***Prom Discussion '08***

MCristo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Let's talk prom. I'm curious what it's like at other highschools. There'll be a flood of prom questions coming through here real soon so let's make it easy and use one big thread.

Personally, I really have to think about prom before i decide to go this year.

Out here it is expected for the guy to ask the girl in a "cute, unique way". It's disgusting. Every day I walk out of class and see at least two cars tagged by confused young men begging their would-be date to go with them. I've told all my friends who are girls that there is no way in hell I am doing something like that and they were seriously surprised. I'd rather keep my dignity, thanks!

The average friend of mine is getting a limo, tux, tickets for both the girl and himself, and dinner. I've worked it out to over $400.

**** That.

john paul

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
My date asked me, and we are paying for ourselves, none of this the guy buys dinner. I think thats the only way to do it.

Theres no way the guy should have to ask the girl to come with him so he can pay for her food and ride.

LostAndConfused

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah its the same way here. You have to think up something cute, and the girls actually do say no sometimes...so what I did was I taught all my friends to take the girl out on a date THEN ask her, instead of doing something cute for the whole school to see / criticize.

luckily, if they do say no, and if the girl is below about HB7, none of the guys will ask her out, then she will bring some underclassman or a kid from outside the school....funny stuff.

All of the girls in my school are b1tches and not that attractive, so I date outside of school, so I'm not even interested in prom...the whole idea of it is AFC....at my school we have to pay for the girl.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last year for my prom I told the girl that I took to come over my house because I have something very important to give to her. She didn't go to my school so what I gave her was the guests admission slip.

If you do wanna do something cute, remember it doesn't have to be original. Some guys think up some of the most ridiculous things just to ask one simple question.

goldenrocker91

Don Juan
Reaction score
welll i go to an all boys school so everyone we date is outside of school. i asked a girl today by saying "hey what are u doing on june 13th?" "i dont know why?" "Because your coming to my prom with me" "OKAY!"

Its actually pretty cool. the prom is on a boat and stuff. im looking forward to it.

i do have a question though. drinking. were thinking about drinking slightly b4 prom. would that be dangerous? not drunk just tipsy so its more fun.

after-prom is gonna be sick tho. we stay out till like 5 AM and just drink all night

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not necessarily though you might also want to be cautious on how strict your school is on about drinking. Last year they threatened us that they would use a breathalizer but they didn't, however some people did get kicked out for making it too obvious they were drinking. My friend also goes to an all boys school and he tells me they do drug tests at random times, so I'm pretty sure they would be a lot harder on you guys but outside of legal circumstances I see no problem going in there buzzed or tipsy.

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
goldenrocker91 said:
welll i go to an all boys school so everyone we date is outside of school. i asked a girl today by saying "hey what are u doing on june 13th?" "i dont know why?" "Because your coming to my prom with me" "OKAY!"

Its actually pretty cool. the prom is on a boat and stuff. im looking forward to it.

i do have a question though. drinking. were thinking about drinking slightly b4 prom. would that be dangerous? not drunk just tipsy so its more fun.

after-prom is gonna be sick tho. we stay out till like 5 AM and just drink all night
Please don't drive

MCristo

Don Juan
Reaction score
goldenrocker91 said:

My school does use breathalyzers so be careful with that

goldenrocker91

Don Juan
Reaction score
dont worry i wont be able to drive my then. Also today my teacher was telling me that last years prom smelled like "a bob marley concert" lol so i tihnk itll be cool if i go buzzed compared to last years kids

vivalarebellion

Don Juan
Reaction score
MCristo said:
Let's talk prom. I'm curious what it's like at other highschools. There'll be a flood of prom questions coming through here real soon so let's make it easy and use one big thread.

Personally, I really have to think about prom before i decide to go this year.

Out here it is expected for the guy to ask the girl in a "cute, unique way". It's disgusting. Every day I walk out of class and see at least two cars tagged by confused young men begging their would-be date to go with them. I've told all my friends who are girls that there is no way in hell I am doing something like that and they were seriously surprised. I'd rather keep my dignity, thanks!

The average friend of mine is getting a limo, tux, tickets for both the girl and himself, and dinner. I've worked it out to over $400.

**** That.
I wasn't going to go to Prom this year, but a friend of mine begged me to take her because she didn't have a date. I said yes, because, well, she's been my friend for a long time and she sounded really desperate. It's not up until now that I realize I've fallen into the "nice-guy" roll with her, not because I want to go out with her, but because she's used me as a emotional tissue for a while.

But, that's straying. It's not all bleak, because her friend (her hot friend) wants to go. So I'm taking her friend because she doesn't go to our school, and my friend will tag along. Not too bad:up: .

Oh, as for the entire Limo bull****. Hell no. They're paying for their own tickets themselves, and I'll chip in partly for the dinner and stuff after. I'm paying for my own tuxedo, and I paid for my own ticket. That's it.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've never really understood why people want to rent out limos. Waste of money IMO, me and my friends just took another friend's SUV and we still had the time of our lives.

Teh_Wolf

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol if this is your first prom, what should you expect and what kinda after parties shoudl you be trying to go too :p something that involves not getting wasted

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Limo's IMO are a waste of money. Guys man up and buy your dates dinner.

I lucked out for after prom. My date came from a rich family whose mom gave me $200 for us to use at the beach after prom.

vivalarebellion

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sigh, started the entire tuxedo rental process. $130 bucks is all it's going to cost...:crackup:

Crazy Asian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wait...... what exactly is a tuxedo?
i wore wut i thought was my dad's tux to homecoming, but my friend told me that it was a jacket?

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ahh man google a tux. I don't know exactly how to explain but its a over priced tailored suit with matching everything, and a special shirt and special shiny shoes.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
vivalarebellion said:
Sigh, started the entire tuxedo rental process. $130 bucks is all it's going to cost...:crackup:
Wow I must have gotten a really good deal last year, it only cost me like $60 for everything and the Tux I rented out was really really nice.

oneshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
ha... I live in a culture where prom is pretty much unheard of, so yes, compared to high schools in America, the prom here sucks :)

I'm STUGO president; however, so I've moved the venue to some badass lounge bar with a pool and everything (nicely decorated, the manager is a hot chick who asks me how many of us will wanna get drunk and smoke, she needs to arrange it lol). Some of the parents in our school are really close friends with the boss of the place, so we got an extremely good bargain of 500NT/person (divide 500 by 31 and you have 16 USD) without even needing to rent the place. We're charging 400NT (thats 31 times cheaper than somebody's 400USD in this thread, equivalent to THIRTEEN US DOLLARS) per person and 700 for two people--they can ask people of the same sex out, who the hell cares, it's only a way to advertise and get more kids :D

I tried to organize limos, but you wouldnt believe how damn hard it is to find a decent one in this city. So anyway, the avg person here spends about 11 USD for a meal that should've cost them 65 dollars. Most people don't really give a **** about clothes too, they just wear their ancient suits/ties.
I think we should just literally throw the ugliest dressed person into the pool while we launch fireworks. i'm also trying to find this muscleman i know at the gym to do some chippendale dancing...i guess that'd be okay, whereas if i hire female strippers i'd probably be expelled XD

and no, we don't have any of the "boys need to ask girls out in a cute way and empty goddamn wallets" thing going on here.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man....

I got my date finally, but her parents are crazy (and consequently, she's truly a "good girl"....she will probably have to be home by midnight or something :( )

I had a chance to tell her to buy her own ticket, but I didn't, so I got stuck with that. We're going 50/50 on dinner for sure.

Although I'm a senior, this will be my first prom. What should I expect? I've never even slow danced before! Keeping in mind that I go to a predominantly black school (although I'm not).