Question About When Making A Joke

ROOKIE OF THE YEAR

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
According to David Deangelo, when you make a joke or a ****y line, you suppose to give a serious face and don't laugh at your own jokes. I mean, understand it looks lame when laughing at what you come up with, but what about serious face. Does any of you experience don juans agree with this perspective? If not, any suggestions when make those kinds of ****y and funny stuff?

Also, how important is body language compare to making ****y and funny jokes? So if a man is not funny, does body language make up a big part on scoring a hot babe? And is keeping a straight face when being funny one of a sexy body language?

Sanity_Cleaver

Don Juan
Reaction score
Deangelo is full of crap

I aint no experienced Don Juan, but i am an experienced comedian.

No offense, but probably the reason nobody has replied is because its such a stupid question. You either have a sense of humour or you dont. If you had a good one you wouldnt be asking such a question. But the good news is if you dont you can always GET ONE.
DeAngelo is only saying here what works for him- but youve got to ask yourself if you truly want to be funny or if you just want to elarn how to be funny because some wishy washy dating guru says its the hip thing to do baby.

To answer about body language, it is a key ingredient in the telling of any joke, if its to honey bunny no.1 or your little brother. Non-verbal comminication counts for more than half of what we say.
So if you want to know what faces to pull or how to pose when you say anything funny just watch lots and lots of comedy and get a feel for what they do. But dont copy it, youll have to develop youre own style and work it from there. Exposing yourself to lots of comedy is the no.1 way of how to develop your own sense of humour anyway so it kills two birds with one stone.

Good luck, and dont listen to anything David D has to say about humour- he only ever talks about what works for him, not everyone else. Youve got to bear in mind youre not David D- go do you own thing!

bullmoose

Don Juan
Reaction score
IME, it's best to deliver your jokes / funny lines straight-faced. It shows confidence, and sets you apart from the nervous, half-drunk, giggling dip$#!+ who tried to pick her up ten minutes ago.

Like it or not, chances are 99.99999% that you're going to be compared to someone she's seen on television. Women -- most women -- live through their TV's. How many actors laugh at their own jokes?

There's been a lot said on here of late about "mystery." A poker face is part of the mystery. Personally, my thing is quiet and intensely interested, paying attention and then dropping a killing line at the right moment.

It takes practice, though. Work up to it.

BeLoSH

Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO, keeping a straight face is essential, but as is giving off a smile or something similar to signify that youre playing with them to keep them locked in.

spider_007

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it all depends on a joke. Laughing at your own joke is kinda laim (in my view anyway.)