Reason why you see moderately attractive to attractive guys with ugly or very avg.

Why are attractive guys with not so attractive women?

• They have been dating awhile and she used to be physically fit.

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • The man has a fetish for large women

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • The man has low self esteem

Votes: 32 86.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Belmar2009

Don Juan
Reaction score
I notice this in decent amounts. A guy who is on the good looking side (not GQ) but moderately attractive or attractive with a woman who is not that attractive. Most of these women aren't that attractive becaus they are moderately overweight or obese.

I scratch my head when I see it, since there is no shortage of attractive women out there.

Here are the possible three reasons I can think of.

What do you think?

women haze

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Big women do it best...believe

Nutz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say it's a blend of A and C. Guy gets girl, girl gets fat, guy has LSE and won't do anything about it for fear of being alone.

12AJ12

Don Juan
Reaction score
As far as my age bracket goes, as a college/university student: I would say C

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Belmar2009 said:
I scratch my head when I see it, since there is no shortage of attractive women out there.
Yes there is. There is a huge shortage, and that plus the fact that men want sex much more than women do gives women an extraordinary amount of power in the dating game.

Belmar2009

Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Yes there is. There is a huge shortage, and that plus the fact that men want sex much more than women do gives women an extraordinary amount of power in the dating game.
You kidding me? I guess a girl has to look like she belongs on the cover of Maxim to be hot?

There is a huge shortage of drop dead gorgeous bombshell type girls,but I think it would be a fair estimate to make that 60-65% of the under 30 female crowd ranges from cute to hot.

I was in NYC once (not even a ritzy area) and saw 40 attractive women IN A ROW, before I saw an ugly or average woman.

I think there is a HUGE SHORTAGE once women get over 35, because that is where OBESITY is the biggest problem.

horaholic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
D. They have no game.
E. The woman has something extra special special about her.

I know a rock star that dated this fat girl I know for a year. This rockstar has ZERO trouble pulling 8's and 9's whenever he wants. This fat girl has game, and hooks up with lots of player guys. I dont understand it. I've heard she's not the best in bed either. I have no idea what the rockstar dude saw in her. All of my friends have discussed it. "Why is he dateing HER?!?" She has a cute face, but I just dont get it.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ugly women are insecure and they seek skill to re-secure themselves. Understandable.

The main reason, as you guys can see, is that these guys have low self-esteem.
They take what they can get, they don't have standards and many of them don't have much experience or don't believe they can pull a stunning looking woman.

Be very careful of what you consider ugly though, because in another man's inner eye he may see wayyy more than you can in a girl.

Relationships aren't primarily about looks. Attraction is. (for guys)

happypcrepair

Banned
Reaction score
In your eyes those girls are ugly. But in the eyes of their men they are different girls.
That's something you would understand when you grow up.

Jitterbug

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My cousin is a fairly good looking guy and is also rich. He used to date beautiful women, including plenty of models. When he got married (and it was like after 2 months knowing the woman) we were shocked to find out that his wife was hideously ugly, with an equally sh!tty personality!

Found out after a few drinking sessions that this guy has weak game, and only got all those hotties he used to date because he was their sugar daddy. He didn't believe he could attract hot women without paying so he decided to marry the only one he's ever managed to attract without flashing cash.

It's too early for anything to happen yet, but we can all see the writings on the wall for him in the near future.

Having said that, there's always that song... "So from a logical point of view, marry a woman uglier than you!" :D

DonJuan11

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the Mood said:
Ugly women are insecure and they seek skill to re-secure themselves. Understandable.

The main reason, as you guys can see, is that these guys have low self-esteem.They take what they can get, they don't have standards and many of them don't have much experience or don't believe they can pull a stunning looking woman.

I don't know dude, I don't have the highest self esteem and have very very little experience, but right or wrong, you'll never ever see me with a fat chick.
As far the OPS question, the girl:

a) could treat him well
b) could have alot of fun with him
c) could cook well
d) could give sex well
e) could be rich
f) could be funny

It could be a whole bunch of reasons. It's usually the other way around though, attractive girl with less than stellar guy since guys are very visual and into looks and girls are more about the mind than the body.

AAAgent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i don't think you have the right choice on there. The reason why a lot of guys are with girls below their so called LEVEL is because they're desperate. They'd rather get easy pvssy than hard pvssy or none at all. Sure they may like the girl but i'm positive that in the beginning they would have preferred a more attractive one but through the course of time learned to accept what they have.

I'm in the Mood

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm in the Mood

The main reason, as you guys can see, is that these guys have low self-esteem.They take what they can get, they don't have standards and many of them don't have much experience or don't believe they can pull a stunning looking woman.

I don't know dude, I don't have the highest self esteem and have very very little experience, but right or wrong, you'll never ever see me with a fat chick.
Don't you EVER put words in my mouth.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I don't think women pay attention to slightly good looking guys. In their eyes, you're either hot or not. I would chalk this up to women's ridiculous standards for men.

I'm slightly above average in looks, but not hot. In my experience it gives little or no advantage. A girl who is a 7 is considered doable by many guys. A guy who is a 7 won't attract much female attention unless he has something else going for him like game, money, status, etc. I believe this is why such guys settle.

BritSteve

Banned
Reaction score
I'm looking for an average girl as they are generally more fun and easier to get along with. Sadly they all seem to think I'm too good for them or intimidate them :(

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She wouldn't have the abortion.

Da Realist

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not going into the "it shouldn't matter how she/he looks" wonderland, but sometimes it's more about the person than the shape of the person. Having a pulse, a sense of humor, less drama, a good head on her shoulders, being able to do certain things, and a history devoid of certain other things will push a woman to the head of the line faster than a woman with nothing more than a big booty and a smile.

Plus I've seen plenty of times where man and women mess their lives up because they wanted to hook up with some pretty person without knowing what's underneath. Don't believe me? Ask Steve McNair. Wait you can't: he's dead. Ok, how about the folks at junvenile court either dealing with deadbeat dads or no good baby momma's? May be hard because they're busy dealing with judges and lawyers.

My opinion is that if find someone sane and can make you happy, why not? Peace of mind will pay off a lot better than physical beauty because one can be kept and keep you looking and feeling younger while the other can go in a heartbeat. If she's ugly, well, you have to just deal with it unless you can buy her a new face. If she's fat, take her to the gym with you. If she's both, I just hope she makes you happy and you probably don't have to worry about guys taking her.

BlackJackal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DonJuan11 said:
As far the OPS question, the girl:

a) could treat him well
b) could have alot of fun with him
c) could cook well
d) could give sex well
e) could be rich
f) could be funny

It could be a whole bunch of reasons. It's usually the other way around though, attractive girl with less than stellar guy since guys are very visual and into looks and girls are more about the mind than the body.[QUOTE]

BullSh*t