Random women smiling at you

holidayad_

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It happens. Not often that I would like, but it happens.

And I don’t think that they do it to everyone.

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Pulled up to a light the other day windows down, music playing, glanced right and a cute gal in her thirties was waving and smiling at me two lanes over. I looked in the opposite direction to see if it was meant for someone else, then looked back at her and she nodded her head “no” and pointed at me. I smiled and waved back, and blew her a kiss, which she copied. There was a male in the passenger seat around her age.

I do often get smiles and nods, even stares, specially when the suns out because the guns are too, but this was overt and from a woman 25 years my junior. Unfortunately there was no way to interact with her…

Enjoy your IOI’s, they’re rare.

Fortune_favors_the_bold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get positive feedbacks when I interact with people but it's very unlikely that people I'm not interacting with smile or approach me.

I always get positive feedbacks from both men and women especially at the gym but no initiative from them.

I even have employees and clerks being extra helpful and nice but only when we interact or I start the conversation.

Guess I'm decent looking enough but not that much where people takes initiative.

Not complaining since most men I know report being ignored, mistreated and generally treated as numbers.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women smile at me, a lot more now that I'm older it seems. I think part of this is because I'm more open now and willing to make eye contact (not stare). I don't think it means anything necessarily, it's just people being friendly.

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Cornbread,
Yes it happens quite regularly,like Zecko I find the older I get
the more frequently it happens....Sadly,I don't think it a reflection of any allure I might offer,rather amiable recognition,that I am just a harmless old Guy LOL.

Macadellic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Random people. Men & women smile at me. or say ‘hi’. ‘Good morning’…

Welcome to America.
This is spot on.

I get the “how are you” from random strangers both men and women.

I answer authentically with transparency
• I’m tired
• I’m hungry
• I’m great
• I’m drunk
• I’m sore
Etc…

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Do they do this to everyone or am I the only one that experiences this often?
When I am walking around with my shirt off I get this and some of them look like they are about to break their neck with their head turning so quickly.

Funnily enough, after meeting my current girlfriend at a water park last year shirtless, she now hates it when I take my shirt off in public because I am "inviting female attention to myself". Go figure.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I am walking around with my shirt off I get this and some of them look like they are about to break their neck with their head turning so quickly.

Funnily enough, after meeting my current girlfriend at a water park last year shirtless, she now hates it when I take my shirt off in public because I am "inviting female attention to myself". Go figure.
Lol she knows :rofl:

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have to actively not look in their direction so I won't get approached too much. Women will not just smile, but even start flirting talking with me while I have one of my women by my side. I mostly ignore them.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the context of dating... smiling is almost certainly an IOI, and the type of IOI you get probably depends on where you are and the 'aura' you give off. Generally speaking, strong eye contact, smiling, compliments, and intentionally planting themselves around your personal space are strong IOIs that women rarely will do with random men.

The smiling thing could be a simple gesture that friendly and warm women (and men) do to spread "good vibes" regardless of interest levels...... However, I'd still take it as a good sign that that they'd do it with you since it probably means you have good energy, and if men are doing that too that's proof of concept.

In my case, I very rarely get instances of random women smiling at me (excluding when it's forced eg interacting with bank tellers or cashiers). This is probably because I don't look like a very pleasant fellow (which is correct) and wouldn't care about a smile or return one (also correct). Their IOIs take on different forms for me, and I think this is more evidence of how socially calibrated women are and how good they are at reading other people.

Last edited:

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the smile is strongest signal she can give a man that she wants him to approach wether he recognises it or not is another thing

parabellum

Don Juan
Reaction score
I’ve had received a few smiles/looks that triggered an automatic response of smiling back or mirroring whatever they accompany the smile with. Most recent one was a girl that said hi and smiled, my brain automatically said hi and I smiled, and one second later I was deep in thoughts how it happen in autopilot. Probably an evolutionary glitch/feature. Usually I have to voluntarily smile, and I think it’s better that way. I rather smile only to people that appear to have good energy.