haircut ask them to give it heaps of texture so you can go for the messy look.

Then when you apply the gel, use a little, rub it in your hands and start at the bottom at the back just above your neck, now rub both hands in circles up the back of your head. Repeat that on the sides. Then on top. Each of the 3 times (back, sides and then top) applying a little gel and rubbing it into both hands before doing the circular motions. This is a little trick I learnt off a hairdresser who cuts celebrities hair.

You will see, but once it's cut with texture and you apply the gel right, the messy look will give you much more of an 'edge'.

GL kid, you seem like a good dude and the chicks will love the edge the messy look gives you.