Preselection...

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Preselection is real thing; I thought this video was bringing up some good point on the topic.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Social proof.

Next.
Well more than social proof in same ways I'd think.
I just find it interesting too from human social phycological point of how we humans are wired and its interesting to learn more and find new angles of that. Maybe because I'm in sales too and many things are interrelated between sales / dating and human behavior / human phycology.

Last edited:

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basic human nature, we are social animals. People want what everyone wants. That's why we have fashion trends and balloon markets.

Women really are not that different from men, but social proof is something that women tend to weigh heavier than men, so if women, as a general rule, find a man attractive, other women will also find him attractive.

Attraction and interest are separate things. Just because a woman finds you attractive, does not mean she is interested. Without attraction, real interest isn't possible. Oh you can get fake interest, where a woman is just using a man, but that never ends well... well I suppose if you are lucky it ends poorly, because there really is nothing worst than making something 'work' with a woman who is ticked at you because you don't give her butterflies.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women really are not that different from men, but social proof is something that women tend to weigh heavier than men, so if women, as a general rule, find a man attractive, other women will also find him attractive.
I wrote an article on the creep/freak filter that men go through whenever they approach women. In general, women don't trust any man who hasn't passed through the creep/freak filter. Social proof is one way to effortlessly convince a woman you're not a creep or a freak.

When a man is accompanied by (or in the company of) women who are obviously comfortable around him, their trust in him negates the creep/freak filter in other women and greatly increases the man's attractiveness.

I personally notice the difference in female attention if I'm out by myself; if I'm accompanied by my tomcat and/or a woman.

Funny enough, the tomcat provides even more social proof and even on a short walk women will try to engage me in conversation, sometimes to the chagrin of the kitten who accompanies me.
I think this is why men walking dogs also pass through the creep/freak filter, although dog owners are not as immediately trusted as much as cat wranglers, probably because anybody can walk a dog (even if the dog isn't his), but getting a cat to ride your shoulder in public requires a lot of trust from the animal.

M

member162951

even on a short walk women will try to engage me in conversation, sometimes to the chagrin of the kitten who accompanies me.
So you have women approaching you, even when you're with other women?

I find that fascinating. Especially since most women are hesitant to directly approach men at all.

But here you have them approaching using street game no less (which is not easy or comfortable for most MEN) when you're with another woman.

I'm curious, what are some of the lines they use to engage you? What's the outcome been? Do they give you their numbers?

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you have women approaching you, even when you're with other women?
They feel it's safe to approach me when I'm walking with my tomcat, because they can ignore other women and pretend to be interested solely in the cat. I mostly tell them they can find me on IG.
Martyn Klook ferry by FotoUli.jpeg

I'm curious, what are some of the lines they use to engage you?
Most common "openings" and my response
"Oh God, your cat is so beautiful." Yes, he knows it too.
"Can I pet your cat?" No, he doesn't enjoy the touch of strangers.
"Is your cat friendly?" Yes, but I'm not (said with a grin).
"How did you train him to do that?" I didn't, he just likes to come with me this way.
"Can I take your picture?" Yes, but only the cat and me, and if you send me the photo through IG.
Martyn Klook Sylvia Galiano.jpeg

What's the outcome been? Do they give you their numbers?
Most of them will send me messages through IG.
I already have enough lovers, so I rarely respond, but my kittens know that I get offers, so they don't 'act up' and keep down the drama, because they know I can walk away.

pipeman84

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They feel it's safe to approach me when I'm walking with my tomcat, because they can ignore other women and pretend to be interested solely in the cat. I mostly tell them they can find me on IG.
View attachment 11590

Most common "openings" and my response
"Oh God, your cat is so beautiful." Yes, he knows it too.
"Can I pet your cat?" No, he doesn't enjoy the touch of strangers.
"Is your cat friendly?" Yes, but I'm not (said with a grin).
"How did you train him to do that?" I didn't, he just likes to come with me this way.
"Can I take your picture?" Yes, but only the cat and me, and if you send me the photo through IG.
View attachment 11591

Most of them will send me messages through IG.
I already have enough lovers, so I rarely respond, but my kittens know that I get offers, so they don't 'act up' and keep down the drama, because they know I can walk away.
My understanding is that women aren't approaching you with a romantic interest/because they desire you as a man. They approach with a sense of 'let me have a photo with that funny looking old man with an eye patch and cat on his shoulder. That would look interesting on social media.'

As to OP, I think it depends on the kind of woman he's with ... for instance, I don't think Bezos became more attractive since he's with Sanchez, in fact he became a laughing stock.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think this is why men walking dogs also pass through the creep/freak filter, although dog owners are not as immediately trusted as much as cat wranglers, probably because anybody can walk a dog (even if the dog isn't his), but getting a cat to ride your shoulder in public requires a lot of trust from the animal.
True... dogs are easy. Even Hitler had a dog that loved him... then he poisoned the dog... because... well.. it was Hitler. I had a cat that used to love playing fetch... I would take him to the park, and he would follow me, and we would do our thing. It always got attention since getting a dog to play fetch doesn't really take a whole lot of skill... but a cat! Well now that is interesting.

Having said that, you are of course correct about women. They always have their radar out wondering if any man that comes into their space is going to be someone that scares the cr@p out of them. If there is one thing every man should understand about women is that they feel fear all the time, it's almost everyday. I can honestly say I've only felt REAL fear a half dozen times in my life... all those times it was honest to God real life/death situations in combat. Women feel fear walking to their car at night alone.

This past weekend I was invited to a wedding, it was a last-minute thing so I called a female friend to go with me. It was a lot different with women since I was with her. She was laughing at how boldly women were flirting with me. The woman I was with wanted to leave early since there were two guys there that she used to date and one was scaring the cr@p out of her. Yeah, he was pretty f'ing creepy... to me he was annoying, but for her he scared her enough to want to leave.

Men and women are different... nothing more different than how we feel fear.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Matt Johnson (The THE) wrote a song lyric that went, 'why can't love never touch my heart like fear does?'.

TheGambino

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True... dogs are easy. Even Hitler had a dog that loved him... then he poisoned the dog... because... well.. it was Hitler. I had a cat that used to love playing fetch... I would take him to the park, and he would follow me, and we would do our thing. It always got attention since getting a dog to play fetch doesn't really take a whole lot of skill... but a cat! Well now that is interesting.

Having said that, you are of course correct about women. They always have their radar out wondering if any man that comes into their space is going to be someone that scares the cr@p out of them. If there is one thing every man should understand about women is that they feel fear all the time, it's almost everyday. I can honestly say I've only felt REAL fear a half dozen times in my life... all those times it was honest to God real life/death situations in combat. Women feel fear walking to their car at night alone.

This past weekend I was invited to a wedding, it was a last-minute thing so I called a female friend to go with me. It was a lot different with women since I was with her. She was laughing at how boldly women were flirting with me. The woman I was with wanted to leave early since there were two guys there that she used to date and one was scaring the cr@p out of her. Yeah, he was pretty f'ing creepy... to me he was annoying, but for her he scared her enough to want to leave.

He poisoned the dog because he was afraid the enemy would torture the poor thing. Also he was going down and took everyone with him that he loved.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Some women love trying to fvck married guys...to the point they will fvck a guy they might be repulsed by normally just because they find it hot and naughty that they are "doing something they shouldn't".

Same thing with some women and sex in public...there is a chance they get caught and it makes it 10x hotter for them and almost like an adrenaline rush.

Women can be really weird sometimes with how they think and what turns them on. Different than guys who mostly get turned on by looks and sexuality, women can be turned on by many different things that have nothing to do with either.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My understanding is that women aren't approaching you with a romantic interest/because they desire you as a man. They approach with a sense of 'let me have a photo with that funny looking old man with an eye patch and cat on his shoulder. That would look interesting on social media.'
Your 'understanding' comes from a (straight?) male perspective and judging my appearance solely on photos, so understand that I do not take your opinion on my looks/attractiveness in any way seriously.

Women can be really weird sometimes with how they think and what turns them on. Different than guys who mostly get turned on by looks and sexuality, women can be turned on by many different things that have nothing to do with either.
Exactly.

While @pipeman84 assesses my attractiveness based on photos, women assess my attractiveness meeting me in person. If women would just be attracted to my cat and/or my patch, why would they share my bed? Why would they come over and submit to my ropes? Why would they share me with other women? Because there's more to me than what you can see.

Chow Mein

Don Juan
Reaction score
Some women love trying to fvck married guys...to the point they will fvck a guy they might be repulsed by normally just because they find it hot and naughty that they are "doing something they shouldn't".

Same thing with some women and sex in public...there is a chance they get caught and it makes it 10x hotter for them and almost like an adrenaline rush.

Understanding your disdain for reviving old threads, thanks for bumping this one. There are valuable insights in here.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Understanding your disdain for reviving old threads, thanks for bumping this one. There are valuable insights in here.
It's within the time limits allowed on the forum...you'll see an "Old Thread" box right above the post buttons on the ones that qualify, which are ones that are more than a year old without any posts.

This one made it 9.5 months, but it rose like the phoenix from the ashes. :lol:

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
He poisoned the dog because he was afraid the enemy would torture the poor thing. Also he was going down and took everyone with him that he loved.
Well that's a rational thought.

That's how you know he was a psychopath...because he assumed all others would do the same thing he would under those same conditions.

Most people would have felt empathy and wanted to rescue the dog...

You want to know who is a psychopath/sociopath in the making or already one?

Look at how they treat animals. They graduate to humans if they treat animals badly most times.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You want to know who is a psychopath/sociopath in the making or already one?
Look at how they treat animals. They graduate to humans if they treat animals badly most times.
What do you mean?
I know psychopaths often tend to have the triad of bedwetting, fire-setting, and torturing pets / animals, but what do you mean they 'graduate to humans'?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
What do you mean?
I know psychopaths often tend to have the triad of bedwetting, fire-setting, and torturing pets / animals, but what do you mean they 'graduate to humans'?
Many serial killers start out abusing/killing animals as children. When they grow up, they graduate to killing humans instead.