Rank Yank Accent

Reaction score
Average, I knew what you meant by dialect. Dialect and accent can be used interchangably.

If southern accents makes you think of an uneducated person, you need to go down to Atlanta and meet some women. You could probably stand to learn something from them.

AverageFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm talking the southern belle accent. And if you think southern automatically means uneducated, you're an idiot to begin with.
I live in the north and south. I know people in both regions arent idiots. I'm saying the southern belle accent is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

Lost

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by AverageFC
Actually I hate the southern accent, especially on women. To me it gives the insinuation of "uneducated". *shudder* She could be mad fine and then start talking with a southern accent and I'd go limp.
same

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer an upper or middle-class urban British accent myself. But accent is not high up on my list of important matters.

DrMetallica

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I love eastern European accents... I swear to god I'm gonna marry a Russian Babula.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the NUMBER ONE turn-on factor for me are english-indian mixed chicks in a business attire with an upper-class english accent. I would give my left nut to hook up with one of those.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i got the same reaction to southern accent as some people here. when i hear it i always assume the person just crawled from under a trailer. i know its not always the case, but being raised in NE conditioned me to think so.

hardwork

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Red Tiger
you obviously haven't heard of the english estuary accent - hideous
Hell, at least you can understand those people. Try listening to young Welsh kids who speak Welsh at home and in school. It's less understandable than muttered gibberish (which is, of course, exactly what Welsh is;))

And the Southern drwal "uneducated"?! Mark Twain? Abraham Lincoln, anyone? (It gives an odd kind of force to some kinds of speech, ie., "Well, I have two guns: one for each of ya.")

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"nekkid"

Gotta love the southern use of the word: you're "naked" if you just have no clothes on and "nekkid" if youi have no clothes on and you're up to something.

torqueboxer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im in Pittsburgh where we have a pretty serious accent/dialect some examples...

steel=still

iron=arn

yinze( Yin-zz)=made up word for a group of people or a verson of Ya'll

Ex. What do yinze want to do tonight?

Gumbands=rubberbands

chipped ham= very thinly sliced deli ham

Dahn-tahn= down town

An-At(short for "and this and that")

Ex. We went out and drank and partyed An-At.