Quotes and self talk

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Parable of the Chinese Farmer

Once upon a time, there was a farmer who lived with his son in a small village. One day, the farmer's horse ran away. Upon hearing this, the villagers came to the farmer to express their sympathy for such bad luck.

"Such bad luck!" they said. "How will you work your fields without your horse?"

The farmer simply replied, "We'll see."

A few days later, the horse returned, bringing with it several wild horses. The villagers were amazed and congratulated the farmer on his good fortune.

"Such good luck!" they exclaimed. "Now you are richer and can do much more work!"

The farmer again replied, "We'll see."

The next day, the farmer's son tried to ride one of the wild horses but was thrown off and broke his leg. The villagers once more came to express their sympathy for the misfortune.

"Such bad luck!" they said. "Now your son cannot help you on the farm!"

The farmer calmly replied, "We'll see."

A few days later, the army came through the village, conscripting all the young men to fight in a war. However, because the farmer's son had a broken leg, he was not taken. The villagers rejoiced over the farmer's good fortune.

"Such good luck!" they exclaimed. "Your son has been spared from the war!"

The farmer, as always, simply said, "We'll see."

Moral. To not get caught up in stories of "this is bad" and the other side is getting caught up in stories of "this is good". Both can lead to suffering. It's kind of like the quote, we suffer way more in our imagination than reality.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Parable of the Chinese Farmer

Once upon a time, there was a farmer who lived with his son in a small village. One day, the farmer's horse ran away. Upon hearing this, the villagers came to the farmer to express their sympathy for such bad luck.

"Such bad luck!" they said. "How will you work your fields without your horse?"

The farmer simply replied, "We'll see."

A few days later, the horse returned, bringing with it several wild horses. The villagers were amazed and congratulated the farmer on his good fortune.

"Such good luck!" they exclaimed. "Now you are richer and can do much more work!"

The farmer again replied, "We'll see."

The next day, the farmer's son tried to ride one of the wild horses but was thrown off and broke his leg. The villagers once more came to express their sympathy for the misfortune.

"Such bad luck!" they said. "Now your son cannot help you on the farm!"

The farmer calmly replied, "We'll see."

A few days later, the army came through the village, conscripting all the young men to fight in a war. However, because the farmer's son had a broken leg, he was not taken. The villagers rejoiced over the farmer's good fortune.

"Such good luck!" they exclaimed. "Your son has been spared from the war!"

The farmer, as always, simply said, "We'll see."

Moral. To not get caught up in stories of "this is bad" and the other side is getting caught up in stories of "this is good". Both can lead to suffering. It's kind of like the quote, we suffer way more in our imagination than reality.
Great quote man. Pretty much live in the present.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do each of your posts end with a personal attack?

Moderators are human, but that said they shouldn't be the ones starting and continuing personal attacks like this.
He's has resentment towards me cause I don't sux up to him or other mods like other members do and I call him out of bs, I've gotten messages from other members how he doesn't offer any help and thinks he's the $hit for being a mod.

You'll see how he will come and DEER on why he posted that so he doesn't look bad to other members, or post receipts on he's life is great (a month vacation in Europe) to "give me a lesson" how his life is great.

I know guys like that, they need to proof their masculinity to others every time.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why do each of your posts end with a personal attack?
Insecurity, probably.

Moderators are human, but that said they shouldn't be the ones starting and continuing personal attacks like this.
Even imaginary power tends to corrupt the weaker minds.

I know guys like that, they need to proof their masculinity to others every time.
Maybe that sandbox 'boys who bully just want affection' kind of thing.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Insecurity, probably.

Even imaginary power tends to corrupt the weaker minds.

Maybe that sandbox 'boys who bully just want affection' kind of thing.
In my opinion, bully is fine as long as you're not breaking any law, being racist, religion believes or sexual orientation. I couldn't care less about those things.

But getting bullied for having oneistis for a woman? Imagine telling that to your grandpa the amount of bully you'll get. But now everything is offensive, and "I feel hurt" cause they way you write things I read them in an offensive way, therefore you're mean and I'm gonna tell daddy mod to scold you.

I watched a documentary last night from Mat Walsh called "What is a woman?" Its funny as $hit

Nobody in the show was able to answer what a woman is, not even Senators, judges.

Assassin, could you answer this question for me, what is a woman?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But now everything is offensive, and "I feel hurt" cause they way you write things I read them in an offensive way, therefore you're mean and I'm gonna tell daddy mod to scold you.
Why do you think I was banned twice? Butt-hurt members whose feelings I 'offended'. I always learned that the first level of emotional self control is not to get emotionally destabilised by other people's opinions and understand that you can only be offended if you take the offence as a personal slight.

Vanderdonck

Don Juan
Reaction score
Clearly you cannot really believe you are the only person able to accomplish anything of worth and if you actually do believe that you should probably check yourself into a mental ward for a psych evaluation because you are delusional.
Serious question, where did someone say that? I missed it.

Rainrain

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"Before you heal someone, ask him if he's willing to give up the things that made him sick." - Hippocrates

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the 1990s, motivation posters were briefly in style, especially in a office setting, often to try to motivate salespeople.

Then this company launched some epic sarcasm and I'd like to think helped kill the motivational poster industry:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Oh I see. I assumed that meant "man is the only creature" etc.
Hard to interpret it that way based on the second part of the sentence. Unless you think lions, giraffes, sharks and octopii are the ones trying to do that stuff.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought this one was fitting....

"Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be."

Giovanni SouthSide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
“27 is truly the age where a woman's shelf life had ended, and she gets placed in the discount bin.”

I know ain’t got do with the essence of life but still keep one foot grounded in the basics.

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The world isn't black and white

You yourself, and not others, define what constitutes "success"

The one thing you can control the most, and arguably what the meaning of life itself is, is how you respond to the situations and circumstances you find yourself in.

FlirtLife

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I watched a documentary last night from Mat Walsh called "What is a woman?" Its funny as $hit

Nobody in the show was able to answer what a woman is, not even Senators, judges.
To annoy those on the left, I've watched it (John Oliver called it transphobic).
To annoy those on the right, the main character misrepresents their main claim. The biggest drug settlement in history over the puberty blocking drugs had nothing to do with medical risks - it was a lawsuit over price fixing. The drug company overcharged people.