Prolonged eye contact...from work higher-ups?

Demmurts

Reaction score
I've been getting prolonged eye contact and it sends a message that they're attracted and want you to know it. They're initiating it too. Problem is it's been happening a lot at work. I work in an office type environment and a couple of the female higher-ups have been giving me flirtatious, several second long looks. One's engaged and I'm not sure about the other one. There's several second long eye contact coupled with hair flips, smiles, giggles...

So if I pursued, it would be frowned upon if not worse. So why are they sending out such classic "I want you" signals? In a club I'd think a look like that means "I want you to pursue me" so why do the same thing at work? They're hoping I make a move? Though there's a strong inner-voice that says "proceed with caution".

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i get this at work from married women too, most of them are just looking for ego boosts

Demmurts

Reaction score
So... what? They make you believe they're into you just to so they can have the pleasure of rejecting you?

foreverAFC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demmurts said:
So... what? They make you believe they're into you just to so they can have the pleasure of rejecting you?

i dont think its like that, i think they just want to feel attractive, its possible some are looking to cheat

i cant tell you how many times a woman has given me a classic IOI or chatted me up at work only for me to walk by their cube and see pictures of them with their husband or bf on their desk, seems like only married ones are willing to talk to me

Jair213

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
foreverAFC said:
i dont think its like that, i think they just want to feel attractive, its possible some are looking to cheat
My thoughts exactly.

There's tons of unsatisfied woman sexually in there marriage.
This leads them to cheat, same thing with men. It happens.

But since your in the work place I would stay away. Just go about
Your day and talk to them normally.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Demmurts said:
I've been getting prolonged eye contact
Before you start tootin' your own horn, better make sure it's not because your hair is extremely dorky or you have a terrible sense of style.

When I was in my 20s I thought that every woman who looked at me for more than a second wanted to have sex with me. Now I realize that's rarely the case.

ah, the confidence of youth :)

Brosy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I would say swerve this if they were your peers, if they are higher up you are likely in for all kinds of pain if you pursue anything.

I know this is hard to listen to though, I've been where you are and I didn't listen, even today I still have to reason and consciously talk myself out of shenanigans with potentials at work.

Unless one of you is a temp or on a contract, it will not end well. As others have said, their ego needs to know they've still "got it" and you should just take the attention as a compliment, nothing more!