Question if on if this was a date or not...

teencraft

Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't even read it but the answer is "no"

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They sell sushi at starbucks? o.0

I read it and the answer it "yes...duh...u idiot"

I don't mean to be offensive, but it was two single people, male and female, out together at a social event. You cannot get closer to the definition of a "date" than this, unless you have the cheesy "dinner and a movie where the guy pays for everything" kind of thing (which is not recomended).

You shouldn't be fretting over things like "OMG was i just out on a DATE?" it's no big deal whether or not you were. People date all the time. It's very common.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She seems like a great girl - oriented towards the right things, classy, has standards. As the only asian in your community, it actually makes you exotic and more appreciable. She likes you. A lot. Don't do anything drastic and just keep up this current routine. With this girl, there's a huge potential for a meaningful relationship. Don't tell your parents, and don't completely engross yourself in this girl now that she's pulling more moves. Just keep with the natural flow. Do everything conservatively so that even if things do work out, you two will definitely still talk. You must have been happy on this date, because after I read it, I felt happy for you myself. You've got a great thing going.

BTW, good username.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am friends with a lot of asians at my school, and correct me if I am wrong, but their parents seem to judge who they date really strictly. I am half-american, half-ecuadorian, and my parents don't really care who I date, as long as they are good girls. So maybe it is a asian parents thing. I in no way, shape or form am racist or a generalizer, but thta just seems to be a common observation.

Reaction score
You date and you get grounded forever? No, if you're careless enough to get caught you get grounded forever. Don't let your parents rules stop you from doing what you want and having fun. you have a car, you have free time, and you seem like you're smart enough to tell a convincing lie to your parents.

wavejams007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't neccessarily have to lie, the sevret is in how you tell your parents what you are doing. Just make it out like you guys are strictly just good friends, andthat there is no way in hell that you could get it on with this girl and make sure the girl stays quiet during this time in your bedroom.

Just kidding. U dont have to lie, just don't go into much detail.

Michael Chief

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Forbidden Love
well...

here's the thing, I'm asian, my parents hate me. And thus, dating is not allowed.

Therefore in my 17 years, I have never dated. And for her, she is one of my best friends... so I was just kinda... yeah ^^

Basically, I date, and i get grounded forever.
I know what you mean. I'm asian, too, and my parents use to be like that. But basically, i forced them to realize that they were being dumb by rebelling and started dating anyway. They soon realized they could do nothing about it lol

It was just kind of unspoken and hints of me dating slipped out here and there...and they pretty much got the message and i guess they just realized that they had to face the truth - their little boy was growin up. Hell, they even started givin me advice haha..but i still got that whole "Never have sex..ever!" kinda thing.

Don't fear the grounding. Just do it and act like its completely normal and natural...BECAUSE IT IS. If a 15 year old asian kid can do it, so can a 17 year old. Parental approval shouldn't even be something you should be fumbling with, anyway. You're 17.

Forbidden Love

Don Juan
Reaction score
alright thx everyone ^^

I'm taking a reading in the bible now.

I'll keep doing what I'm doing. Play things out. Maybe in a few days/weeks, I'll have my first girlfriend.