Protein shakes good or bad? Results?

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey dude how are you doing??and how is the weather is sweden?? btw my PM box is empty and feels lonely ***HINT***

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
Speaking of mothers who complain and freak out on protein powder. A friend of mine became tired with it. He was using creatine and protein. He printed out two labels which said "Hormone" and "Drugs" and put one on each of his jug.

Then he proceeded to pour out creatine in small lines on the table and he put some on his nose. When his mother waked up and saw he had creatine around his nostrils and there were lines of it on the table she became hysterical =D
:crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Lifeforce
Thanks for digging that article up, it was a while ago I read it.

Anyway, empiric research is far more valuable in understanding how your body works. When you get the basic down you start to fine tune all the things you need and notice what you'll grow from.
It's still pretty confusing. I might just go for 100-120g of protein per day, which is in between my g/kg and g/lb amounts.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
your mom brought up a good point about america being fu#ked up. But i think she was just being concerned.

Yes, overexcess intake of protein may cause liver damage....just make sure not to overdose.

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Disconnect
Yesterday I started drinking protein shakes, and my mother freaked out. Her argument was as follows: "The American society is the sickest society in the world, in that there is more cancer, obesity, etc. America also uses supplements. Thus, supplements lead to cancer etc. Do whatever you want, but when you get sick, don't come running to me." Is this valid? I claim it's pure bull****, but I just can't convince her. :rolleyes:

Anyways, what are you results with protein shakes? Are they a must to get built faster/bigger/better? I can't eat a pound of stake a day. One scoop of whey powder yields what, 23? grams of protein. The bodybuilder who owned the gym where I bought it said use 2 scoops a day mixed in 8 ounces of whater, 46 g, which at 80% absorption rate (according to him) should give you around 40g. Now, the container says use only 1 scoop a day. So is his method/advise valid or is he trying to rip me off?
She is right. However, she is being extreme. The best thing is to avoid protein shakes and consume plenty of protein. That is the healthy way. After-all one does not know how factories process protein shakes. They are chemically engineered, after all.

Nonetheless, one bottle a day will not cause damage; according to studies.

Note: Findings from study tend to flutuate, as more and more research is done.