Practical self-development for fun and profit

Reaction score
Something I am trying to work myself towards is this (Disregard my username, my reality-tunnel was way different back then, and I was not open to anything other than the nihilistic philosophy):

1. Becomming emotionally unresponsive in a healthy way without repressing emotions, by practicing equanimity and mindfulness (Equanimity = Fully experiencing any emotion without labeling it as good or bad, Mindfulnes = Being completely aware of your emotions and thought processes)

2. Turning off my logical mind by meditation, practicing honesty, making decisions with my gut and listening mostly to my body.

3. Exercising rigoursly, taking cold showers, masturbating very rarely, taking supplements, eating food low in carbs but high in fats and protein to boost testosterone and neurotransmitters.

4. Managing the effects of these habits sucessfully, by learning to stand up for myself, learning to articulate my desires and taking action.

5. Conditioning myself to go from a submissive weakling to a dominant muscletonic, whilst allowing myself to act like an anti-social ******* and learning a few practical techniques for social sucess.

I only started with all of this just recently, I think that it is essential to go through an '*******' stage, where I to find a true ballance. I am going to start senior high school after the summer (I am 16 years old), where I will also be taking up MMA and Conditioning three times a week, meet way more girls than I do at the moment, and be able to structure my day much more. I will also go to psychotherapy, to get proffesional help to remove any emotional baggage and unhealthy tought loops that I have.

Do you guys have any feedback, ideas, opinions or thoughts about all of this?

alpha_ash

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You are ****ing 16. Enjoy life and stop worrying about all this. You have many many years before you need to worry about intentionally growing yourself. Let things happen naturally for now and you will be a happier person.

The_Crack

Don Juan
Reaction score
MMA changed my life man.. I started when i was 16 as well. Take up REAL MMA or BJJ, not a phoney conditioning class.. the amount of self confidence and esteem it produces is unparalleled.

good luck with everything

The_Crack

Don Juan
Reaction score
alpha_ash said:
You are ****ing 16. Enjoy life and stop worrying about all this. You have many many years before you need to worry about intentionally growing yourself. Let things happen naturally for now and you will be a happier person.
whats wrong with building the foundations to becoming the man you want to be?
He's 16.. which is old enough. If he was 10 then fair enough

I say OP should go for it.

Reaction score
The_Crack said:
MMA changed my life man.. I started when i was 16 as well. Take up REAL MMA or BJJ, not a phoney conditioning class.. the amount of self confidence and esteem it produces is unparalleled.

good luck with everything
My friend went to MMA classes last year. He's very confident, and has a good physique, but he still have some damage . I know for a fact that is the real deal what we got were I live, since he told me 66% of the time he got a nose bleeding, damaged his jaw joints, shoulder joints and his knee.

It should be said that he sparred with the big boys though (he was only 15, and sparred with 17-20 years old). How did you avoid fatal damage to your joints from this sport?

I know what you mean, I won't worship self-developement, I won't visit self-developement forums everyday. But I have some periods were I read books, threads and articles to learn about myself and the world.
Some guys my age can **** up themselves if they start mentally masturbating over **** that are so far out in the future, so distant from there current reality, that it won't happen anyway. I just used this forum for feedback to my action-plan, that probably will determine how I grow both physically and mentally from now on.

The_Crack

Don Juan
Reaction score
I started of with brazilian Jiu jitsu.. its alot more gentle in terms of facial damage and striking. Its wrestling with submissions such as chokes and joint locks.

Try that first instead of MMA.. or your MMA class might have class schedules where some have sparring and some don't, such as begginers and advanced classes.
look it up, and make sure you talk to the coach or instructors about your concern.
good luck

Reaction score
Thank you for the response The_Crack.
There is two MMA gyms in my city, one of them only have MMA classes and conditioning, the other have a lot of different classes. It has BJJ, MMA and Crossfit. Should I start out with BJJ and Crossfit and when I've trained for some time, go to MMA classes?