reactions after dressing well?

beastmaster79

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from people who updated their wardrobe and style. How did it change the reactions you got from women and others?

MrMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently lost a lot of weight and had to buy a new wardrobe. I used to own pretty large clothes, kinda ratty stuff.

I went out and bought some nice stuff. First day I started wearing it, my friends kept asking, "Why you all dressed up?"

The women on the other hand... they like it. This one girl in band, whom I never thought about dating, started getting all touch feely with me.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it was more than clothes for me, I was a skinny guy who wore wal-mart jeans and shirts, or band t-shirts all the time. Had a really generic buzzed on the sides, one inch on top haircut. Didn't really pay much attention to skin-care or grooming.

I've been bodybuilding for five years now, I'm not a super flashy dresser but I make sure everything fits well and matches etc. I'm not a complete metrosexual but I buy some grooming products and keep everything looking neat.

Huge change in reaction from everyone, walking around in jeans and band t-shirts people treat you like a kid. If you walk around well-dressed and present yourself with more confidence people show you so much more respect.

It's about the attitude you develop too, Just today I had a bit of an argument with a secretary at school, she was giving me attitude about something when I had just went in and asked politely so I flat out put her in her place and told her that I was treating her with respect and expected the same in return, it shut her up and she complied, I don't think I could have pulled that off dressed like a slob.

betterthandead

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is called a social norm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_norm

Bank tellers wear ties/suits, they look professional yet you wouldn't know that they make $10-12 an hour handling accounts. Same forth for those used condom heads that work at Abercrombie. They look like they're hip models, yet they make less than $10 an hour. The environment/atmosphere dictates what is socially seen as acceptable.

Snow Plowman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just say chicks look more and more, when I walk in the room everyone is wondering who I am. I have an ideal image that I try to go for that way I don't look like anyone else.

Also when I go shopping for my brother I tend to always have people trying to sell me cloth, but I tend to only shop at 2 stores regularly and anywhere else it would have to be me seeing something real nice.

When your dressing well you look cool because you standout from everyone else and if you already move around and have the mannerisms of a guy who has high value then chicks will open right up when you go to open.