Pride, Arrogance And Ego – The Path To Misery

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
PRIDE, ARROGANCE AND EGO – THE PATH TO MISERY

Pride is insecurity masquerading as strength.

You convince yourself that you are the Prince by constant mental repetition, half-hearted attempts at self improvement, or what have you. You take the concept of self-respect to its ugly extreme and begin the feed the monster, Pride, which you think protects you from heartache and misery but is in sooth the very author of your malcontent. What you believe to be the portcullis guarding the castle of your self image is in fact the breach in the castle wall. You call the girl in question and ask for a date. She declines, or gives a lukewarm response. Your sense of pride is inflamed. You refuse to call for two weeks. This accomplishes nothing.
You see a female interest, and greet her. She is distracted, and does not greet you as warmly as you would of liked. Perhaps a woman you are attracted to cancels the day before a date you were looking forward to for some time; perhaps a woman whose number you have just obtained has been unavailable the last two times you tried to reach her. The demon rears its ugly head again. “I am the Prize!” you scream. “Next!”
Pride is ultimately triggered by oversensitivity to mostly trivial events, causing us to react in ways whereby we desperately seek to do something that feels powerful. You genuinely hurt a woman, your guilt compels you to make amends, common decency compels you to make amends, but you refuse to apologize because of “What Happens When You Apologize to a Woman”. There is a great difference between having something to be proud about, and Pride. I am proud of my accomplishments, rightly so, for they are the fruits of my labor, diligence and fortitude, and so I polish my trophies and laminate my certificates. But Pride is nothing more than the false protector of ego.

Arrogance is the inability to see outside of oneself.

It is no great wonder that woman are eventually repelled by truly arrogant men; any so preoccupied with self so as to worship themselves and revel in their own thoughts care nothing for others. Their only terms of reference are their own insecurities and issues. It is the arrogant man who thinks nothing of the opinion of others; it is the arrogant man who begins to believe that he is always right. When one begins to believe one is always right, one cannot be corrected, when one cannot be corrected one ceases to grow. The Path of the Don Juan and the principles here expressed at sosuave, when they are not tempered by the realization that we live in a society based on cooperation and compromise, can veer off into infinite self-interest and selfishness, the inability to care for others, and ultimately, loneliness. Remember, the greatest Alpha Male is the protector. There is nothing ‘AFC’ about caring. Be wary of arrogance. It will blind you to your fellow man and woman, and you will cease to understand the motives and trials of others because nothing registers that does not conform to your worldview, and your inflated opinion of self.

Ego is not self, ego is the ambition of self to be.

It is how we would prefer to see ourselves. The further removed self is from ego, id est, the greater the distance between who we really are and who we try to convince ourselves we are, the greater the need for the protection of our ego from the ‘slings and arrows’ of reality. We guard our ego with pride and arrogance, Brutus and Judas; they constantly betray us, yet still we retain them in our service. Your ego becomes so great that you keep a mathematical count of the number of times she has called you, and resolve to call her only once for two times she calls you. Your ego becomes so great that you measure the success of a date not in the natural joy that you derive from the woman’s company, but the statistics of kiss closes and fvck closes. Ah, but you are successful. Are you? You look back at your AFC days and shudder. When you met men who are where you were, you look down your nose in smug superiority, though you secretly wonder whether you are who you posture yourself to be.

Do not wait for retrospective contemplation. Look upon yourself now and shudder, for you have gone from the Average Frustrated Chump to…

…The Arrogant Proud Egotist.

Look out for my next post- The Path of the APE.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. Many of us with pride and egos are often the ones with high expectations from ourselves and our goals. We strive to accomplish beyond that of the average person using our abilities to our advantage.

We can't help that this perfectionism somewhat carries over into other aspects of our life, espeically that which we feel gives us the most sense of being a man. The best thing for making us feel like a man is a woman we find attractive. For this, we carefully select and set our standards high so that when we do go for a girl, we want to make sure she is worthwhile and if we find out she isn't, then we let it affect us as we had all those expectations and took the time to give her our time and attention.

Pride is a good thing and you'll find it in winners. Nothing less than getting what we want is acceptable, even if it means doing without. If we're not getting the results we like, adjustments are made and we move forward to achieving said goal. We can't see ourselves losing, not even with women we like. This is why we take it seriously, though we probably shouldn't where women are concerned.

One example of this in terms of pride. Evander Holyfield was asked to do the part Tommy Morrison played in Rocky V (before Morrison was asked). He declined because in the movie he would have to go down to the mat. His excuse for not doing the part was that he couldn't have people see (and in his mind's eye) him losing. A great lesson about how pride can make champions. Evander fights on the 17th (go Evander!). This is pride. It is a good thing.

BuckwildNYC

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW this post really fukked me up cause I have all 3 of those problems to a great degree. I'm a tall, good-looking fairly successful guy but I always wondered why the girls weren't beating down my door to get with me. You pretty much summed up my problems in one post lol.

But, where the hell do I even begin to make a change. If I'm interacting with a girl and she shows even the slightest, most miniscule amount of disinterest I HAVE to next her. If I build up the courage to talk to a chick and she rejects me, I get these feelings like I want to throw her in front of a bus. And these are deep feelings, like from way inside. Like who the fukk is she to diss me. She wouldn't even have the balls to approach a guy. I know I have issues lol but where do I begin. Many times I avoid approaching girls cause I don't want to get these feelings. Obviously it's all about my foolish pride but how do you fix something that's so deeply ingrained.

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
still trying to figure that out myself.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I take pride in my arrogance and I use women to boost my ego.

I'm a rather successfull guy too.

I'm not unhappy at all.

DJ_in_making

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
*bump
trying to get rid of that loser...

Boner da Stoner

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Am I an egotist for saying I am proud of not taking an arrogant stance in life?

thekingdooder

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post.

Great way to talk about the huge flaws in an undisciplined transition from AFC to DJ. I see this more than I see anything else, a radical nice guy to jerk transition, ignoring the great balance of it all.

Can't wait to read the next one.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What??
I think you just wanted your own abbreviation, APE :D

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you just wanted your own abbreviation, APE
You are missing the point.

basbhat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, I think this has been one of my problems. Your post basically says everything I have been secretly thinking of myself.

I have went on a few dates in the last couple of months, have talked to a few others, and met many at social functions. I find I am asking myself, "Am I too ****y?". There should be no reason why I (I'm a good looking guy w/ a lot of attractive qualities) have been so unsuccessful as of late.

For instance, last night I went out and talked to a few girls at a party. One girl asked me(upon hearing my accent), "where are you from?". I replied that I was from Mars, with a I don't really care attitude. She took major offense at my sarcasm and I later saw her talking bad about me to another girl! And another girl after first displaying a major interest, was rude to me b/c of some off-hand "****y" comment. Maybe they are too sensitive as well, but damn....what is wrong with me?

I hate the ego. It has gotten me nowhere....

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Marlimus
You are missing the point.
you are missing out on life by thinking about crap like this

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would like to say that a woman had best do her part to boost my ego or I just next her

I don't know if that makes any sense to you guys but I strongly think that a woman should help a mans ego grow not destory it.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Blue Phoenix
"PRIDE, ARROGANCE AND EGO – THE PATH TO MISERY"

Just read about pathological narcissism and you'll have a real example of what is to be miserable.
or go read nomarriage.com

Marlimus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
L777 said
you are missing out on life by thinking about crap like this
Have no fear, I lead a balanced life. But I pity the man who believes that thinking is a waste of time.