Player Haters - Need Advice

DJ-Wladek

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do any of you have problems making friends with guys? All throughout high school, I was super-shy and introverted, and I had only a few close friends, all of them male. We were all pretty AFC together, and our frustration was a source of bonding. Now that I've moved on to college, I'm totally different, and people notice the difference. I go up to total strangers and make friends. I have a reputation for knowing tons of people on campus.

However, now I have a totally different problem. I can make cold approaches with chicks, and I'm cool with the occasional rejection and all that, but I can't make friends with guys. The majority of my free time is spent with platonic female friends. I know some of my buddies are loyal, but I also hear about a very few guys (1 or 2)saying how they hate me because I'm "too smart and too ****y" and that they want me to play in traffic and stuff.

Anybody else have trouble with this or have any advice?

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
get used to it. no matter where you go some people will hate on you. Keep shining and blinding those bastards.

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They're just jelous. I'd make friends with the guys who have girlfriends. :)

I find that all highschool friends just evaporate when you finish. I see them once in a blue moon and that's it.

To hell with them. Who cares?

Psst: I know a good site with wicked tactics on how to make guy friends. It's kinda like sosuave. :) It's for those poor chumps who have too many girls in their lives. :D

DJ-Wladek

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice guys. I think that not letting it get to me is really what DJ is all about.

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just quickly, are you too smart and too ****y? I know a guy at college with me, he hangs around a lot of woman, and he gets good grades, and he is VERY ****y! I wouldnt say he gets more woman than me, or better grades, but he is VERY VERY ****y! And for this reason me and a lot of other people do not like him. Just take a step back and look at yourself..........

cyo72

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yoo.. the same thing happened to me in my last year of high school.

I was class president and generally well-liked amongst guys.. but things changed.

once I started getting my DJin goin I became involved with a pretty fine lady.. I also made quite a bit of money doing some entreprenurial work. Anyways...

After all this great stuff happened, some guys started acting like total *****es and I found them saying **** behind my back. It perplexed me at first but the simple solution was.. dont let it phase you.

I held my head up high and learned to live with a few people disliking me. Once you come to realize its pure jealousy, you become somewhat relieved.

Also, remember that these guys who thrive on envy end up failing more often than succeeding. My point is, this will not be an impediment in your life. Though, their jealousy will impede their own lives. Without coming off as completely arrogant, I'm trying to best share my own experiences.

The worst thing you can do is really try and make friends with them. I'd be decent and not hateful.. just keep doing what you're doing.

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ice, this is actually an interesting topic to explore.

I read carnegi's books on influencing friends, some good stuff there.

Making good friends is tough. I meet many people every day, but it is just that link between "i know him" and "im friends with him" that i still have some trouble with.

Some general things im considering:

Get them to your house or go to their's as soon as possible.
Teach them a new skill, people remember that well.
Call them and set up meetings..clubs..movies..w/e

You're welcome to add more.

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
Get used to that feeling.
If they are not disrespecting you to your face or trying start sh1t with you ,then there is nothing you can do about it anyways.

Just ignore it. It's a part a life. If they get out of line YOU TAX THAT AZZ BIDDY-BOO!

YOU TAX THAT AZZ!:mad:

Ice Cold

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oxide - I don't beleive in friends that much anymore.

I beleive in partnership, in symbiosis. As long as both people benefit from the activity, they stick together. If somebody stops receiving what he needs, he'll be gone.

But that's just me

Oxide

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Heh, its all about taking care of yourself really.. People fake being best buds with you just to get something. I dont like to admit it, but i've done it myself (getting beer from UGs)...
;)

Really egoistic and all.. i start to realize how true this phrase was:

"Real friends are like dimonds...really hard to find"