Plinco's cold approach journal

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Been doing a few cold approaches here and there. Rusty as heck compared to 2019, but today I finally got a number close.

I have not been doing a lot of approaches, but I am warming up little by little.
You are going to need to warm up some more. It is possible to get rusty with approaching. Guys getting out of long LTRs and marriages experience this.

There's no point to getting a phone number unless she's agreed to a first date with you during the in-person approach. It's much more difficult to sell a date over text messaging (the likely form of communication) than right there in-person. Also, if you actually want to get a woman on the phone for an actual voice conversation, that is quite difficult to do. I've noticed that as problematic since circa 2010.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Couple more cold approaches today. One was very short, the other conversation lasted a few minutes but just wasn't feeling any chemistry.

I'm going to keep at it and get better. I'm confident that this is going to work for me.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
last one

Attachments

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good man. She seems to wanted to build some rapport before she agrees to a date. Just wait until she double texts you or re-initiates the conversation or text her in 2 weeks to “keep in touch” and see if she asks you out.

Good job though and keep it up.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My observations:

The goth scene is back with college aged girls. I saw a lot of hunched postures, probably from excessive device use. Many of these girls do not put in the effort to look nice as they did even as of a few years ago.

My motives: I'm 38 and I'm looking at the 18 to 22 crowd. I'm going for pretty faces, high energy, physically fit girls, etc. I estimate that these girls are at the top 1% of the female population.

I've approached nine girls in the last few days, and here are the results

5/9 were underage (I'm guessing 15 to 17)

3/9 cold shoulders

1/9 had a short conversation, but her interest level was about a 2/10

So far, so good
How is this "good"? Bro, that's like a 0% batting average.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good man. She seems to wanted to build some rapport before she agrees to a date. Just wait until she double texts you or re-initiates the conversation or text her in 2 weeks to “keep in touch” and see if she asks you out.

Good job though and keep it up.
My read on it, is that it is the end of that conversation. I posted that for commentary.

How is this "good"? Bro, that's like a 0% batting average.
If you don't directly control the outcome, then taking the right action is a victory of in itself. I was just happy to get out there and try.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Did a warm approach yesterday (~6.5/10), got her number and set up a date next weekend.

Screenshots of the rest of the conversation
This girl just texted me out of the blue today.

I'm going to do some more approaches Saturday.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Told you. They always done back if you let it simmer it down for a little bit.
Yeah I didn't think she was that interested but it looks like you were right. We'll see though. I'm going to put some more irons in the fire.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Attachments

Clockwerk50

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since she initiated contact, she most likely wants to see you. However, it does seem like she would prefer to video chat or FaceTime before an actual meetup. I hear this is a new vetting process women have now days to remove potential suitors from their dating pool. In my opinion, you have two options:

1. Text her something like, “Hey, I feel bad for not showing up for our chess game. I was worried I might beat you too easily. Let me make it up to you with a video call.” Arrange a time when both of you can talk privately and get ready. Aim for a call that lasts around 10 to 15 minutes. During the call, ask her if she’d like to meet up for coffee to get to know each other better. Present it as a new opportunity rather than a repeat.

2. Alternatively, text her directly and suggest meeting up for coffee. This sound bold but it will be the best route if you do not like her as much. You can assess if she declines your invitation if you should start putting more effort onto other things

Either way, you need to ask her out now. I would have done it after the chess game but it is what it is.