Reading faces?

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Is that a neccessary trait to have. I'd like to learn more.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you would like to learn it, then learn it. It is far better to learn something because you are interested, you will get the most out of it that way. The fact that you learn and become passionate about something, comes accross as an attractive quality.

In addition to using it for fun, it will be a great conversational tool, wether you use it to open, to extend conversation, or to set up a future meeting. Good luck.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
watch alot of movies with really good actors.I highly suggest the movie the Prestige.Watch how Hughe Whackman plays both charactors and how even the smallest attention detail and gesters makes a world of difference in changing the character. You can even watch movies with on mute and try to empathize with their emotion or guess what the scene is about..it'll help you read people better based soley on body language and using your senses rather then trying to guess logicaly,you actually get to see and get a sense for it. It works because it's using a different part of your brain or something like that.

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You mean "Reading faces", as in non-verbal language/body language? I was talking about Face Reading, the prop.

Yes, watch the news anchors with volume off, or better yet, watch soaps with the volume off. I like watching Novelas, the spanish soaps because there is all kinds of drama and emotions, and you can pick up a lot of info just from the non-verbal language.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think I will watch a dating show.

Watch the whole thing and see who she chooses.

organizedconfusion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you want to see alot of this stuff going on? watch The Hills,Maui fever,Real world ,road rules. If you can't spot attraction or manipulation going on..consider yourself clueless! lol

Nighthawk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
People touch their noses or faces when they are lying or hiding something. They also make a 'micro-expression' like a grimace. Learn to spot these 'tells' and you'll know when 90% of people are b*ll****ting you.

Someone reporting a real incident will tend to use more body language when recalling the situation, and look up to empty space when imagining/remembering. A liar will be more direct, and possibly hold eye contact too much to compensate for the idea that liars avoid EC.

Despite what's coming out of their mouths, involuntary nods or shakes of the head can be a good guide to what the person is really thinking.

Men perform much worse than women in recognising emotional states from non-verbal cues. Some people can't tell embarrassment from fear from arousal, which must be a real handicap in social situations. There's probably a site somewhere on the internet to test your skills but watching soap operas or the news with the sound down sounds a good idea too.