Please post your stories about picking up at the bookstore here!

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn I see so many hot women at the bookstores. I'm just hoping you guys might post some field experiences where you picked up there.

All my pickups tend to be at bars still.

RunForIt

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I must agree. What is it with hot women and bookstores. But what do you do to pick them up there and not sound like some AFC hanging out trying to pick up women at the bookstore.

DJinArizona

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if a woman looks at you first or smiles or says hi or whatever then it's easy to talk to her without coming off as an AFC. Besides, an AFC by definition would never have the balls to start a convo with a chick in a bookstore.

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suppose Best Buy counts as a "bookstore". In essence, they're the same type of store. Just substitue books for cds and dvds.

I've had two pickups at my local best buy.

she was browsing the dvd section where I was, and I could see out of the corner of my eye that she was eyeing me.

So when she strolled casually around to the display where I was standing and picked up a dvd, I told her that movie (The Usual Suspects) was an excellent choice. She smiled, and the convo took off from there. She was a very cute Filipino girl. A solid 7.5, possibly an 8.5 if dressed up.

swigue

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to know about this as well. I can usually muster the balls to talk to them, but taking it from a friendly convo to one where it's appropriate to ask for the phone # at the end?

Anyone have experience w/ this?

Guitar_Whizz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Come on guys, this isn't difficult! Just go up to a girl who's reading/looking at a book and say 'excuse me, is that book any good?'. After that you can continue into conversation. Stop making this seem like it's hard, because it's not....YOU are making it difficult by over analysing.

No_Sleep

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by InLawsHateMe
"Do you like novels? Well, stick you hands down my pants and grab an epic."
lol that was good

WhitePimp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In a bookstore, I just walk around looking for a magazine or book I want and if I see a girl check me out I go for it. This real hottie worked there so I just made up a book title and asked her if they had it in stock or whatever. Obviously they didnt so I joked around on that for awhile and just kept the convo going until I got her number. This tactic can work for any chick in a bookstore. Just ask if they've ever heard of whatever book and I work from there

Reaction score
I was at the book store, and there was this fine looking mixed sista sitting at the resturant part of it. She looked over at me and I smiled at her.

Later her beautiful daughter came up to her and they walked off to the magazine stand. I walked over and said to her...what did you do clone your daughter...you two look just alike...she laughed and said something that I do not recall.

Then her daughter came back with a book/magazine on France. One of my son lives in Paris now so I asked her about her interest in France. Then I told her about my son.

After convo I dropped my card on her. She called me later that day. We met for coffee and it was on after that.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Uh I tried picking up a girl that was about 7 years older then me that worked there. I justplayed around with her. "So, whats a good book in this section?" Later she's like "Are you REALLY looking for a book, or was it just a good excuse?". I'm like "Just a good excuse :D "

Life-Trainee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Guitar_Whizz
Come on guys, this isn't difficult! Just go up to a girl who's reading/looking at a book and say 'excuse me, is that book any good?'. After that you can continue into conversation. Stop making this seem like it's hard, because it's not....YOU are making it difficult by over analysing.
Myea, i could've used that today. Except the chick was checking out some female empowerment books.

Omega

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Life-Trainee
Myea, i could've used that today. Except the chick was checking out some female empowerment books.
Tell her you love the feminist movement, and you cant wait until they promote "Women in the Kitchen".

TooColdUlrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
a lot of chicks go to bookstores TO GET picked up. it's no big secret that they are hot spots for PUs, so they flock. that's half the battle right there. i don't see it as any different than any other PU. use what you have at your disposal.

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Helter Skelter
What's a mixed sista??

I couldn't find that in the dictionary.
Are you kidding? That simply means 1/2 white 1/2 black.

My story goes as follows.

I was at borders with a friend of mine from school and we were checking out music production books. Out the corner of my eye I see a group of people I used to work with when I was in college. I say what's up to them and we went to the coffeeshop part of the bookstore and goofed off and shot the sh*t for a minute. We were killing time before the start of a movie I wanted to see next door to the bookstore. As we left the coffeeshop area, one of my friends said there was some girl sitting over in the coffeeshop area and that she was fine and whatnot. They then started goading me to approach her, saying I didn't have enough nuts to do it. I told them "watch this" and I confidently walked over there to talk to her. Keep in mind my friends noticed her and I was completely unaware of her presence. I walked over to notice a beautiful latina woman sitting there reading. Unphased, I asked her what she was reading. She said something and asked me to sit down. After about 15 minutes of convo, I got her digits to the amazement of my friends.

Unfortunately there's no happy ending to this story. We went out a week later, meeting up at a restaurant. She was an hour late and I bought *gasp* flowers to the date. I then acted like a wbafc during the whole date. It was a disaster.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was at the bookstore the other day reading and this hb8 came beside my table and said.."excuse me..." and as i turn my head to see she says "oh nevermind.." and walks away. I dont know what that meant but i didnt think much of it until a few seconds after she walked away.

I think she saw me from where she was standing and was interested but after she approached me she thought i was busy so...
well thats just my thought. What do you guys think of this situation?