quit smoking, should i start drinking coffee?

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess I just don't get it, but why would someone want to even touch that nasty sh!t.

Maybe it isn't like that to a smoker, but to me it's VILE.

That's the only bad thing about Europe. Every damn place you go to you have to choke on second hand smoke.

To make matters worse I have had some lung problems in the past, and they were usually brought on by a couple of nights back to back in smoky clubs. I'm talking almost have to go to the hospital kind of problems.

I can understand smoking pot or any other kind of drug to get high, but cigarettes? Is it THAT good?

speakeasy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
joekerr31 said:
so im in the process of quiting smoking (man this is painful).

i've never been a coffee drinker but i am thinking of taking it up.

what do you coffee drinkers think about your addiction to coffee? do you wish you could stop, or do you enjoy it?
They both give you bad breath. Take up gum chewing.

Pimp101

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, attempt number 150-something. Cut the coffee out completely while you smoke, it has a way of making the withdrawls even worse. Also, check out Paul Mckenna's "Stop Smoking for Good" self hypnosis cd as well as "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking", I forget by who.

joekerr31

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
I guess I just don't get it, but why would someone want to even touch that nasty sh!t.
I can understand smoking pot or any other kind of drug to get high, but cigarettes? Is it THAT good?
smokers dont smell the smoke. when ive quit for a day or two in the past, and then had a smoke, im like "oh my god this stuff stinks!"

but when you are smoking you don't smell.

as for whether its good. well, i LOVE smoking. its kind of like instant meditation. you get to forget about all your problems for 5 minutes while you drop out of the world and enjoy your smoke.

whereas if your a non smoker, you're dealing with life and your thoughts 24/7. you never get a break.

but that said, there are so many negatives to smoking that i'm determined to give it up. it saps your energy over the long run, you stink, it increases your apathy, it increases your chances of dying young, etc.

as unbelievable as this will sound (since smoking is dirty and stinks), to me having a smoke is like being kissed by a hot chic - not an easy thing to give up.

Bvbidd

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's relaxing and becomes just becomes a habit. It's that simple. If I'm outside, I'm smoking. Joekrr31 put it best.