Reason why you see moderately attractive to attractive guys with ugly or very avg.

Why are attractive guys with not so attractive women?

• They have been dating awhile and she used to be physically fit.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • The man has a fetish for large women

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • The man has low self esteem

Votes: 32 86.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The answer is obviously simple. The same reason you see all these nerdy white kids with asian girlfriends

THEY ARE THE FIRST GIRLS WHO SHOWED SOME SERIOUS INTEREST IN THEM!

Most of these guys are either afc nice guys/nerdy/have no game/no experience with girls and could never pull an hb 7 or above. When you see a decent looking guy or a nerdy guy with a less than good looking gf or an asian gf 95% of the time it is their first girlfriend. Most of the time it is also the first bf for the asian girl or the not so good looking hb 7 and below gf.

Think of it as virgins hooking up with virgins. In these sort of situations (decent looking guy with girl of a lesser level than him/nerdy guys with asian girls) the girls did a lot if not most of the work when it comes to showing interest and pushing for a relationship because these guys are too nice/afc to the core to have gotten a girl by themselves. The girls in these relationships saw a nice guy on a higher level than themselves and went after them.

JCballin88

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Da Realist said:
I'm not going into the "it shouldn't matter how she/he looks" wonderland, but sometimes it's more about the person than the shape of the person. Having a pulse, a sense of humor, less drama, a good head on her shoulders, being able to do certain things, and a history devoid of certain other things will push a woman to the head of the line faster than a woman with nothing more than a big booty and a smile.

I agree with this. This summer I was seeing a couple of really attractive girls. I moved to a new city from June-August and left town with an HB 8.5 obsessing over me. Things didn't really work out in the long run with us, and part of the reason is because I think she was a bit of an AW who latches on to guys for as long as it takes until she gets bored and finds someone else.

Now that I'm back in a more regular routine at school, I'm trying to be realistic. My college doesn't offer a host of HB options, unfortunately. One of the girls that I've grown attracted to lately is probably not more than a 6.5 on most scales. However, she has a great personality, is one of the few females I met that can expertly handle and dish back my sense of humor/sarcasm. Add the fact that she's got a good head on her shoulders and has priorities set and it stands out to me more than a party girl who just might be looking for attention from every guy in the room.

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the Mood said:
Don't you EVER put words in my mouth.
I did not put words in your mouth, I disagreed with you. Don't say something that's not there.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
I did not put words in your mouth, I disagreed with you. Don't say something that's not there.
Don't start - you know that you rewrote the bottom of my quote.
I won't stand for that sh!t at all. You're welcome to disagree though.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy sh!t!
I just realized that you were talking about yourself!
My apologies man, I had to re-read that and think about it.

Damn this feels so awkward now! haha

OldbutSTRONG

Don Juan
Reaction score
Another reason is because it's so much easier to cheat on uglier chicks when you're the better-looking one.

Also they have the upper hand because the chick is uglier and has to work harder in bed and be nicer.

cffrmw

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's what I would consider to be far more likely scenarios:

1) He has different taste in girls than you do. A lot of the girls I think are hot my friends think are average, and a lot of the ones I think are average they think are hot. I actually read an article once where they did this study, and found that the sweat of people who are genetically dissimilar from you smells better than the sweat of people genetically similar. It's the bodies own, built in method to avoid inbreeding.

2) They started out as friends, he realized she has a really cool personality, and she "became hotter" in his eyes. One of my best friends could easily get with most girls at my college, but he's dating maybe a 7, because personality-wise they are perfect for each other. And he knows he could get someone better looking, but that's not really the most important thing for a lot of people.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Belmar2009 said:
I think there is a HUGE SHORTAGE once women get over 35, because that is where OBESITY is the biggest problem.
Yeah, I think most younger girls are attractive, unless they've let themselves go or they're some sort of mutant.

As for the older women, obesity does often become a problem, taking quite a few of them out of the attractive category. But have you noticed that for a lot of the thin ones their skin starts to really look worn or wrinkly? Look at thinner older women's hands - a lot of them look really gnarled or blueveined. Smoking, drinking, tanning, it all can take a toll. Age is not kind to most females unfortunately. Men age much more gracefully. I guess it's our revenge for not being the hot looking gender when we're younger.

E

Energizer

Mike32ct said:
I don't think women pay attention to slightly good looking guys. In their eyes, you're either hot or not. I would chalk this up to women's ridiculous standards for men.

I'm slightly above average in looks, but not hot. In my experience it gives little or no advantage. A girl who is a 7 is considered doable by many guys. A guy who is a 7 won't attract much female attention unless he has something else going for him like game, money, status, etc. I believe this is why such guys settle.
It's not like men have ridiculous standards women is it?

I'm a 6 on the scale, a 7 at a great push and yet I've attracted hot women in the past.

It's how you carry yourself and present yourself. Confidence is key as it how you present yourself is also key.

E

Energizer

zekko said:
As for the older women, obesity does often become a problem, taking quite a few of them out of the attractive category. But have you noticed that for a lot of the thin ones their skin starts to really look worn or wrinkly? Look at thinner older women's hands - a lot of them look really gnarled or blueveined. Smoking, drinking, tanning, it all can take a toll. Age is not kind to most females unfortunately. Men age much more gracefully. I guess it's our revenge for not being the hot looking gender when we're younger.
Aging is natural, when I'm 50, I doubt I'm gonna care how many wrinkles my f-buddy has, because age gets us all eventually.

everywomanshero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think it has to do with laziness and/or fear.

The guy thinks, well I already landed this one and going out to find someone else would be a lot of work and hey this is easy and comfortable, so **** it Ill just stay with this fatty for a while.

Duffdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OldbutSTRONG said:
Another reason is because it's so much easier to cheat on uglier chicks when you're the better-looking one.

Also they have the upper hand because the chick is uglier and has to work harder in bed and be nicer.
Wow, only one person got it?

The better looking person has all the power, all the time. So, while you may "see" this fat chic with an attractive guy (provided he is not a total loser) my bet is that he can do anything he wants and she will put up with it because she is easily replaceable and he is not.

I have been in this situation before many times, I hang out with a girl less attractive than me and I get to do anything I want including cheat on her and she has to take it for no other reason than I am more desirable than she is. So, its like the more attractive person is doing a favor for the less attractive person by being with them.

But, I don't know any AFC guys, I only know guys who get sh1t done.

nismo-4

Reaction score
From New Orleans, Louisiana to Atlanta, Georgia!!!
horaholic said:
D. They have no game.
E. The woman has something extra special special about her.

I know a rock star that dated this fat girl I know for a year. This rockstar has ZERO trouble pulling 8's and 9's whenever he wants. This fat girl has game, and hooks up with lots of player guys. I dont understand it. I've heard she's not the best in bed either. I have no idea what the rockstar dude saw in her. All of my friends have discussed it. "Why is he dateing HER?!?" She has a cute face, but I just dont get it.
F. The girl's rich.
G. The girl got nice hips.
H. The girl's easier to cheat on.

As for that last paragraph, I'm totally at a loss for words.

martinM.

Don Juan
Reaction score
Looks can only take you so far, that goes for men and women. When you come into yourself, you realize you have other needs and your own personal tastes.

FutureSpartan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
I don't think women pay attention to slightly good looking guys. In their eyes, you're either hot or not. I would chalk this up to women's ridiculous standards for men.

I'm slightly above average in looks, but not hot. In my experience it gives little or no advantage. A girl who is a 7 is considered doable by many guys. A guy who is a 7 won't attract much female attention unless he has something else going for him like game, money, status, etc. I believe this is why such guys settle.

Best answer here. Same boat as you...considered above average in looks but attractive women could care less. Unless you have GQ model looks/hollywood features, you can't rely on your physical attractiveness alone to attract women consistently.

While not discounting the importance of looking your best, many women will still not find you attractive, and those that do will just consider it only a pre-requisite in the grand scheme of the mating dance.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Energizer said:
Aging is natural, when I'm 50, I doubt I'm gonna care how many wrinkles my f-buddy has, because age gets us all eventually.
You might notice I'm almost 50, and I'm not all wrinkly. So it does matter to me. My LTR girlfriend is in her early thirties. There are women my age I would not be physically attracted to because their skin is too leathery. Some other women my age look fine.

The thing about guys is, what they consider attractive does not change a whole heck of a lot as they get older. That's why you hear about the old guy in the nursing home pinching the behinds of the young aides. But you are right, age gets us all eventually - I hate to admit it, but my time is probably coming soon. Hopefully I have at least a few good years left.